2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Consumer Reviews

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/9.6

9.8

Based on 6 Ratings for the 2017 - 2018 models.

9.8/10
    10.0/10
    10.0/10
    9.8/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

Best car Ive ever owned

By on Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Pros: "Great range, very quiet, very well built."

Cons: "No homelink."

"Love this car. I miss the homelink (garage door opener) but thats my only complaint. Ive been able to make some longer trips and been able to find Level 2 and DC Fast charging stations. There are several charging network apps for a smartphone. I was in Charleston SC last week (200 miles), went to a DC fast charger and it was being used by another Bolt EV, the only other one Ive seen on the road. Not having navigation is no problem with an Iphone and car play, just use the Apple app and plug it into the USB port and you have your map and guidance."

The Next Step in EV Evolution

By on Sunday, December 3, 2017

Pros: "Super... High Performance, Low Maintenance, Green"

Cons: "Lack of Public Charging Stations and EV Awareness"

"I have been driving vehicles for over 30 years now and the Chevrolet Bolt is the best one that I have ever owned. The Bolt handles very well on the road, highway or local. It is highly maneuverable... I am able to drive and park in congested city areas with virtually no trouble at all. The car is quick, plenty of power when needed. I have had no problems with any weather conditions encountered so far, since I have been driving it so far from April, 2017 Through November, 2017. This is the only vehicle that I have driven where I was truly aware of exceeding the EPA mileage estimates. The best mileage I have gotten so far on one charge was approximately 335 miles, with plenty to spare... No range anxiety!!! The hatch and fold-down seats increase the utility of the vehicle... you forget that it is a subcompact when your inside the vehicle. One Pedal driving option to start and stop the vehicle is great. The My Chevrolet OnStar App puts a lot of information at your fingertips as well as more control/convenience over your vehicle. In my opinion, due to the lack of charging stations, the best scenario, at this time, would be to own your own charging station if you are going to charge once a week or less often. If you are going to drive fewer than 45 miles per day round trip, you probably could get away with plugging the vehicle into a regular household outlet every day and fully recharging it before driving it again the next day. The Best of all is you get a great car that is green and clean. Monthly diagnostic vehicle reports let you know about the status of your vehicle, how efficiently you have driven it, how much you have saved and how much CO2 you avoided putting into the atmosphere. The Bolt is pricier than other subcompacts, but you are getting a highly-awarded, well-engineered and environmentally-friendly vehicle in return for the premium paid. A few more standard safety features and amenities would have been great, such as making the features in the Driver Comfort and Convenience package standard. However, my Bolt is a brand-new, first-year model, so this was expected. I am sure there will be more standard safety features and amenities in the future as well improvements made to the interior plastics. It seems that electric vehicle knowledge and understanding has been increasing along with the availability of public charging stations, which in part have made it easier for me to lease this as my only vehicle. It is important to note, the Bolt is a next generation EV; it is a big step in the right direction... for me. If the current trend continues, the EV will eventually surpass the ICE vehicle in terms of Total Cost of Ownership... which means my next vehicle will not be one that runs on gasoline."

Love This Car

By on Sunday, December 31, 2017

Pros: "Solid construction, no weight compromises"

Cons: "Turn by turn navigation only, no maps"

"This is a fabulous car. I have driven hybrid imports for 10 years and have been waiting for my first all electric. Could not be more pleased with the Bolt. Great handling, fun to drive, reasonably priced and all electric. I do not worry about range at all despite averaging 80 miles/day. 240V charging station at home provides piece of mind. Energy charges about 1/3 the cost of fueling my hybrids for the same commute. Charge twice a week overnight."

Fantastic Car

By on Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Pros: "Fun to drive, great electronics"

Cons: "no garage opener, Android Auto quirky"

"I was a previous Volt owner and traded it in on the Bolt. I have been extremely satisfied. A 240-volt charger is a MUST for this car. It has proven to be reliable and fun to drive! Only things I miss are that there is no homelink for a garage door opener. Additionally, the Android Auto is quirky and sometimes stops working. Wish there were more charging stations in the midwest!"

great car

By on Saturday, September 16, 2017

Pros: "great car"

"great car highly recommend it 120mpg saving 1000 in gas doit"

Per Page:  5 | 10