1995 Chevrolet 3500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 194 Ratings for the 1992 - 2000 models.

Heavy duty

By on Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"This is the definition of a work truck. It will haul about anything you can fit in it. It will definatley haul more than it will stop. I filled the bed full of sand once and it hauled it just fine. The guy loading it said it weight around 5000 lbs. I don't know for sure, but it was close. It gets around 20mpg and about 18mpg pulling a heavy load. The only thing I can complain about is the PMD (pump mounted driver). It over heats way to easy and will burn itself out. When this happens, the truck will shut off like a light switch. I have driven this truck for about 100K and I have gone through 5 of these things at $65 each (used price, new about $250) I rewired the thing and let it hang over the radiatior hose so the fan will blow air on it and it hasen't failed me since. I have 320K on it and it still has all the power needed to haul what ever you want to. You CAN NOT over load it with fire wood. I tried a couple of times. You can stack it as high as you want, but it will not over load it. It will easily pull a 20,000 Lb trailer as long as you have trailor brakes. The power vs. fuel milage ratio is outstanding. The ride is a bit bumpy because the springs are so stiff. It rides alot better with about 2000 lbs in the bed. Overall, a fine heavy duty truck. You don't need to spend 30 grand or more to haul your camper or cabin cruiser boat. This will do it and get pretty good fuel milage to boot."

1994 6.5L Chevy Silverado one ton dually

By on Friday, May 16, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for 8 years. It has never broken down with the exception of a continuing PMD problem causing stalling-due to poor design-which is a quick fix, pulls anything, air conditioning and heat are exceptional. The comfort level is good in that the stero,back seat access, seat adjustments and quality of seat cushions are great-but you do feel every bump in the road due to a low wide wheel base. It is not 4 wheel drive but unless the ground is wet is fine offroad. If it is wet ground offroad it can't get out of its own way. Possibly due to tires. I can pull over 14k lbs without any sway even though it is only rated for 9600-without any strain to the deisel engine. Very tough 'worktruck' type vehicle with nice large bed. MPG is approx 10-12 with or without a loaded 24' horse trlr on it. Rides very steady and velour seats are comfy.Took an impact of an upended truck and a mustang at high speed driven into it while sitting at a stop sign and even though the front end sustained damage I walked away without broken bones. This is a truck I feel safe in. 134K miles and it still starts & runs like a new vehicle. Original everything except the PMD & just replaced the alternator this yr."

A Great Truck

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I bought this truck used w/ 131500 miles on it for $8500 from the local Chevrolet dealership's used car lot. After the usual runaround with the salesman, I managed to take home this motorized version of a draft horse. I expected some wear and tear on a '99 model truck. Boy was I suprised at the fact that everything on this former farm/ranch truck worked like it was supposed to, except for a leaking power steering hose and hydro-boost. It was in suprisingly well maintained condition for what it was. After some minor repairs, the truck was up and running like almost new. She is the best truck I've ever owned and I'm sure she'll keep running strong for a long time to come. I would recomend this truck to anyone who needed a serious work or tow vehicle or wanted a play toy for off-roading. The 2 best parts of this truck are the the solid drive-train headed up by the Vortec 454 big block, and all the room with in the beautifully dressed out interior of this massive work horse."

One of the best trucks I have had

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "handled well,power,comfort, all great"

Cons: "Turning radius could have been better"

"I used it to pull my 34ft. 5th wheel and it did not have a problem. The 454 gas engine was great.Great truck,great quality."

Best Truck Ever!!

By on Thursday, December 4, 2008

"This truck is AMAZING!! We hauled our travel trailer and our 3 quads from Modesto to Pismo. I didn't even feel the trailer behind us. It took on those hills like they were nothing. Nice and roomy for the whole family. Best truck I've owned by far!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet 3500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals