Who’s Got Free Maintenance? Your guide to 2018-19 eligible vehicles
There are many ways to tempt you to buy a new car: the chance to one-up your friends with the latest features, that intoxicating “new car smell”, big rebates and incentives to cut your purchase price, even 0% financing. But these days many automakers have added one more: complimentary maintenance.
Most of these programs, like warranties, have time and mileage limitations, as in “2-years/24,000 miles, whichever comes first”. Unless otherwise stated, they cover 2018 and 2019 vehicles that have been purchased new from a dealer. And, of course, these programs are subject to change (or be discontinued) at any time. The best thing is to confirm that the program is still in place at the dealer when you purchase.
These programs may not seem like much, but they can be the tie-breaker between brands if you’re on the fence about which vehicle to buy. According to Alec Gutierrez, Director of Product Management at Kelley Blue Book, “if you’re cross-shopping, say, an Audi or Mercedes-Benz without free maintenance with a BMW that has free service, BMW’s plan could definitely sway you.”
Here are the automakers with complimentary maintenance programs as of September 2018.
- Alfa Romeo Covers first service, up to 10,000 miles.
- BMW BMW Ultimate Care covers scheduled maintenance for 3 years/36,000 miles (whichever comes first)-Program is non-transferable
- Buick “Experience Buick Protection” program includes the first two scheduled maintenance visits.
- Cadillac Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance covers “select” maintenance services for 3 years/36,000 miles.
- Chevrolet All 2019 vehicles get one oil and oil filter change – plus tire rotations according to the vehicle’s maintenance schedule – within the first year.
- Genesis All 2018 and later vehicles get “Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance” for 3 years or 36,000 miles. Complimentary oil changes every normally scheduled maintenance appointment thereafter.
- GMC GMC Pro Grade Protection covers two maintenance visits within 2 years or 24,000 miles.
- Jaguar Jaguar Elitecare provides the industry-longest complimentary maintenance program: all regularly scheduled maintenance for 5 years/60,000 miles.
- Jeep New Jeep buyers are enrolled in the Jeep Wave program for 24 months, which includes two oil changes and tire rotations annually.
- Lexus The first and second scheduled maintenance visits are covered, at 6 months/5,000 miles and 12 months/10,000 miles.
- Lincoln Lincoln Black Label vehicles come with 4-years/50,000-mile premium maintenance plan, covering recommended service and wear items, including complimentary pickup and delivery within 50 miles. The program also includes car washes and annual detailing. Only on Black Label vehicles
- Mini All scheduled maintenance for 3 years/36,000 miles
- Ram Ram Care on “select RAM vehicles” includes a 2-year membership in the program, which includes 4 oil changes and 4 tire rotations.
- Subaru In certain regions, Subaru offers the “Maintain the Love” program with complimentary scheduled maintenance for 2 years/24 months. Only available in certain regions, see the dealerships for specific details.
- Toyota The Toyota Care no cost maintenance plan covers 2 years/25,000 miles whichever comes first, plus 2 year/unlimited miles roadside assistance.
- Volvo Covers first three services (at 10,000, 20,000 and 30,000 miles) within the first 3 years.