1995 Chevrolet 3500 HD Extended Cab

Based on 194 Ratings for the 1992 - 2000 models.

By on Tuesday, March 4, 2008

best truck ever

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"my father bought this new and passed it down to me almost 3 years ago. it has never let me down and i plan on driving this truck for many many more years. 6.5 diesel is the best american made truck out there!!"

Great tow rig

By on Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"I have a 2000 C3500 with the 6.5 turbo diesel and single rear wheels. There's nothing this truck won't pull. With simple upgrades to the air intake and exhaust system, this truck can compete with newer diesels at a fraction of the cost. Without a load, it rides like a stagecoach. But with a loaded trailer behind it, it smoothes out and rides like a Caddy. As long as you perform the necessary maintenance at the proper intervals, the Chevy 6.5 will run forever. I purchased this truck solely to use as a tow rig and so far I couldn't be more pleased."

Excellent Truck

By on Friday, March 21, 2008

"I bought mine new and still use it to pull my fifth wheel. It handles it with ease although it only weighs in at 8500. I've never had any trouble with anything. The 454 ci engine has performed flawlessly. It's been a great truck!!!"

Hardest working truck I have owned

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"I bought my '97 4wd 6.5TD over a Ford with identical options. This truck outpulled, out turned, and beat the heck out of the Ford on fuel mileage. Parts are rather inexpensive for a diesel and the aftermarket for the 6.5 though lacking in performance options is great for fixing any of the stalling issues the 6.5 had. I can cruise down the highway with a 14k lb. trailer at 60 and still get about 12-13 mpg, regularly in city driving with average speeds of 40-45 I pull 13-15mpg and keeping the speeds around 60 I get around 17 on the highway. Mileage may be low due to the 4.10 gear ratio (comparing to my 454 '96 K2500 at about 9towing and 12 highway). I always use it over a '97 Dodge Cummins for all heavy hauling. Problem areas PMD (pump mounted driver) failure: solved by relocation kit (homemade heatsink and cable), leaking intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, fuel lift pump, and it is constantly burning up fuel pump relays (cheap $14 replacement part? under warranty). Overall, I love the truck and with a couple of upgrades (performance ECM and turbo boost controller) it pulls almost as strong as a stock Duramax."

One of the best trucks ever owned

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pros: "a good truck"

"Haul livestock anywhere in any conditions, never let me down. Can take to the opera, the rodeo or just a pleasant drive in the country, it always does the job. Will use more fuel than your average truck but then again the selfish ignorant idiots tend to mind their driving manors and our hesitate to cut off a one ton truck pulling a 2 ton trailer. Guess they have some sense."

Heavy duty

By on Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"This is the definition of a work truck. It will haul about anything you can fit in it. It will definatley haul more than it will stop. I filled the bed full of sand once and it hauled it just fine. The guy loading it said it weight around 5000 lbs. I don't know for sure, but it was close. It gets around 20mpg and about 18mpg pulling a heavy load. The only thing I can complain about is the PMD (pump mounted driver). It over heats way to easy and will burn itself out. When this happens, the truck will shut off like a light switch. I have driven this truck for about 100K and I have gone through 5 of these things at $65 each (used price, new about $250) I rewired the thing and let it hang over the radiatior hose so the fan will blow air on it and it hasen't failed me since. I have 320K on it and it still has all the power needed to haul what ever you want to. You CAN NOT over load it with fire wood. I tried a couple of times. You can stack it as high as you want, but it will not over load it. It will easily pull a 20,000 Lb trailer as long as you have trailor brakes. The power vs. fuel milage ratio is outstanding. The ride is a bit bumpy because the springs are so stiff. It rides alot better with about 2000 lbs in the bed. Overall, a fine heavy duty truck. You don't need to spend 30 grand or more to haul your camper or cabin cruiser boat. This will do it and get pretty good fuel milage to boot."

1994 6.5L Chevy Silverado one ton dually

By on Friday, May 16, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for 8 years. It has never broken down with the exception of a continuing PMD problem causing stalling-due to poor design-which is a quick fix, pulls anything, air conditioning and heat are exceptional. The comfort level is good in that the stero,back seat access, seat adjustments and quality of seat cushions are great-but you do feel every bump in the road due to a low wide wheel base. It is not 4 wheel drive but unless the ground is wet is fine offroad. If it is wet ground offroad it can't get out of its own way. Possibly due to tires. I can pull over 14k lbs without any sway even though it is only rated for 9600-without any strain to the deisel engine. Very tough 'worktruck' type vehicle with nice large bed. MPG is approx 10-12 with or without a loaded 24' horse trlr on it. Rides very steady and velour seats are comfy.Took an impact of an upended truck and a mustang at high speed driven into it while sitting at a stop sign and even though the front end sustained damage I walked away without broken bones. This is a truck I feel safe in. 134K miles and it still starts & runs like a new vehicle. Original everything except the PMD & just replaced the alternator this yr."

