1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

7.9

Based on 1707 Ratings for the 1995 - 2005 models.

256,000 miles and she is just now starting to go!

By on Monday, March 4, 2013

Pros: "Reliable car"

Cons: "Not a looker"

"I drove my 2002 Chevy Cavalier off the dealer’s lot with just three miles on it. Eleven years later, she is just now starting to show signs of wear and tear, although the exterior has been sporting rust for the last five. If I could, I would drop the money for repairs to keep this car going because it has been a champ, but the $1000+ fixes are probably better spent on a down payment for a new ride. That said, this car needs major work (for the first time ever), and yet it still hasn’t left me stranded when I am out and about. I will be sorry to see it go."

Good commute car for an average person on the go.

By on Saturday, October 22, 2016

Reason: It was hit.

Pros: "A breeze to park. Good on gas. Easy to work on."

Cons: "Not smoker/drinker friendly."

"The front end of the car kept an alignment better than most. It didn't squeeze you up like other small cars. It was good on gas. Parts were a DIY dream on how easy it was to work on the car. Lots of room under the hood. The trunk was big for a small car. Even more if you drop the back seats for cargo things. It needed a better gear ratio in the trans for on the fly acceleration. It needed a smaller turning ratio for U-turns. It slides all over the road in bad wet weather braking. The front lights could be brighter and so could the interior light. The ashtray and the cupholder and the air vent locations needed to be re-thought. In fact, let a smoker and a drinker get together for a redesign of the middle consul. The sound system and heat/air are excellent."

Runs like a champ

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Great first, safe car."

Cons: "Paint"

"This car has to many new parts to list. There is nothing wrong with this car besides the cheap, peeling GM paint that is fading. A couple dins here but the car starts and runs like a champ."

EXCELLENT CAR

By on Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pros: "Fast, reliable, economic on gas. Good engine."

Cons: "cheap materials on the interior's finishes."

"Aside of the regular maintenance, this car needs nothing. It is Fast and cheap on gas. It can makes 23 MPG in the city and 32 MPG on the highway. The only regrettable thing about this car is the low quality of the dashboard's plastics and the upholstery. Other than that is one of the best cars I ever have."

#1 underdog.

By on Monday, March 13, 2017

Pros: "Cheap to purchase, very reliable, great value."

Cons: "Dash plastics cracking even with garage kept car."

"I bought this car new after being on the dealership for 11 mos, there were 2 identical 4 dr Sedan base artic green with manual transmission and 2.2 OHV, I originally bought it for my daughter but she never took possession of it, so I kept it. Its been one reliable little car, I havent even replaced the clutch, it burns little gas (I frequently get 29 to 32 mpg) doesnt burn any oil, and takes very little maintenance to run, as a reward I have installed higher performing parts like Pace Setter headers, complete 2.5 dia. exhaust system, low restriction catalytic and muffler with 3 tip (looks totally stock), K&N filter, E3 spark plugs, Eibach anti-sway bars, synthetic oil in engine and transmission, strut towers brace, short throw shifter, drilled and slotted disc brake rotors, the car runs like a scalded dog faster than many similar cars around and Im planning to drive it until it breaks beyond my abilities to repair it or when its time to buy something newer that really catches my eye and not too expensive. Excellent Air conditioner/Heater. Dashboard plastics are cracking even that the car is kept in garage. I hate the speed limiter to 107 mph."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Cavalier near Honolulu. See local deals