2009 Chevrolet Cobalt

7.9

Based on 1306 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

I like it

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "decent gas mileage, sporty look"

Cons: "trunk opening, difficult to get things in and out"

"I really like my Cobalt. It gets me where I need to go and is comfortable to drive someone over 6' may not be all that comfortable and will probably feel cramped. Have taken several out of state trips and it gas mileage has been good. After knee replacement surgery though I'm finding it harder getting in and out."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pros: "Best car for its price."

"This is a review of a previous car I have owned. The car stuck with me through thick and thin! Especially with my extensive cross country driving! I put around 133000 miles on my 2006 red cobalt LS and the motor and transmission still ran like the day I bought it. Ive driven imports from the same year and they did not handle or perform like my LS. I would recommend this car to anyone looking to buy an eco car for the most bang for the buck. Sure, its no Subaru Impreza or BMW, but if youre looking for an affordable car that you can trust, the cobalt, from any year, is just that."

IMO the best compact car sold in the last 20 years

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "great value / fun to drive"

Cons: "thin paint / high insurance"

My Cobalt at Multinoma Falls.

"Arguably this is, in my opinion the absolute best compact FWD car sold in the last twenty some odd years. This car handles fantastic, has great brakes (as long as you don't cheap out on service parts), has ample power in stock form, and contrary to some period reviews, the interior really isn't bad - I have to intentionally touch a hard surface, otherwise it's all soft to the touch. The only downsides of this car are (in no particular order): 1) Paint quality; thinly applied from the factory, it's common to see front end paint chips - the more it's driven the more it will chip. Also look the the inside of the door bottoms. 2) High insurance premiums; the '08-'10 Cobalt SS was produced in low numbers, and most of the buyers were and are younger drivers who get into trouble very fast. These are not rocket ships, but they do have roughly double the horsepower of a base Cobalt, or pretty much any regular compact cars."

My Cobalt at Multinoma Falls.

Good Car

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "Fuel Economy/ Reliability"

Cons: "Recalls"

"I bought my Chevy Cobalt LT coupe in 2012 with 134k on the dash. Its now 2015 and its got 183000 miles on it and it still runs very well. Had some issues with the computer that were about a grand to fix but thats the only repair I've made on the car outside of oil changes and tires. The interior is meh but the car is comfy and roomy. Fuel economy is good. i got as high as 40mpg highway but typically I'm getting 28-32 depending on my speeds. The car has a couple non mechanical inconveniences. The latch on my drivers side door broke in the inside. The power windows don't work on the passenger side and the sun roof doesn't work. But i love the car would definitely recommend it."

love it

By on Monday, March 16, 2015

"fun to drive and very reliable"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cobalt near Honolulu. See local deals