2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

7.8

Based on 1342 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Nothing but problems

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"My girlfriend and I recently purchased a 2006 Cobalt in November of 2006 and it has had two major problems since. Shortly after purchasing it, the door broke due to a manufacturer defect and if it was not under warranty the repairs would have cost us somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000. They actually had to destroy the paneling in order to repair the door. More recently, the power steering has gone out. For some reason they decided to go to Electric Power Steering thus forcing us to have to go to the dealer for repairs for what is once again a manufacturer defect. Now the car is no longer under warranty and the repairs are going to cost roughly $2000. That is $3000 worth of repairs needed on a car that we thought we were getting a deal on. I would have happily paid the extra money for an upgraded import at this point. Please be careful before buying this car and I highly recommend an extended warranty if you do decide to go forward with a purchase."

POOR VEHICLE

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PRICE, GREAT GAS MILEAGE"

Cons: "RECALLS"

"THIS PRODUCT HAS HAD ALOT OF RECALLS AND MY COBALT UNFORTUNATELY HAD POWER STEERING FAILURE AND NEEDED TO BE REPLACED SEVERAL TIMES. THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH THE IGNITION SWITCH AND LOCK CYLINDERS.THE ENGINE WORKS WELL AND THE DESIGN IS COMPACT AND EASILY ACCESSIBLE. IT ALSO GETS GREAT GAS MILEAGE. HOWEVER, IT WAS A HEADACHE TO CONSTANTLY HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE DEALERSHIP CONSTANTLY WITH MULTIPLE RECALLS AND DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT I PURCHASED."

BEST CAR EVER

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "price, steering, gas mileage, cute, fun to drive"

Cons: "cloth seats are hard to keep clean"

"I have owned a blue 2005 chevy cobalt ls sedan for 5 years and have had only 2 problems with it. It has been a very reliable car and though it's small it's roomier than you think. The best thing about the car might be the tight steering. This car can make such sharp turns it's amazing! The gas mileage is also great. Plus the car is very cute love it, wish they still made it"

Greatcar...a few bad points

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

"This is a sporty, flashy car that still gets glances...yellow! The car has needed no mechanical work in 75,000 miles and on original battery. The interior was skimped on and all Cobalt owners complain that Chevy screwed up. It is hard plastic with cloth that stains even with normal arm sweat. Although I love this car, I am embarrassed to have people in it."

Daily driver

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Practical 1-2 person car, great millage!"

Cons: "Suspention is average"

"First off, my cobalt is an 08 LS coup XFE 5 speed manual. I Bought this car used 2+ years ago with hardly any miles. It has been a super daily driver for my 120 mile DAILY commute! The only thing i have done to this car is gas, oil, and maintinance. I have had 0 unexpected costs and 0 problems. I shopped around for the XFE, higher than normal drive ratio, and it has paid off in the long run. With thoughtful driving i get 38-40 mpg with thIs car on my commute, and i have never gotten less than 36 mpg. Im doing as well as a prius at 1/4th the cost of those ugly boxes! To be honest the suspention is not sporty, but comfortable for a short wheelbase car. The engine is well...big for a compact car, 2.2 L is alot since most cars this size are 1.6 L or so. The engine is not as peppy as a lot of the japanese engines of the same size, but with a manual trans you have a good, yes good, amount of get up and go for a quick pass or a zip up and down the road if you wish. On the plus side if you have the " basic" 15 or 16 inch rims tires are cheap and there are plenty of choices."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cobalt near Honolulu. See local deals