A Great Truck

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"I bought this truck used w/ 131500 miles on it for $8500 from the local Chevrolet dealership's used car lot. After the usual runaround with the salesman, I managed to take home this motorized version of a draft horse. I expected some wear and tear on a '99 model truck. Boy was I suprised at the fact that everything on this former farm/ranch truck worked like it was supposed to, except for a leaking power steering hose and hydro-boost. It was in suprisingly well maintained condition for what it was. After some minor repairs, the truck was up and running like almost new. She is the best truck I've ever owned and I'm sure she'll keep running strong for a long time to come. I would recomend this truck to anyone who needed a serious work or tow vehicle or wanted a play toy for off-roading. The 2 best parts of this truck are the the solid drive-train headed up by the Vortec 454 big block, and all the room with in the beautifully dressed out interior of this massive work horse."

A good looking, great driving, hefty hauler

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "I would rather drive it than a Corvette."

Cons: "Other than its getting old, None!"

My Silverado Dually, Casper

"I bought this truck in 2004 from original owner and have put 50k on it and it still is beautiful and great dependable truck for hauling my camper and horse trailer to mountains, horse events, or shows. A new truck like it would probably be $37k. Taking care of your vechicle and respecting your property keeps your investment your pride for years."

My Silverado Dually, Casper

Best truck I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pros: "Heavy duty build."

"This is a solid truck with heavy duty build. Regular maintenance keeps it going for a looong time. The only weak item on the motor is the oil pressure sensor. I've replaced two of these in the 10 years I've owned this truck so it's not that bad. The ride is a little stiff but it rides good for a one ton truck. The load capacity is well above the one ton rating. Fuel mileage is about the same as a gas powered truck. It seems to get 16mpg loaded or unloaded. All in all it is a great truck."

Total Workhorse

By on Sunday, December 23, 2012

Pros: "towing capacity, leg room"

"I own the SRW version of this truck and I love it! The towing capacity is superb for being an older truck. The ride quality is a little stiff but thats to be expected for a one ton truck. As long as the truck is taken care of it'll take care of you."

clean

By on Monday, January 17, 2011

"Ivedriven this vehicle sinceit was bought new. Ive never had it let me down on the road.It has cold air, 2 new front tires but needs four on the rear. Right rear fender needs some repair after a tire threw a cap off an broke the fender. equipped with gooseneck hookup including the brake control. It has 87000 miles on it today after I got home from work. It has been very dependablefor me since I bought it new in jacksonville."

One of the best trucks I have had

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "handled well,power,comfort, all great"

Cons: "Turning radius could have been better"

"I used it to pull my 34ft. 5th wheel and it did not have a problem. The 454 gas engine was great.Great truck,great quality."

Very reliable

By on Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"1993 3500 6.5TD got with 65K and now has 175K without a major repair. Had 125k 10 yr. warrenty and I never used it. Only year with mechanical pump. Not great on power but will pull or haul anything and is a great over the road truck. K&N, 3" exhaust, water pump upgrade results in good but not great power. Consistantly get 15-17 empty and 13 towing 18K lbs. @45mph over Snowqalame Pass. Has never left me walking. Clearcoat still looks like new."

Best Truck Ever!!

By on Thursday, December 4, 2008

"This truck is AMAZING!! We hauled our travel trailer and our 3 quads from Modesto to Pismo. I didn't even feel the trailer behind us. It took on those hills like they were nothing. Nice and roomy for the whole family. Best truck I've owned by far!!"

love this truck

By on Sunday, September 14, 2008

"this is a work horse. always ready for what i ask of it. reliabile and i feel safe in it."

