2003 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 693 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

99 Vette Rag Top

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"First Vette, am happy with it but the ride can be bumpy, performance is great, has all options except magnesium wheels, no problems with anything so far, however it only has 20,000 miles. I've decided to keep it stock. Concerns I have is that the radio/heater lights flicker when idling. Very fun to drive but hate to park in a public lot. It sits very low so much care is needed when parking, steep inclines, and debirs on the road. It also has a few sqeaks-not Lexus quality."

Very fast and great handling

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup passenger holder"

"Eighty percent of the mileage is between New Orleans and Houston. This car handles great on the highway and the ride is very comfortable. But you have to watch your speed when accelerating around other cars for sometimes you will be well above the speed limit."

Great car

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive - gets alot of attention when driving"

Cons: "Weekend driver"

"Very fast with a few added bolt-on's. Handles well with the proper tires."

Best sports cars I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great handling and power"

"Have found this car extremely reliable and a driving experience second to none. Any positive things said about this car are true. The handling and power are amazing. The interior room is very comfortable, I am 6 feet tall with room to spare. Also for a sports car there is plenty of storage space."

Great American Automolile

By on Friday, June 4, 2010

"I have owned this car for almost 5 years now. I only drive this car once in awhile, when I do it truly is a blast. I have owned 4 other corvetts in the past, this one by far is the best one ever for many reason as, comfort, performance, fuel economy, and several others. The best one of all is that I'm 62, and when I drive it I feel like a kid again. Thank you GM for building such a fun car..."

One bad Bowtie

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

"To anybody thinking about buying a new muscle car an SS camaro, SRT-8s charger and challenger, gt mustangs may as well forget about it unless you want to be embarrassed by a 7 year old street car blowing off your doors in front of your girlfriend how embarrassing.With your temp tag freshly mounted. Why waste all that money when you could have a Z 06 for less then 30,000. I know this because I have a 50th anniv Z06 Corvette. So far on a toy run to Atlantic City I have reached 164 mph try that in those cars. Here is something else for ya to chew on. 1/4 mile 12.3 seconds @ 117 MPH with street tires. My car is almost stock except for a blackwing cold air and a power tune by east coast superchargers. Offering up maybe another 20-30 HP. All I know this is the fastest car I have owned and I have had some fast cars. Which Makes this Chevy ONE BAD BOWTIE. OH DID I MENTION THE LADIES LIKE IT TO. LOL"

Dream come true

By on Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"When I needed to get a new car I test drove a 2001 Vett. Nothing else compared to the handling, look, style, performance or reliablity without forking hundreads of thousands of dollars. Love at first turn out of the dealer and the smile will not wash away from your face once you start it. I bought a 2003 5 days after the initial test drive and have been in love since. If your thinking about it Buy It, trust me no regrets."

Sexy but practical

By on Saturday, November 8, 2008

"I bought the car for all the same reasons most people buy a Corvette convertible. Mainly pleasure. I must say the overall quality of the car is impressive. I'd always heard Corvette is the gold standard for American car quality but wasn't convinced. I am now. It's 6 years old but everything works just as it should. The top is a far cry from the old convertible tops. It is well engineered and couldn't be easier to put up and down. Surprising lack of wind noise top up or down and you can light a cigarette at 70 mph. The gas mileage is great. I never thought this car would be so practical. Yes, repairs are expensive but it's a moot point when the quality is this good."

Dependable Daily "supercar"

By on Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Hands down, one of the best deals out there regardless of manufacturer. What is lacks in "luxury appointments" it more than over delivers in performance, handling and daily driveability. If you desire a dependable two seater that can straighten out the curved roads and post very respectable numbers in a straight line, it would be a wise choice to look into a C5. There is no better bang for the buck convertible available!"

Looks, Performance AND Comfort. 'Nuff said.

By on Sunday, March 30, 2008

"I bought my 2000 vette used as a "present" to myself for retiring from the military. It has been and still is a real head turner; compliments come a plenty. As far as reliability goes, I had a few electronic issues (computer resets, etc.)early on, but they were under warranty, so no worries about that. Other than that, I just replaced the battery with a higher CCA version, changed the air filter seveal times and replaced the driver's side door refector. In short, I've always been a fan of vettes (owned a C3 1980 for a good while), and my C5 2000 just makes me love 'em even more."