2001 Chevrolet Corvette

9.5

Based on 693 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

My fourth Vette, best yet.

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great trunk for conv"

Cons: "not enough sun shine in CT"

"Being the last year of the C5 model I believe has all of the little issues worked out. Would love to have move into a C6 or C7 but can't justify the cost as this one is without issue and only used for summer months."

Z06 - Truly FAST Traffic

By on Thursday, April 17, 2008

"I purchased my 2003 Z06 Corvette used from a Chevy Dealer in 2007 and is my third Corvette. I am a 'Boomer' and a very experienced driver. I've had performance cars all my life, including a 1970 SS-396/375 w/ solid lifters, 1986 Dodge Shelby Charger, 1992 Corvette, 2000 Corvette Coupe and a 1990 Mustang HO 5.0 Notchback. Compared to this Z06, all my previous cars are irrelevant and crude. My Z06 becomes a part of me when I'm driving. It's responsive to every input...my every thought...my every twitch on the gas pedal and steering wheel. ----She's unbelievably FAST, and seems to get a 'second-wind' as I shift up through the power band. My Z06 is a totally different driving experience than my 2000 Vette. The 2000 is a great winter and foul-weather car...also fast in her own right, a much smoother ride...a cruiser...a wonderful, comfortable daily drive. The Z06 is a rougher ride...tighter, noisier...almost a race car that you can drive every day. So far, I have not been able to find enough safe, open road to explore the full potential of the Z06. ----The 2003 Z06 up's: Super Power with no modifications necessary, high-G road holding and turning abilities, excellent brakes, head-up display really works! (I wouldn't buy a Vette without head-up), wonderful Millennium Yellow paint, great gas mileage that keeps getting better (23.2 average driving to work in-town everyday. 26.6 on a recent trip from Maryland to SC - compared to 28.2 with my 2000 Vette). ----The 2003 Z06 down's: Cheap leather seats w/ weak seat-backs, notchy stiff shifter, unable to find all-season/winter tires or run-flats for my Z06 at any price (Goodyear F1 supercar summer tires only are recommended). ----FINAL WORDS: 2008 is a great time for 'muscle cars', sports cars and big power. But, Premium gasoline prices are hitting $3.70 a gallon now and predicted to go to $4.00, perhaps even $5.00 a gallon. The new CAFE standards will require 35-MPG per model by 2020. Therefore, the future of performance cars is uncertain at best. So, if you have any thoughts about buying a car of this ilk, this may be your last chance to follow your dream. My credo is 'For the money, a good used Corvette is generally better than almost any NEW car on the road today'. They hold their value well and driving a Vette elevates you into an exclusive Club inhabited only by you and your fellow Corvette drivers. The 2003 Z06 is safer, faster, stronger, better than every 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's muscle car I've ever driven...and, I've driven many! So, (in Vette-speak) pursue your passion! Buy a Vette. Remember to 'Save the Wave' and acknowledge fellow Vette drivers whenever you see them. -DJ"

Quintessential American Sports car

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "Best bang for the buck I have ever seen!!"

"Incredibly fun to drive, a huge head turning quotent, powerful, agile, beautiful to look at standing still or at 120 MPH on the track. The only minus (and a VERY small one) is that it can be a bit uncomfortable on a long trip (over two hours). BUT!! Come on! It's a Corvette!"

fast fun and great gas mileage if you can go easy!

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pros: "great car for the $"

Cons: "parts are pricey"

"these are great cars with crazy 0-60 and a top speed you wont touch....up to 30 mpg lots of cosmetic upgrades to make them your own and just a nice car all around"

Solid reliable true sports car.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Best bargain in a supercar anywhere in the world"

Cons: "Can't bring home a sheet of plywood"

"Bought it new, had few problems. Tradeoffs are all up front--it's a real sports car, so ride is solid, without a lot of extra room for driver-passenger. But, the trunk's pretty spacious, even in the ragtop, and the heads-up display quickly became a favorite feature. Just look thru it and match it up to the road sign to be sure you're not attracting unwanted attention. Acceleration is all anybody ever needs, and handling is extremely sporty and predictable--with override on the traction control, if you ever want to go back to basics to spin a doughnut or swing the back end out to make a tight u-turn somewhere. Still looks great and gets interest (I'm an extrovert) after 10 years."