1996 Chevrolet Beretta

8.1

Based on 128 Ratings for the 1992 - 1996 models.

Awesome car

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"This car is very fast, but still gets good gas mileage. A great first vehicle. Lots of fun to work on and to drive, and very reliable."

EXCELLENT CAR!!

By on Friday, February 8, 2008

"GREAT CAR!! this was my first car, and when i got it, it already had 100,000 miles on it, and it still ran great!! They hold up very well!! I have had no major problems with mine at all!! I would reccomend this to anyone who needs a cheap car!! They are great"

By on Friday, January 18, 2008

Amazing value

By on Saturday, January 5, 2008

"I purchased this beater for 250$ and it was probably the best 250 i ever spent. I have the 2.2l with the 5 sp manual trans. It has ok acceleration (aka not fast) and gets 25+ mpg. I beat this thing and it just wont break. Of course with 191,500 on the odometer things need to be replaced. So far ive replaced the starter, alternator, water pump, radiator, head gasket, wheel bearing, brakes, and all fluids and hoses. The starter still worked when i replaced it but one of the teeth were shot so i replaced it. The water pump started to leak a little bit and i got annoyed at having to check the level all the time so i replaced it. Alternator went on a trip up north so i had to replace that in Advanced autos parking lot. Radiator started to leak so i replaced that. Headgasket started to leak a little so i figured i would fix that before it got worse and trash the motor. The rear driver wheel bearing was making noises on the highway so i also had to replace that. Brakes go on every car. Parts for this car are very cheap (water pump only 25$, calipers under $30). If i didnt know how to fix this thing i would have gotten rid of it LONG ago, but most of the problems are probably from me just beating the living you know what out of it (Its more reliable than my Acura Integra...and i baby that thing). Oh ya, it also sucks in snow. I need new tires."

saweet

By on Sunday, December 9, 2007

"I've owned two Berettas, the first one a base and the one i have now a z26. the base was really reliable, my friend owned it when he turned 16 and sold it to me when we started college. it was in rough shape with rust and everything, but it ran without even one problem (other than a replacement battery) The z26 I have now I love. its got nice ground effects to set it off, its a 5 speed manual with the quad four (GM's Dual OHC 2.3L I4 engine). it's got more HP than the 3.1 V6 and I think it runs even better. The only flaw I really have had with both of these I owned is a water leak on the floor. I know the leak is coming from a rust hole in the rocker panel because I welded it shut on my first one and it stopped the leak. I haven't got to doing that on my new one yet, but I see from research on forums that this is common for the L-body cars (like the Corsica too) and that there are several places that it could be coming from. It's not a huge problem, just have to make sure to vacuum the car if its been raining hard for a while. that's why i gave quality a 4 because of that mistake on GMs part. Overall, It's been 1 year since I've owned both these cars together, and I'm glad I have it. its kind of a rare car that not many people know of so it can turn some heads in a good way. in the 5 years total that my friend owned the Beretta, there was never any work that needed to be done other than routine things like brakes and tires. if you're looking for a somewhat sporty reliable, American made car, this one is it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Beretta near Honolulu. See local deals