2000 Chevrolet 3500 Crew Cab

Based on 194 Ratings for the 1992 - 2000 models.

By on Tuesday, March 4, 2008

best truck ever

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"my father bought this new and passed it down to me almost 3 years ago. it has never let me down and i plan on driving this truck for many many more years. 6.5 diesel is the best american made truck out there!!"

Great tow rig

By on Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"I have a 2000 C3500 with the 6.5 turbo diesel and single rear wheels. There's nothing this truck won't pull. With simple upgrades to the air intake and exhaust system, this truck can compete with newer diesels at a fraction of the cost. Without a load, it rides like a stagecoach. But with a loaded trailer behind it, it smoothes out and rides like a Caddy. As long as you perform the necessary maintenance at the proper intervals, the Chevy 6.5 will run forever. I purchased this truck solely to use as a tow rig and so far I couldn't be more pleased."

Excellent Truck

By on Friday, March 21, 2008

"I bought mine new and still use it to pull my fifth wheel. It handles it with ease although it only weighs in at 8500. I've never had any trouble with anything. The 454 ci engine has performed flawlessly. It's been a great truck!!!"

Hardest working truck I have owned

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"I bought my '97 4wd 6.5TD over a Ford with identical options. This truck outpulled, out turned, and beat the heck out of the Ford on fuel mileage. Parts are rather inexpensive for a diesel and the aftermarket for the 6.5 though lacking in performance options is great for fixing any of the stalling issues the 6.5 had. I can cruise down the highway with a 14k lb. trailer at 60 and still get about 12-13 mpg, regularly in city driving with average speeds of 40-45 I pull 13-15mpg and keeping the speeds around 60 I get around 17 on the highway. Mileage may be low due to the 4.10 gear ratio (comparing to my 454 '96 K2500 at about 9towing and 12 highway). I always use it over a '97 Dodge Cummins for all heavy hauling. Problem areas PMD (pump mounted driver) failure: solved by relocation kit (homemade heatsink and cable), leaking intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, fuel lift pump, and it is constantly burning up fuel pump relays (cheap $14 replacement part? under warranty). Overall, I love the truck and with a couple of upgrades (performance ECM and turbo boost controller) it pulls almost as strong as a stock Duramax."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Chevrolet 3500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals