2012 Cadillac SRX

8.1

Based on 168 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

We just purchased the car and I love it.

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

"My husband and I got this car to have something bigger than my sedan, but smaller than his Truck as we have two growing sons. This car is a great mid-size vehicle that drives well and has plenty of amenities and leg room. Totally Jazzed about our new Baby!"

My third SRX and probably my last. 2011 SRX

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "Beautiful Interior and finish."

Cons: "Low power, constantly shifting, GPS not great."

"Car shifts constantly and makes lots of noise buy no "get up and go". I also felt and heard a loud transmission bang when driving in the sport mode yesterday and worry what this may be leading up to? My two earlier SRX's were great on power, comfort and handling and was hoping to continue on with the SRX as my leases ended but thats not going to happen now. With 5 months into a 39 month lease I feel trapped and very unhappy with the lack of power. In all fairness the interior and finish are beautiful and 2 out of 3 of my cars have been upgraded performance versions."

My second SRX in three years is great

By on Sunday, September 13, 2015

Pros: "Very good price loaded and great to drive."

Cons: "Bucket seat lack of padding is only complaint."

"Just on my second SRX 3 years, I can say these SRX's are the handiest, best driving car I have owned. You sit high over the road but the automobile is not top heavy at all, corners well even at high speeds. All the extras like RainSense (automatic windshield wipers), easy to set controls with CUE and the steering wheel controls, the height of the loading area makes putting groceries into the car a breeze, no lifting and no stooping, and it feels so safe, so strong, like it is actually made from a solid piece of good steel. My single complaint is that Cadillac should have put more padding into the bucket seats. Everything else is great and that's why I got another."

Grossly Disappointed

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I have been driving foreign vehicles for 20 years. Mostly Honda and Acura. With gas prices, I wanted to stay in a luxury vehicle, but find something that accepted regular gas. Lincoln and Chrysler were out of the question. Lincoln was gawdy and Chrysler had nothing to offer. GM had Cadillac and the SRX Crossover looked sharp. The fit and finish also looked like GM was doing much better. The SRX was loaded with creature comforts and the engine sounded hot. The exhaust was "throaty." My deepest regret was not driving it more before buying it. The vehicle is totally underpowered. there is no real acceleration. The vehicle looks fast but is slow off the line or whenever you attempt to pass. The transmission constantly downshifts. It's a "dog." If you want looks, the SRX is your best choice by an American manufacturer. If you want performance, stay away from the SRX! The engineer who designed and powered this vehile should be shot. This one is on its way to Carmax! As I said, grossly disappointed."

Way Better than Yu Think

By on Saturday, July 5, 2014

Pros: "Great ride and tons of features and toys"

Cons: "Had flat tire and the 20" replacement tire is $225"

"I was shopping with my wife for a smaller crossover type SUV as we are now in our 50s and wanted something of that style for self traveling and family outings. We weren't even considering a Cadillac and were looking at Honda, Kia, Mitsubishi, etc We found once we added all the amenities we like such as AWD, Great sound system, and a must have Navigation system that all these cars ended up in the 30K+ range. One day we drove by a dealer and saw this awesome looking car (2011 SRX) out front with a 35K price tag on the window. The car was a few years old, had 22K miles, and looked brand new. The rest is history. For those that don't know, I assure you there is nothing like owning a Cadillac! This car has been awesome and we keep finding new features on it even after owning it over a year. We just love it!"

Car is flawless. One of the best I have owned.

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Good value. Lots left in this car."

Cons: "None that I know of. 3rd one I bought."

"A winner. Dealers will out bid each other."

It's a Cadillac, however, not up to previous Cads

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "a nice drive/convenient"

Cons: "NOT a good investment"

"We had an extremely bad purchase experience. In reviewing our purchase/vehicle satisfaction survey, Cadillac could not get the dealer's cooperation in responding. Having said that, I just have a bad taste, I guess. There are many options, but some are not "customer friendly". It was difficult to find the USB port, and inconveniently located. Floor mats are extremely small, not worth even having. Navigation is hard to use. Fuel economy is poorer than I anticipated. Those are the greatest disappointments. Resale/trade-in value is also poor. Apparently there's low demand for this car."

great vehicle

By on Monday, January 6, 2014

Pros: "luxury great amenities smooth ride"

Cons: "no blind spot monitoring"

"had it for 3 years its and excellent vehicle I've had no problems. it's a very comfortable vehicle and has a excellent navigation system. I will probably buy another one in the future."

Excellent and reliable.

By on Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, stylish, and great performance."

Cons: "Not a lot of storage capacity."

"I do a lot of winter driving and this vehicle is the most reliable, powerful and best equiiped , fuel efficient SUV I've owned. Much better handling and economy than my old 2004 Escalade."

Love this car!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Love everything about it."

Cons: "Price."

"The smoothest ride I have ever driven. Comfort, comfort, comfort and good gas mileage too."

Amazing vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"I bought this car after 10+ years driving a minivan. I love the handling. I love the fact I can switch to manual at the simple push of the handle. It rides relatively smoothly but is a bit more noisy than I expected. Though this is a heavy crossover, I have made lane changes and not disappointed the car behind me as I have every ability to leave them far behind with the combo horsepower/manual shifting. The attention to detail is above and beyond. I have family who drive Mercedes' getting in my car saying, "I don't have this," or, "I don't have that. What is this feature? Ooohhhh. That's so nice!" I have friends saying they want this for their next car. Overall, this is an amazing vehicle with details that make the sticker price far worth it. Some day I will be able to buy the car with two doors, two seats- one for me and one for my purse- but for now? I can drive myself and my girls around in detailed style with less abandon than other cars but have everyone comfortable and happy all the same. There is room for me, my girls, a friend or two if we squeeze and my daughter's cello- we are good to go! And the Cadillac styling makes it all the better. This is, hands down, a beautiful car."

Great Crossover

By on Friday, January 21, 2011

"I've owned my SRX for 10 months now and it has been fantastic. Great ride, fit and finish. Mileage is good for the size of the vehicle. Not as powerful as some in the class but I didn't get the Turbo as that wasn't an issue for me. It still gets lots of admiring looks and comments from friends and strangers. Great value for the money -- 10,000 to 20,000 less than comparable Japanese and German vehicles. Had a minor recall issue repaired at the dealer -- hose connection for the power steering. All around I"m extremely happy with the SRX."

rkt

By on Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"I have owned this car for 3 months, and it is by far one of the best. The ride is great, gas mileage is very good, fit and finish are great, looks are one of the best looking vehicles around, it is somewhat smaller than what I owned before(Acadia), but I wanted a smaller suv, and it is equipped with almost every option you can get. extremely quiet on the highway. backup camera is very good. Fantastic suv."

hate the imformation syster set up!

By on Sunday, August 14, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "LOUSY DASH SET UP!"

"NO KNOBS, you have to stop to do anything on the touch screen dash, don't hit the exact spot, hidden storage door opens, C/D comes out, impossible to get right fan speed for air unless you pull over! Next SUV the sister , GMC ARCADIA, they have Knobs for radio and air!"

Impressed

By on Tuesday, May 17, 2016

"First American car I have owned in over 30 years. Bought mostly Japanese vehicles: (Lexus, Acura, Infinity)in the past. On a suggestion from a friend who owns one, I took a test drive and bought it. Very impressed with the ride,, (better than imports), the build quality has been good and the regular gas feature is GREAT ! Love the design, and have many comments about how good the car looks. Would buy another one without hesitation."

Think twice before buying.

By on Monday, May 23, 2011

"I purchased a 2011 Luxury SRX last year. I give it a top rating for style, and one of the nicest interiors of the many new Cadillacs I have owned over the last 20 years, but that's about it. This car is underpowered, poor milage in City use, has a jerky transmission, and a harsh ride with seats that are too firm. Cadillac almost had it right, but took cheaper shortcuts before going in production. I'm not totally down on this car, but it has been a disappointment. It also has inherent problems with the parking sensors that there's no fix for. I've read reviews from other owners who think this is a powerful crossover and I can only wonder what they compare it to...their riding mower? I'll keep it till next year and trade for something that has some pep, a transmission that doesn't jump gears at the slightest move for speed, that doesn't jerk as it downshifts as you slow down, and most importantly isn't a gas guzzler that is nowhere near the posted 18 MPG City."

A Terrible Car

By on Friday, March 22, 2013

Pros: "Just Looks"

Cons: "See below"

"I bought this car as a temporary vehicle to tide me over for what I thought would be less than a year, and it turned out to be almost two. For looks and design I give it 10 out of 10. A nice interior, and that's where it ends. This car is drastically underpowered with a noisy engine, and a transmission that is jerky and always searching for the right gear. The ride is horrible and you feel the slightest bump. Add to that the seats that have the same comfort as a park bench. Gas mileage is very poor and under the best conditions with a light foot in city driving is about 16 MPG. I've had a lot of new Cadillacs over the years, and I have never disliked a car as much as this one. If you enjoy the ride of a 1947 Chevy pickup, you'll love this car. I traded for the new 2013 Cadillac XTS and love everything about it, so I'm not anti Cadillac. You really need to think twice about buying a 2010 or 2011 SRX, and then walk away from it. One last thought, I was loaned a 2013 SRX while my XTS was in for a minor service, and in fairness they beefed up the engine, and slightly softened the ride...not a lot, but some."