When it runs, it runs good

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Chevy made a horrible diesel engine. The fuel injectors don't last more than 15-20K then it's a very expensive repair. But overall, this truck has given me fair (but expensive) service over the past 5 yrs I've owned it. I only use it to pull my gooseneck horse trailer and to get loads of hay bales on my 16' utility trailer. And it gets 2X or better the fuel mileage that my '88 gas hog Silverado did!"

solid performer , 19 + fuel mileage [ empty] ,

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "reliability , solid torture proof trans , modern"

Cons: "brakes,gauges,power"

"thou not a power house the truck just keeps on going and going , tows 6k with out any fuss , i owned a 92' f350 diesel and believe its non turbo engine would easily pull with the chevys turbocharged 6.5, BUT the chevys extra weight [ 800+lbs more per scale ] is evident every time you drive it the trk has just a very solid feel and rides smoother , it will also easily go thru snow /ice that would leave the ford spinning wheels , the chevy sits lower which the wife likes but the ford sat higher which i like , i loved the ford f350 its international eng is bullet proof but its ford e4od transmission proved the weak point ,chevys l480e is all around a far better trans , f350 @ 100k = 2 trans , chevy @ 218k [ towing more often ] = still original trans !!! still original eng ,this truck has had its troubles but nothing that i thought was excessive for the use/abuse it has received mostly fuel inj pump [ replaced one time @ 197k]. the brakes don't feel as strong as the fords and the fords gauges where more reliable , didn't mean this to be a ford vs chevy its just the ford is closest trk i owned to compare with , id happily own either one again ! , just be more mindful of the fords tranny , the chevy states in its owners manual that its ok to tow in over drive and i have….. without mis-hap… knock on wood ."

Doesn't drive like a one ton truck

By on Sunday, April 6, 2014

Pros: "It's a blast to drive."

Cons: "Needs more cup holders"

"When I bought this vehicle, I was expecting a rough riding pickup. Once I test drove it I fell in love with the handlng and ride. Smooth like a half ton. With the 5 speed manual and 7.4L gas engine I was pleasantly surprised when I was averaging 15 mpg on the HWY and 12 city. I never have to worry if I can handle a load with this truck. It's built tough and looks good."

best trucks ever made

By on Thursday, January 1, 2009

"have to love chevy trucks. i started out with a 94 1500 that i had for 8 years with 185K and a 94 2500 suburban with 155K never had many problems with either. the suburban had the 454 which got about 12 mpg but the truck could barely pull its own weight up a hill, not sure if there was something wrong with it or not. finally sold both because i didn't need 3 trucks and had bought a 2000 3500 crew cab long bed. i got the 454 engine again and have been amazed at how well this truck handles hills and flat roads. ok gas mileage when considering how much truck you're moving, i got about 12 with single exhaust and after i put on true dual exhaust it dropped to 10, not that i care i've always owned big block v8 vehicles. only complaints i have on this truck are that chevy still used that cheap metal/plastic connector for the hose going from the engine block to heater core. easy and cheap to replace just a bad design. also for a 3500 it needs bigger brakes. there were drilled and slotted rotors on mine when i got it and it stopped fine, but when those went bad i went with regular rotors and they are warping after 3000 miles or so. i dont haul anything and even drive the truck much with high gas prices. overall i wont ever go away from chevy trucks and with regular maintenance will last a long time."

A Loyal Companion

By on Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, tough and comfortable."

Cons: "Poor fuel mileage... but hey, what can you expect?"

"No its not the most fuel efficient vehicle, no it cant pull as much as a diesel, no the turning radius is not like that of a car... However after 21 years you can still jump in, turn the key and its up and running in no time. Interior is more comfortable than most new trucks and you can beat it to death without thinking twice. Like a Rock."

KING of the road

By on Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"I have only owned this truck for a few years but had older silverado which retired on family farm @ 400k. This truck (88 454 3500 crew-dually) has practically unlimited power, I'm afraid to floor it,, for fear the throttle will stick, but have never had to. MEGA-power with the 454. I haul waste for a living and have loaded the bed full and never a problem with overloading. I have also pulled out large tree stumps with it. It reminds me of our JD 4020 when pulling.... no problems. Not sure of the weight cap. but have had 2.7 tons in bed and still handles good. The only faults I have found are the cheap plastic interior parts, the M.P.G. poor at best even when empty( 10-12 tops), and the ride when empty is bumpy. Still get lots of looks- manly eye candy. But I must say I feel like the king of the road when driving this truck. Hats off to G.M."

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Absolutely no complaints

By on Friday, November 20, 2009

"Bought in December, 1992 with 5 miles on it. Now has over 310,000 miles. Never been into the engine (7.4L). 2 alternators, 2 starters, new distributor, 1 fuel pump, and a carb rebuild. Plus 100 oil changes! Still runs great. Everything works. Ran 285,000 miles on the original spark plugs. Very comfortable to drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet 3500 HD Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals