2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

7.8

Based on 1342 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Greatcar...a few bad points

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

"This is a sporty, flashy car that still gets glances...yellow! The car has needed no mechanical work in 75,000 miles and on original battery. The interior was skimped on and all Cobalt owners complain that Chevy screwed up. It is hard plastic with cloth that stains even with normal arm sweat. Although I love this car, I am embarrassed to have people in it."

Daily driver

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Practical 1-2 person car, great millage!"

Cons: "Suspention is average"

"First off, my cobalt is an 08 LS coup XFE 5 speed manual. I Bought this car used 2+ years ago with hardly any miles. It has been a super daily driver for my 120 mile DAILY commute! The only thing i have done to this car is gas, oil, and maintinance. I have had 0 unexpected costs and 0 problems. I shopped around for the XFE, higher than normal drive ratio, and it has paid off in the long run. With thoughtful driving i get 38-40 mpg with thIs car on my commute, and i have never gotten less than 36 mpg. Im doing as well as a prius at 1/4th the cost of those ugly boxes! To be honest the suspention is not sporty, but comfortable for a short wheelbase car. The engine is well...big for a compact car, 2.2 L is alot since most cars this size are 1.6 L or so. The engine is not as peppy as a lot of the japanese engines of the same size, but with a manual trans you have a good, yes good, amount of get up and go for a quick pass or a zip up and down the road if you wish. On the plus side if you have the " basic" 15 or 16 inch rims tires are cheap and there are plenty of choices."

Great car for the price

By on Saturday, May 24, 2008

"I bought my '05 SS Supercharged Cobalt in Dec '07. With the somewhat high miles the car had when I bought it (39k) it runs like a new car. Maintenance on it is easy and the available GM performance upgrades are a plus for those who want a little more power out of it. The exterior styling is excellent. The only downside is the big wing on the trunk blocks the rear view making your rear-view mirror almost useless. The interior doesn't look like other Chevrolet cars, which is a plus. The SS emblem on the dash and the sport seats with the embroided "SS" really add that extra touch to give it a unique feel. If you are tall, 6'2"+, leg room can be a bit cramped. The seats are comfortable enough for short trips but look to something else for the longer trips. The Pioneer sound system with subwoofer in the trunk is excellent compared to most of the audio systems in Chevrolet's car lineup. Trunk space is nice, but the opening is very small so don't expect to put large boxes and such in it. My SS is good on gas mileage. Averaging around 25 mpg city driving and 34 mpg highway driving. It has been mechanically sound, with no problems so far. It can be quick and the power kicks in instantly thanks to the supercharger. To sum it up. It's a great car with the power needed to pass, merge, and spend weekends at the track."

05 Cobalt

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"I purchased by 2005 Cobalt new in June of 2005. Overall I have been very pleased by this vehicle, however, there were several small problems - the radio locked up and had to be replaced, the floor shift assembly had to be replaced because it would lock the steering column, the gas cap had to be replaced because it was not sealing properly, and the taillight access cover in the trunk was replaced because it did not stay in place properly. Chevy made good on its warranty, and I paid no out of pocket expenses for any of these repairs. Other than those small problems, the car has performed wonderfully the entire time I've owned it. I've never had a break down and have not had any repairs other than the small items handled under the warranty. This car is a great car for commuting or for younger drivers because it is very easy to handle and gas efficient. I will be trading in my car only because it is a two door model and my family is expanding and I will need a four door vehicle soon."

nice car

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"I've got an '06 cobalt ls with manual transmission and no extras (i.e. no power doors/ mirrors/ windows). The interior looks cheap, visibility is hindered by the thick front pillars and the gear shifter has a quite rough and too long path. Other than that, I find it really confortable (my height is 6'2''), it handles (corners/ brakes/ accelerates) surprisingly well and is much more powerful than vehicles in the same class. I get 35 mpg at 60mph and a 27 mpg in town (btw, I've checked the mpg indicator on board and it is accurate). Overall, I think it's a great no-nonsense car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cobalt near Honolulu. See local deals