1999 Chevrolet Camaro

Based on 993 Ratings for the 1993 - 2002 models.

Absolutely LOVE it!!!

By on Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pros: "Always get compliments on it!!!"

"Nothing bad to say about it! Always wintered in heated garage, just use her in summer months. The best car I've ever owned. Handles beautifully!!! Absolutely love it!"

This is the perfect car

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "comfortable nice interior / exterior, good on gas"

Cons: "i prefer halo headlights"

"This car is comfortable nice interior / exterior, good on gas, it's very fast, and last but not least wont cost you an arm and a leg for insurance."

Great vehicle

By on Thursday, October 8, 2009

"I have owned this 1995 Camaro for 5 years. I bought it for 1000 dollars with over 150,000 miles on it. The 3.4L V6 is still running strong to this day with over 240,000 miles on the stock motor. Doesn't leak any fluids or hesitate in any way. Comfort is no fun at all on long trips but gets very respectful gas mileage on the highway. If you are looking for a car to last a while on a budget, I would recomend this car to you. But if you like something comfortable after a few hours on a road trip, then don't get this car."

Great Car for Summer

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

"Mine is 2002 V6 35TH anniversary edition w/ t-tops. So far just under 160,000 miles on it. It seems as the car has aged, the sensors tend to go out... this has happened twice. It was still under warranty when this happened. Last year, when it was 6 years old, the power steering and some other stuff had to be fixed among typical routine maintenance such as brakes, etc. The power steering plus other miscellaneous things (I think one of the things was also the rear differential?) on that one repair bill was like $2,000. It ran beautifully for about 12 months until just this week, actually... when it stalled at an intersection. This time it was the fuel pump. To have the fuel pump and the filter replaced, $1075. Mostly labor costs, as it's pretty time consuming and difficult to get to, they say. Overall, I have a sentimental attachment to this car. I love it. I think I've taken good care of it, and it's just getting to the age/mileage where stuff is tearing up on it. But now that it's been paid off, the repairs are definitely cheaper than replacing Camaro with another car and having a payment. It's a beautiful car, fun to drive. The t-tops also leaked at one point. I had the weather stripping replaced. It helps to Armor-All the weather stripping in my opinion. The trunk is weird... you have to sometimes pop the remote twice to get it to open, or it will sometimes not shut properly. I've heard other Camaro owners mention this before, so I don't think it's just my car in particular. The car sits low and is prone to scrape or 'bottom out' on certain surfaces... and you don't want to drive it in the snow. It's not terribly comfortable for passengers, especially the back seats. I love this car and have a lot of great memories with it. Fun for road trips... remove the t-tops, turn up the radio (also makes that workday commute MUCH more enjoyable)."

Excellent modern muscle car. No regrets owning it

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Reason: replaced with Corvette

Pros: "Raw power. Great lines. Looked fast and was."

Cons: "Plastic interior. Electrical probs. Cheap leather."

"Bought new out of dealer's inventory in late 2000. LS1 engine was the same as the Corvette at that time. Tons of power. Despite a set of 2.73 gears for highway economy it ran a respectable best of 13.44 @ 107.43mph at Sacramento Raceway. It knocked down a dependable 20 mpg in a 52 mile round trip commute. Never had a mechanical problem with this car. Some electrical issues. Failed power window motor which I replaced myself. Cracked solder joint on the Body Control Module that killed the radio and the power windows. I also repaired this myself. When I sold it last week everything still worked and it still ran very strong. Only real flaw was some bubbling on the clear coat on the black bar over the roof."