2002 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 992 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

Absolutely LOVE it!!!

By on Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pros: "Always get compliments on it!!!"

"Nothing bad to say about it! Always wintered in heated garage, just use her in summer months. The best car I've ever owned. Handles beautifully!!! Absolutely love it!"

This is the perfect car

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "comfortable nice interior / exterior, good on gas"

Cons: "i prefer halo headlights"

"This car is comfortable nice interior / exterior, good on gas, it's very fast, and last but not least wont cost you an arm and a leg for insurance."

Raw power, very reliable

By on Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pros: "Power, Performance, Reliablity, Price, Style"

Cons: "Water intrusion,"

"Got my Z/28 with 64k miles has 186k, still runs very strong and very reliable. Easy and affordable to add more power. Not a car for a first time sports car owner, unless you do research on the power of these cars. You will need good rear tires as with any sports car. The rubber transmission mount will need replacment with a polyurethane or you will replace them a lot. They made the motor very hefty and the transmission is reliable just don't punish it too much, i did and do. I replaced my transmission at 75k miles, remanufactored chevy transmission still going strong after 100k on transmission. I have never failed a smog inspection and im second owner so i know this car in its life has yet to fail a smog test.With the t-top you will see water get into the interior when it rains not a big deal as not much water goes in. Affordable Muscle car, lots of fun."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I have owned this 1995 Camaro for 5 years. I bought it for 1000 dollars with over 150,000 miles on it. The 3.4L V6 is still running strong to this day with over 240,000 miles on the stock motor. Doesn't leak any fluids or hesitate in any way. Comfort is no fun at all on long trips but gets very respectful gas mileage on the highway. If you are looking for a car to last a while on a budget, I would recomend this car to you. But if you like something comfortable after a few hours on a road trip, then don't get this car."

Great Car for Summer

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Mine is 2002 V6 35TH anniversary edition w/ t-tops. So far just under 160,000 miles on it. It seems as the car has aged, the sensors tend to go out... this has happened twice. It was still under warranty when this happened. Last year, when it was 6 years old, the power steering and some other stuff had to be fixed among typical routine maintenance such as brakes, etc. The power steering plus other miscellaneous things (I think one of the things was also the rear differential?) on that one repair bill was like $2,000. It ran beautifully for about 12 months until just this week, actually... when it stalled at an intersection. This time it was the fuel pump. To have the fuel pump and the filter replaced, $1075. Mostly labor costs, as it's pretty time consuming and difficult to get to, they say. Overall, I have a sentimental attachment to this car. I love it. I think I've taken good care of it, and it's just getting to the age/mileage where stuff is tearing up on it. But now that it's been paid off, the repairs are definitely cheaper than replacing Camaro with another car and having a payment. It's a beautiful car, fun to drive. The t-tops also leaked at one point. I had the weather stripping replaced. It helps to Armor-All the weather stripping in my opinion. The trunk is weird... you have to sometimes pop the remote twice to get it to open, or it will sometimes not shut properly. I've heard other Camaro owners mention this before, so I don't think it's just my car in particular. The car sits low and is prone to scrape or 'bottom out' on certain surfaces... and you don't want to drive it in the snow. It's not terribly comfortable for passengers, especially the back seats. I love this car and have a lot of great memories with it. Fun for road trips... remove the t-tops, turn up the radio (also makes that workday commute MUCH more enjoyable)."