2004 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 694 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

One very fast no frills ride

By on Thursday, January 3, 2013

Pros: "blinding raw power and accelleration"

Cons: "not much grip from the rear tires."

"I own 2 Corvette Z-06 models, this '02 and an '07. This '02 is a deadly fast ride without any thing to save you except your own driving skills. I would not recommend this car unless you are an experienced driver as once you "get your foot into it" you really better have your wits about you. It is deadly fast, the stock tires are pretty useless as far as grip in the rear and the car can get away from you quicker than you may think possible. Mine is red and is truly a wild car. Not for the faint of heart, definitely not a toy."

Has been very reliable and still in good shape

By on Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pros: "It has served me well and been very reliable"

Cons: "this car has convinced me to buy a 2011 Vette"

"This is a company car that has given me very good service. It still averages 24.5 MPG. Drivers seat shows wear but is repairable. It has a lot of miles but still runs well. It gets all good miles and does not burn oil. the front seals are starting to get tired. I have used Mobil 1 for life of the car and change the oil every 5 to 6 thousand miles."

A Joy to drive.

By on Sunday, September 4, 2016

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "Should have been recall for steering column lock"

"This car is the epitome of "fun to drive". Takes a little while to get used to all the power and tourque. But after getting used to the horsepower you get a new appreciation for driving when all that horsepower and handling come together and you become one with what it can do. Driving a car that handles like this may get you a ticket or two as this car screams to "let her buck". Handles better at 120mph than a dream come true. Never got it up to its stated ability because that's right around 200mph but it cuts through the air so nice that you don't feel any drag at 120+mph. The ride at 100 plus is so nice that a ticket or two is worth it in my opinion."

Feels the Road

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Exciting to drive, comfortablel, roomy back deck"

"I'm a gal driver, this is my third vette, I garage and cover my baby, she's 13 years old, am on my second set of tires, the original set began to granulate on me from age at 17,000 miles a year and a half ago. I love the way she feels the road--this is not a coach made vehicle, you will feel every bump, grade and twist in the road--you can tell you are in a true high performance sports car that is wicked fast. You can lose your butt in a heartbeat in this car if you don't understand how it performs because it can get away from you. On the other hand, it is reassuringly powerful with a very fast response. I'm short so I love the comfort of the auto adjust seats. I kept my other vettes a long time because these cars last and last so I'll probably keep her for another 5-6 years, I get offers on her pretty often. My others sold easily, also. That's a another good thing. I haven't had a lot of maintenance, only had to replace a window motor and headlamp motor, once again because of age, as well as the original wiper blades, hoses and belts. Do I get a kick out of being behind the wheel of this great vehicle? you bet--I also love walking away leaving challengers in the dust--when it's safe. For sure, I don't want to do anything that's gonna hurt my ride. Don't want to get tagged either, especially at my age, but it's nice to know that my car is a standout, can handle most any situation wherever we go and doesn't show her age. She's probably my last vette, but who knows?"

some maintenance troubles

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Drive it every day. Tires go fast and it's a little noisy and bumpy but it wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't. I think next time I'll get a non z06 for the day to day comfort and the magnetic suspension. Traction control went out ~35k, got it fixed for $2k, starting giving warnings again ~60k and I haven't bothered. AC dash unit went out ~45k, I think that was ~$400. Front brake calipers were out at ~65k and that was over $1k."