2008 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 773 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

Very dependable.

By on Saturday, May 3, 2014

"Our Aveo has been very dependable. It has averaged 35 to 37 mpg. It is not as quiet as more expensive cars. We have been very happy with it."

At first I was in Love, no longer feeling the Love

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, get up and go for such a small car."

Cons: "Maintenance, Small, backseat isn't comfortable."

"We first bought this car thinking the mileage would be good. It started out great. Then we had to replace tires like crazy. The car just doesn't drive right according to mechanics. Radiator blew in it. Mileage deteriorated quickly. It seems there is always something that needs fixed with this car. I know cars need maintenance, but this much is becoming too much. The value of the car almost makes it no worth it to fix it. After getting this car, we found out 2 years later that a carseat does not work well in this car. The middle of the backseat is higher than the rest therefore the carseat does not fit there, and to put it behind the front seats means you have to move that seat forward quite a bit making it uncomfortable for the person in the front. The backseat is really small and really only seats kids in boosters well. Must have short legs to fit back there. Loved our little Jellybean for the first year, (bought in 09'), but it's becoming too much of a problem."

bigbangforlittlebucks

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"Purchased the vehicle as a second choice to no inventory of solid used cars. It was a Red Tag Dealer Special. The vehicle is quiet, peppy, handles well. It has great standard features for the trim (LS Hatch) level. It does not have ABS - I don't feel that a vehicle this size needs it if one is an pre-ABS, experienced, driver. I was looking for a basic vehicle with a stick shift and crank windows, AC, CD/MP3 and dual side mirrors that had a low profile for urban parking. This vehicle is a comfortable commuter with very good comfort capabilities (all manual). It does what it has to do for the price point. The vehicle is serviced by the dealership that sold me the car new, and my experience has been excellent. I had only a few minor trim defects fixed and there was no problem. Recently, I detected a slight antifreeze odor outside the vehicle after a long highway trip. The dealer service department noticed that the thermostat housing was defective and replaced the defective part (overnight). I was offered courtesy transportation to and from my home; I own other vehicles and did not require a loaner. One Caveat I have not experienced the city/highway MPG it touted on the sticker. In 32K miles, I've only gotten 26/29 respectively at best estimate. This is a little disappointing as an ex- Chevy-Toyota Nova - Geo Metro owner. If I'd known that the actual MPG would deviate from the window sticker this much, I would have purchased more car. Other than this, it's been a great little vehicle."

I love my 2006 Chevy Aveo, I will not sale it!!

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Has 3 Cup holders I like them"

"I really love my 2006 Chevy Aveo, its a LS Sedan, 4Door, Manual. It was my first car With a Manual really easy to drive, I will no sale it or trade it in I love my car. It has had minor things I've had to fix but that is with most cars When you get to 100,000 Miles now it has been Running great no issues at all."

Fine for the price

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Responsive, stable handling, cost $10K new"

Cons: "low ground clearance"

"Multiple front wheel bearing replacements needed. Small electrical problems (flashing clock light when headlights on and it's damp; occasional other electrical anomalies, but nothing unduly serious). Small car, so scraping ground clearance for Vermont's "mud season", but lots of room to haul stuff if the back seats are folded down. Seems very stable in handling. Wide stance. Needs new tie-rod end at 100K miles. Leaking front MacPherson strut. Milage never better than 38 in summer with a light foot, highway driving, but roof rack likely why. ~ 27 mpg in winter in cold, with resisting studded snows, lots of friction, cold weather idling."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals