2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

7.8

Based on 1342 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Great car...For a little while

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Good price, good ride"

Cons: "Maybe too fragile for is own good, short lifespan"

"I got mine used in '06 with 18000 miles on it and it was a great car. No complaints. Then 2 years ago, at about 65000 the trouble started (not out of the ordinary stuff for 65000 mile GM car). Like a domino effect all sorts of problems started and continued faster than I could keep up with. Simple stuff like brakes, rotors, struts, shocks, motor mounts, compressor, CV joints, some unexplained rattling in the front that no one seems able to find the source of, and now, having just broke 100,000 miles the transmission is going. Expected a much longer lifespan, but I've grown tired of dumping so much money into it every couple weeks. I've kept up with maintenance and repairs through the years, and I didn't beat it up too much, but over the last year I probably put about $2500+ into repairs and every month or so a new problem arrises. I was once madly in love with this car, but now I'm looking forward to getting her out of my life."

Horrible durability.

By on Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pros: "Cheap car"

Cons: "not reliable."

"Bought this car as a certified used car. No where near my expectations from a Chevy vehicle. Went in multiple time for many things. Engine is good but everything else interior and comfort is horrible. Replaced front speaker, fan blower motor was replaced and after 10K miles is squealing, center shift column, drivers door panel, passenger interior door handle, ambient temperature does not register properly, water leaked inside fan air box, resulting in mold smell, rear shocks went bad and were replaced, front strut mounts replaced, seat belt buckles replaced, cam shaft solenoids, all covered under the certified warranty. What if I things went bad and there was no warranty? Only thing that wasn't replaced under warranty was the recall for the power steering motor. All i can say is buyer beware for putting 30K on a car in 2 years without a warranty I would have been BROKE!"

Nothing but problems

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"My girlfriend and I recently purchased a 2006 Cobalt in November of 2006 and it has had two major problems since. Shortly after purchasing it, the door broke due to a manufacturer defect and if it was not under warranty the repairs would have cost us somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000. They actually had to destroy the paneling in order to repair the door. More recently, the power steering has gone out. For some reason they decided to go to Electric Power Steering thus forcing us to have to go to the dealer for repairs for what is once again a manufacturer defect. Now the car is no longer under warranty and the repairs are going to cost roughly $2000. That is $3000 worth of repairs needed on a car that we thought we were getting a deal on. I would have happily paid the extra money for an upgraded import at this point. Please be careful before buying this car and I highly recommend an extended warranty if you do decide to go forward with a purchase."

POOR VEHICLE

By on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PRICE, GREAT GAS MILEAGE"

Cons: "RECALLS"

"THIS PRODUCT HAS HAD ALOT OF RECALLS AND MY COBALT UNFORTUNATELY HAD POWER STEERING FAILURE AND NEEDED TO BE REPLACED SEVERAL TIMES. THERE ARE PROBLEMS WITH THE IGNITION SWITCH AND LOCK CYLINDERS.THE ENGINE WORKS WELL AND THE DESIGN IS COMPACT AND EASILY ACCESSIBLE. IT ALSO GETS GREAT GAS MILEAGE. HOWEVER, IT WAS A HEADACHE TO CONSTANTLY HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE DEALERSHIP CONSTANTLY WITH MULTIPLE RECALLS AND DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT I PURCHASED."

BEST CAR EVER

By on Friday, September 13, 2013

Pros: "price, steering, gas mileage, cute, fun to drive"

Cons: "cloth seats are hard to keep clean"

"I have owned a blue 2005 chevy cobalt ls sedan for 5 years and have had only 2 problems with it. It has been a very reliable car and though it's small it's roomier than you think. The best thing about the car might be the tight steering. This car can make such sharp turns it's amazing! The gas mileage is also great. Plus the car is very cute love it, wish they still made it"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cobalt near Honolulu. See local deals