2008 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 775 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

Accident Awareness

By on Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Unfortunately recently as of yesterday my car was tottaled. I had a Chevy Aveo 2007. Ran perfect never had any problems. I loved the car because it was a great value and good quality. My parents purchased it in outlook of the safety of the vehicle. To our dismay yesterday when a car t-boned us and desecrated the passenger side of the automobile only to continue pushing it over so it landed on our drivers side, the side curtain airbags failed to show any use. Not a single airbag in our vehicle came out. Fortunately neither one of us, my mother [driver] or myself the [passenger] had any major injuries (just some scrapes and bruises from where we were hanging by the seatbelt). The car body did an ok job of holding up, yet when impacted compartments inside the vehicle also ended up broken, most likely because of the velocity of the crash. In conclusion, the car was liable and drove well, never any major complaints. I just wanted to let others know about the so called excellent 'safety' of this vehicle."

Cheap to Buy , Very Expensive to Own

By on Friday, April 6, 2012

Pros: "Cheap to Buy"

Cons: "Very expensive to own"

"We bought this car for our daughter used with 35000 miles on it . Problems include door lock parts fell apart inside door,valve cover gasket leaked into spark plugs causing misfires(dealership wanted to sell us a new head, we found an honest mechanic who fixed it). Rear brakes fell apart backing up, this locked up the drum and back plate all had to be replaced. And several thousand dollars worth of front end work done at 70000 miles . I am a chevy Man always have been but this car is an embarassment. This car was cheap to buy initially but very expensive to own."

Good Basic Transportation

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Pros: "Easy to drive, Affordable, Practical"

Cons: "Acceleration, Blind Spots, Plastic Armrest"

Just Purchased!

"Owned the car two years. Drove 20,000 mi through major snow and rain. Some long drives, four were 500 mi, and one 1,300 mi trip. Surprisingly comfortable for long trips, CC is a must. Roadibility is good in every area except acceleration, and with AC on forget it. Can pack an amazing amount of stuff if squeeze it all in carefully. Seems to have average repairs for age and mileage. Issues: 1. Huge blind spots in this car, always look twice. 2. Hard plastic armrest on door is misery. 3. Check engine light comes constantly for no reason."

Just Purchased!

Great car for a low price.

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Pros: "great price, low maintenance, fun to drive"

Cons: "only has a radio in SVM, no bells/whistles"

"I bought this car as a grad student and it fit my budget. It gets me where I need to go, which, for me right now, is exactly what I need. I am a scientist and need to haul coolers and as long as no one needs to sit in the back seat, it hauls my gear just fine! There is some room in the trunk but it's not super-spacious. I've replaced the timing belt and had to replace a wheel bearing (the latter was under warranty). I also had an issue with the door lock falling into the door recently! It was an easy fix (for the dealer), but was quite annoying. My car is a manual and at 85K, I am surprised the clutch is still in good shape. (My previous car's clutch needed to be replaced by this time, but then again I had learned how to drive stick-shift on that car...LOL). I am happy with this car overall and glad I purchased it nearly 7 years ago. I'll probably be in the market soon for a new vehicle (maybe) but happy this one has served me well. The only major complaint I have is the way the windshield is shaped. There seems to be more of a blindspot in this car than in other ones I have driven. I'm used to it, but I can see it being problematic for others."

At first I was in Love, no longer feeling the Love

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, get up and go for such a small car."

Cons: "Maintenance, Small, backseat isn't comfortable."

"We first bought this car thinking the mileage would be good. It started out great. Then we had to replace tires like crazy. The car just doesn't drive right according to mechanics. Radiator blew in it. Mileage deteriorated quickly. It seems there is always something that needs fixed with this car. I know cars need maintenance, but this much is becoming too much. The value of the car almost makes it no worth it to fix it. After getting this car, we found out 2 years later that a carseat does not work well in this car. The middle of the backseat is higher than the rest therefore the carseat does not fit there, and to put it behind the front seats means you have to move that seat forward quite a bit making it uncomfortable for the person in the front. The backseat is really small and really only seats kids in boosters well. Must have short legs to fit back there. Loved our little Jellybean for the first year, (bought in 09'), but it's becoming too much of a problem."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals