2017 Cadillac XT5 Consumer Reviews

in the last
90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/8.2

7.3

Based on 18 Ratings for the 2017 - 2018 models.

6.7/10
    7.5/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Bold

By on Monday, January 8, 2018

Pros: "Bold Design, LED Lights, Comfortable, Luxurious"

Cons: "Sopranos style Cadillac dealership"

"Turned in my old 2010 Lexus RX 350 for the new 2018 Cadillac and I am pleased. We demoed the new RX but the look turns me off, the front resembling a hoover vacuum or Pontiac Aztek. They did not do a good job with the design. So we went to Cadillac as I was impressed with the new designs overall with the brand, especially the front grille and lights. We bought the XT5 Prem-Luxury at apprx 60k with the 20 inch wheels.Very impressed with the features and comfort provided. The wife loves it, as it is very pleasing for the female driver, as it is a big stable, comfortable ride. Reliability will remain to be seen but so far it is a huge upgrade to the feel compared to the Lexus. I recommend this vehicle for those with 60k to spend, definitely get the upgrades."

Comfortable and great gas mileage

By on Friday, January 5, 2018

Pros: "Comfort and Power"

Cons: "No HID headlights"

"Ive owned my XT5 for 6 months now and love it. I have over 10,000 miles on it get 28 mpg on the highway and 24 in town, for an SUV. You cant beat that. The comfort level far exceeds others in its class. There is more interior room than the Trailblazer I replaced. I have no issues with my vehicle as others seem to have had. The start/stop feature takes a little getting used to but not a problem for me. I live in the South so I really dont need to worry about the driving in the snow that some people have complained about. My XT5 came with Michelin all-season redials. If I lived up North I would replace those tires to snow tires to avoid those problems as mentioned by others. Bottom-line, I am very pleased with my purchase, (Base model) and would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for power and comfort and not one or the other. I drove many others in its class and the XT5 blows them out of the water on both ends. I may lose a little durability by not going with one of the Japanese models (Lexus, Toyota, etc..) but the power and comfort of the Cadillac far out ways that in my mind since my wife and I travel a lot and comfort and power is very important to us."

Second and Last Cadillac

By on Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Pros: "Great styling"

Cons: "Jerky drive train. Chevy ride rather than a Caddy"

"The XT5 replaced my SRX which was a disaster. Now I am finding that I am have additional issues with the XT5. Having an issue with a shake in the AWD above 60 mph. Fought for a year over the upholstery for the front seat. Vehicle has a jerky ride for a 60K plus vehicle. The transmission often cant decide which gear is appropriate for the speed you are traveling. The adaptive cruise control accelerates to quickly and brakes very hard. I hoped I would have been happier with this new version of Cadillacs crossover. Unfortunately Im not."

Nice looking, but have had issues

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Pros: "Nice styling, fun to drive"

Cons: "Poor quality and reliability to date"

"The styling and tech features of this vehicle are nice. It handles well and is fun to drive. That being said, I have had to bring my XT5 back to the dealership for service 4 times in the 6 months I've owned it and feel this vehicle is no where near worth the $53,000 I paid for it. Issues have included 2 recalls, touchscreen replacement (touch feature didn't work at all in temps below 15 degrees), howling noises in cabin in temps below 15 degrees (this is North Dakota in the winter; it's cold every day here), rattling/squeaking noises from the dash area, and a service transmission warning. I am sincerely regretting my decision to purchase this vehicle."

By on Saturday, November 19, 2016

Pros: "Looks and drive are great"

Cons: "Auto stop and gear shift should be rethought"

"It really looks nice, unfortunate you have to go all the way to platinum edition to get many features that are on mid range offerings form other luxury brands. But rides great, uses regular gas, and gets good gas milage for being of such good performance and comfort."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

cost to you. To do this, we display ads from only trusted partners.