2007 Chevrolet Aveo

7.0

Based on 773 Ratings for the 2004 - 2010 models.

7.1/10
    7.1/10
    7.3/10
    7.4/10

Accident Awareness

By on Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Unfortunately recently as of yesterday my car was tottaled. I had a Chevy Aveo 2007. Ran perfect never had any problems. I loved the car because it was a great value and good quality. My parents purchased it in outlook of the safety of the vehicle. To our dismay yesterday when a car t-boned us and desecrated the passenger side of the automobile only to continue pushing it over so it landed on our drivers side, the side curtain airbags failed to show any use. Not a single airbag in our vehicle came out. Fortunately neither one of us, my mother [driver] or myself the [passenger] had any major injuries (just some scrapes and bruises from where we were hanging by the seatbelt). The car body did an ok job of holding up, yet when impacted compartments inside the vehicle also ended up broken, most likely because of the velocity of the crash. In conclusion, the car was liable and drove well, never any major complaints. I just wanted to let others know about the so called excellent 'safety' of this vehicle."

Loved it at first, Cooling to lukewarm now...

By on Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, roomy in front, price"

Cons: "repair bills adding up"

"We bought our 2006 Aveo used, it had about 65,000 miles on it from being a rental. Now, at 90,500 miles, we have had several problems. The timing belt broke. The struts went shot, and it's was $ 1,000 to fix, just had to replace the thermostat cover, it blew and left me stranded. Had to replace tires twice because of the struts, before we figured out the struts were shot. Now the motor is having issues and we are waiting to find out how much it will be to fix it this time. It started off as a very reliable car, but now it seems to be one thing after another going wrong."

Bang for your buck.

By on Saturday, October 15, 2016

Pros: "Good price, fun car to drive, reliable"

Cons: "Maintenance can be pricey, lackluster interior."

My 2004 Aveo

"I've had my 2004 Aveo for almost 5 years. I have never had any serious problems with my Aveo. I researched my car before I bought it. All that I can say to people who are interested in buying one of these is pay attention to the timing belt. If that goes, the Aveo goes. With that being said, I had mine replaced about 30,000 miles ago. I currently have approx. 140,000 miles on my Aveo. Also, I had to have my catalytic converter replaced as well. The maintenance repairs for the car tend to be more expensive compared to other vehicles. Maintenance is inevitable and the only reason I mention it here is that it can be pricey. If anything breaks, I suggest going to a junk yard for replacement parts. Moving on. The car itself is fun to drive in my opinion. I've never owned a sub-compact vehicle prior to the Aveo. It has tight handling, never feels awkward on the road, and due to the size of the vehicle is a breeze to parallel park. (Which is a plus for me personally!) My only complaint about the car is lack of power. Going up steep inclines can be a chore for the Aveo. People say this vehicle is a gas saver. Not really. I'm not saying that it doesn't get decent gas mileage, but it's not great either. For a car in the sub-compact class, it should have better gas mileage. Compared to other cars manufactured around the same time, the Aveo isn't quite as good as it's competition. The car can be found at a low price. That's why I recommend this vehicle. It is a great value. As long as you take of it, the Aveo will take care of you."

My 2004 Aveo

Good Value

By on Friday, February 15, 2013

Pros: "Good Value"

Cons: "one cup holder os round and the other is square"

"This car is a little small for me but I am taller than average I bought this car used a year ago and have not experienced any problems The only thing that i have done to the car is changed the timing belt and water pump but any four cylinder car has to have the timing belt changed between 60,000 to 100,000 miles it is normal maintenance and not very expensive to do i paid $230.00 at the dealer fun car to drive with good visibility decent handling and good gas mileage if i drive it at a constant 70 miles per hr I usually get around 38 miles per gallon in the city around 28 mpg"

Cheap to Buy , Very Expensive to Own

By on Friday, April 6, 2012

Pros: "Cheap to Buy"

Cons: "Very expensive to own"

"We bought this car for our daughter used with 35000 miles on it . Problems include door lock parts fell apart inside door,valve cover gasket leaked into spark plugs causing misfires(dealership wanted to sell us a new head, we found an honest mechanic who fixed it). Rear brakes fell apart backing up, this locked up the drum and back plate all had to be replaced. And several thousand dollars worth of front end work done at 70000 miles . I am a chevy Man always have been but this car is an embarassment. This car was cheap to buy initially but very expensive to own."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet Aveo near Honolulu. See local deals