Excellent Hi-Tech Luxury Vehicle

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "Quality materials,styling, comfort and convenience"

Cons: "Back seat room and storage area good not fantastic"

"I am overall very high on my 2015 Cadillac SRX. The quality is if anything above expectations: great materials, perfect fit and finish, convenient controls. I like the CUE system - you have to learn a little, like a new smartphone, but it performs as it should - and I LOVE the 4G LTE services. OnStar is surpisingly useful too. The cons are slight. The rear seating area is not that big, but works for us. It doesn't have the storage space of a mini-van, but I knew that. And it doesn't "seem that quick" on acceleration, although when I time it, it's actually much faster than my former V-8 luxury car. It uses regular gas, and mileage has actually been better than it's EPA rating! Great value for a true luxury car and just a very nice car with the absolute latest tech and convenience features."

By on Monday, October 1, 2012

Pros: "great price, great value,"

Cons: "nothing"

"My fist luxury car. What a great decision to buy. There is not a thing I dont like about it. Sporty, stylish, great interior room, and fuel mileage is excellant on highway. Bought it used with 26K miles on it and have taken three trips two over 600 miles each and one at 300 miles. Made those drives without any problems. Got over 400 miles on the last trip on one tank of gas. Pulled a trailer back and hardley knew it was back there."

I absolutely love my Caddy

By on Monday, December 19, 2016

Pros: "Beautiful car, smooth ride, and dependable"

Cons: "Will not go in snow and the backseat is very small"

"I bought my SRX new and have absolutely loved it. The ride is smooth, features are endless, and it is a very sporty looking SUV. I wish the backseat was a bit bigger though. A pizza box won't even lay flay in the floor board in the back. My average fuel economy is 22.6. I live in the country so I don't have a lot of city driving. If I could have afforded the next model up, I definitely would have bought it. The FWD will not go in snow and the vehicle will just slide like it is on ice! I am regretting not owning an AWD anymore. Other than that, I absolutely love my Caddy."

Great car, looking for something bigger

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

I don't own this car

"Great car just wanting something bigger!"

Great ride and design.

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pros: "Great ride, well made, and great design."

Cons: "Constant shifting while driving on hilly roads."

"So far it is pretty much what I expected. I enjoy it very much. Mileage is average with 24.8 being the best on a trip. My only real complaint is the constant shifting when driving on hilly roads. The downside, I guess, of a six speed transmission. With the bright red finish and the chrome wheels, it is an eye turner."

Good Looking and Comfortable

By on Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Drove my wife nuts test driving all the major carmakers crossovers. Two adults and two teens and the shortest is 5' 11". This was the only crossover that was comfortable for all of us. Got the full loaded turbo AWD version and we are really liking it. The imports all look bland on the outside. Have just moved from an STS and in 3 years of leasing it have only seen 5 on the road. I don't own an iphone and I don't want to be driving what everyone else is."

High expectations not reached!

By on Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Pros: "Smooth ride"

Cons: "Blind spots, back seat heaters come on too easily"

"We are Cheverolet people who thought that buying a Cadillac would be a step up...only to be dissapointed in the car and the service"

Best Vehicle That I have Owned

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Pros: "Looks, Quality Finishes, Bose Sound System"

"I am 100% satisfied with this vehicle. I bought it in Sept. 2010 used, one owner with 20,700 miles. It is the "Premium" edition with every option imaginable. Like brand new and it still has a new car smell. One of the nice things is the Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance Warranty which transfers with the car to every owner. I have free oil changes, filters, cabin filters until 50,000 miles plus a 6 year 60,000 mile warranty on "everything else". I am super impressed with the quality of all the finishes and Cadillacs "excellent" service. The paint finish exceeds all other GM cars. I bought this because of its style and the Cadillac name. I have driven 2,000 miles R/T to FL and another 3,000 miles roundtrip from Charlotte to Boston to Toronto this summer. It drives and rides like a dream. It even gets EPA mileage of 24 on the highway at 75 mph."