2001 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 694 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

Overall A Good Car

By on Saturday, August 22, 2009

"This reveiw applies only to the 1997-2004 5th Generation Corvette. Cons: The interior fit and finish. GM should have used higher quality leather throughout the car and designed a more suitable seat for the type of driving this car is intended for. They should have also built better/more sturdy door panels. This is GM's flagship automobile. The quality should be the best they can produce. Most purchasers of this auto would gladly pay the additional $1000-$3000 per unit it would require to improve the interior. The "Corvette Tax" is also a major pain. Vendors seem to figure, if they'll buy a 'vette, they'll pay a premium for mods and accessories. Nothing for a 'vette is cheap or reasonably priced, by any standard other than Corvette or maybe Harley-Davidson. Pros: IT IS A CORVETTE. Super car-ish performance for the person on a budget. The car accelerates, stops, and corners like nothing most people have ever driven. It looks great and is, mostly, reliable. I can park my 1998 next to a 2008 and draw as much or more attention. The air conditioner is great, even in my convertible. The Bose stereo is good, although mine found a trash can soon after I bought the car. The sound quality was more than adequate for all but the audiophiles among us, but the quantity of the sound was not enough for me while driving with the top down. The gauge cluster is informative a pleasant to look at. The car has ample storage top up or down. You can carry enough luggage for 2 people to spend 7+ days away from home and still enjoy top down cruising on the way to and from your destination. Would I buy again? YES Would I suggest it to a friend? Yes I give it 4 out of 5 stars overall!"

Zoooooooooooom!!!!!

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"We've owned our arctic white coupe for over 4 years and it still looks like it's brand new. It's not a garage queen...we drive it around 10K/year. The only limitations are winter weather driving. It's the most comfortable car we own. Mileage on the highways is close to 30mpg. Needless to say it's FAST when you want it to be. We strongly recommend getting a coupe for several reasons. The most impotant reason being the HUGE trunk space. It also has more trunk space than any of our other cars. We take trips throughout the year and there's plenty of room...two sets of golf clubs, two decent sized soft-sided suitcases, two ice chests and all the wife's other cosmetic bags, etc. Second..the body style of a coupe cannot be beat. And thirdly...When you take the top(s) off (we have both solid and glass tops we interchange), you have a built in rollbar for extra safety (for the wife's peace of mind)...not that it's going to ever roll over the way it's built. Last but not least....these cars can last forever. I have friends who have over 200,000 miles on their vettes and have had little major problems."

My best Vette

By on Monday, September 1, 2008

"Over the years I have owned 7 vetts from a 66 427 convertable to my 99 C5. I have had this one for 3 Years now and it is the best Vette I have ever owned. Comfort, reliablity and economy you can't beat it. For an old man of 60 now I need the lixury and comfort this C5 delivers. All I have had to do with this one is Wash Wax Change the Oil and 1 set of tires. The rest of the time I just enjoy it. Like Jay Leno says you don't need a shrink when you ownn a Vette. All you need to do is just run it through the gears and you troubles are GONE !!!!!!!!"

99 Vette Rag Top

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"First Vette, am happy with it but the ride can be bumpy, performance is great, has all options except magnesium wheels, no problems with anything so far, however it only has 20,000 miles. I've decided to keep it stock. Concerns I have is that the radio/heater lights flicker when idling. Very fun to drive but hate to park in a public lot. It sits very low so much care is needed when parking, steep inclines, and debirs on the road. It also has a few sqeaks-not Lexus quality."

Very fast and great handling

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "No cup passenger holder"

"Eighty percent of the mileage is between New Orleans and Houston. This car handles great on the highway and the ride is very comfortable. But you have to watch your speed when accelerating around other cars for sometimes you will be well above the speed limit."