2009 Chevrolet Cobalt

7.8

Based on 1342 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

It is what it is?

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

Pros: "great colors to choose from, looks great"

Cons: "cheaply made, many little failures"

2007 Cobalt LT

"I have a 2007 LT coupe. The Cobalt comes in eye popping colors (mine is orange) and is a great value for a driver who wants something that looks sporty without the pricetag. While the car's exterior is aesthetically pleasing and the interior simple and sharp, the car is cheaply made. I have had a lot of small issues, most which happened around 30,000 miles which was ridiculous: the passenger side window motor died, my front speakers/lock chimes/ turn signal sounds quit working, the control arm bearing on the passenger side has been replaced twice, and the thermostat only works occasionally. Aside from these small things, the power steering motor and fuel pumps were recalled by the manufacturer. Overall, you get what you pay for I guess. It hasn't left me stranded but it is annoying wondering what problem it will have next."

2007 Cobalt LT

Very nice car

By on Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pros: "sporty"

Cons: "not a family vehicle"

"I bought my Cobalt with my father during its first production year in 2005. Over seven years later, it is still as nice and dependable a car as it was then. I have driven this car to Seattle and back, as well as Georgia and back. I also drove to New England from New Jersey about 12 times up and back a few years ago with no issues, cruising at 80 on I-95. It is a cheap car (about $16,600 when I bought it), but is a great value when you throw in gas mileage, exterior style and power (not bad for a 4 cyl. eco-tec engine). It gives me what I want, being a single guy with a limited income. Seats are a little stiff and room is tight if you have 3 or 4 big people in the car. My electronic temp. gauge on the dash went down a few years back, but this is insignificant since if I need the outside temp I just roll down the windows!! The electronic door locks have also gone down. I checked the fuse, but seems to be a wiring issue. Again a minor inconvenience. Outside of routine maintenance , car looks great and drives smooth. Nice value."

Good style, comfortable ride, but cheaply built.

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Stylish, quick accl.."

Cons: "Stiff seats."

"I've always been a big Chevy fan. I jumped at the chance to purchase this car when I saw it in the used car lot. Had only 28,000 and had a clean history report. Very stylish car with a comfortable smooth ride. The seats are alittle stiff but not to bad. Very quick and pretty good on gas but not great. However after about a year of driving it, little things started to break. Like the gear clip on the shifter broke off, and the red gear indicator is stuck on gear 1 (automatic trans) so I have to make sure im in drive and not reservse when I go to take off. My trunk light stopped working after about 5 months, still havent replaced it just to big of a hassle. The Keyless entry fob remote stopped working because the metal clip that holds and battery down broke. Dont ever drop your remote! It doesnt take shock to well, cheaply made. Replacements are easily $160 out the door at the dealership. If your battery happens to die and you try to start the car, your key will get stuck in the ignition due to the electronic ignition switch not receiveing any power. Major pain in the behind. However is it possible to manualy override that by popping open the small door under the steering collem and pressing the little white button (kinda hard to see but it is accessible) Well that has been my expeience with my 2009 Chevy Cobalt 4D LT. If you read this I hope I have helped! I give this car a 7/10 overall rating. If you can get a good price for this car I absolutely reccomend it! Just don't over pay."

Awesome small car with good ride for price.

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "economical, reliable and sporty"

Cons: "ext. dents easily,int.stains easily,not powerful"

"This has been an economical reliable vehicle with a good ride for such a small car. I have had very few mechanical problems most of which were fixed while under warranty. I get close to 30 mpg highway and 24 to 25 in city! Interior looks nice and exterior design is smart. It is comfortable to drive even on long trips. The exterior however dents easily and the interior stains easily. Other than that I would recommend this car to anyone who needs a small car with good fuel economy and sporty look. It is roomy for front seat but close quarters in back. I have never been sorry for purchasing this car."

In love...

By on Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"I have been the proud owner of a 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt for seven months now, and I have loved every minute of it. I am used to driving a six cylinder, so I was worried about the Cobalt being a four cylinder, but after test driving it, I was sold! With the Cobalt, you can get the pep of a six cylinder with the gas mileage of a four cylinder! In this economy, you cannot beat that. I have an average of 30 mpg with about 50/50 city/highway driving. It rides smooth, even over our Mississippi roads! The only pitfalls are the seat comfort, but, as another reviewer pointed out, this is not a luxury model. Also, if you change your own oil, you have to buy a special little gadget to get the cap off easily. These are small prices to pay with everything else you get. It's a very cute car, too! However, my boyfriend doesn't mind driving it, for it's not too feminine for a guy to drive. If you are looking for an attractive, small, gas efficient, affordable model, this is the one for you!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cobalt near Honolulu. See local deals