2008 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 775 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

bigbangforlittlebucks

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"Purchased the vehicle as a second choice to no inventory of solid used cars. It was a Red Tag Dealer Special. The vehicle is quiet, peppy, handles well. It has great standard features for the trim (LS Hatch) level. It does not have ABS - I don't feel that a vehicle this size needs it if one is an pre-ABS, experienced, driver. I was looking for a basic vehicle with a stick shift and crank windows, AC, CD/MP3 and dual side mirrors that had a low profile for urban parking. This vehicle is a comfortable commuter with very good comfort capabilities (all manual). It does what it has to do for the price point. The vehicle is serviced by the dealership that sold me the car new, and my experience has been excellent. I had only a few minor trim defects fixed and there was no problem. Recently, I detected a slight antifreeze odor outside the vehicle after a long highway trip. The dealer service department noticed that the thermostat housing was defective and replaced the defective part (overnight). I was offered courtesy transportation to and from my home; I own other vehicles and did not require a loaner. One Caveat I have not experienced the city/highway MPG it touted on the sticker. In 32K miles, I've only gotten 26/29 respectively at best estimate. This is a little disappointing as an ex- Chevy-Toyota Nova - Geo Metro owner. If I'd known that the actual MPG would deviate from the window sticker this much, I would have purchased more car. Other than this, it's been a great little vehicle."

Fine for the price

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Responsive, stable handling, cost $10K new"

Cons: "low ground clearance"

"Multiple front wheel bearing replacements needed. Small electrical problems (flashing clock light when headlights on and it's damp; occasional other electrical anomalies, but nothing unduly serious). Small car, so scraping ground clearance for Vermont's "mud season", but lots of room to haul stuff if the back seats are folded down. Seems very stable in handling. Wide stance. Needs new tie-rod end at 100K miles. Leaking front MacPherson strut. Milage never better than 38 in summer with a light foot, highway driving, but roof rack likely why. ~ 27 mpg in winter in cold, with resisting studded snows, lots of friction, cold weather idling."

Wish they still made them !

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

"I would buy another in a heartbeat. Comfortable driving, great gas milage,good hauling ability with fold-up seats and sporty looks. Only fault...cd only, no cassette player !"

Great car!A little small but great reliability.

By on Friday, May 25, 2012

Pros: "Great mpg and reliability Safe and easyto maintain"

Cons: "Rough handling on turns and limited cargo space."

"I love this car!!My dad purchased a 2007 Aveo and recommended the car to me.My dad and I have had our Aveo's for 3yrs. and my dad had over 100,000 miles and the car ran great!I did not look up any crash test ratings.But my dad was in a head on collision(with a hatchback Aveo)and both drivers walked away with only sore shoulders.I have put thousands of highway miles on my car and love it.Cruise control works great and have never had to many troubles with maintenance though the wheel bearings gave out early.(the warranty covered them) The car is a little cramped but mpg is great and it does great in-city and on highway.Handling is a little rough on sharper turns so be careful and go slower.Again the car is small so trunk space is limited.I have 4 family members(my dad,a cousin and a aunt and uncle)who own Aveo's and they would say the same thing.The car is small, a little cramped,great mpg and reliability."

You Get What You Pay For

By on Monday, January 19, 2009

"Learned a lesson here - cheapest is not best value. Mileage is disappointing for such a small car ( I average 31 mpg city/hwy). Valve job required at 69K due to broken timing belt, a $2.1K repair job (had I replaced the belt on schedule it would have still cost $750). Performance is sluggish. Front seating is very good for a car in this class. Plenty of room for 6'+ drivers, and, seating is somewhat high, so the driver gets a good view of the road ahead. To be honest, after the above noted catastrophic repair, my Aveo is running well [but slow] at 89K miles. I hope to drive it another two years, put 120K to 140K miles on it and trash it! If you have to have a new car and only have $11K to spend the Aveo is OK, but my recommendation is that your $11K would be better spent on a two year old [better] used car with 20-30K miles. Good luck!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals