2012 Cadillac SRX

8.0

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Great look and drive but with many flaws!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "great exterior and interior, great drive"

Cons: "electrical problems, etc..."

"I own a 2010 SRX which was purchased new. This vehicle fails in comparison to other Cadillacs I have owned (Escalade and CTS-V). The SRX is beautiful on the exterior and interior and has a very comfortable ride. I will be trading this in the next few weeks as it will soon be out of warranty. I have had numerous electrical problems and other problems, such as the rear hatch opening on its own and not closing back (this has happened 3 times now), the air conditioner blowing out heat wide open and would not turn off, the rear DVD screens have now had to be replaced twice due to overheating and turning brown from overheating. The vehicle is currently having to be repainted (under warranty) due to the paint peeling on the hood and bumper. I am very disappointed in Caddilac with this vehicle and would not recommend."

LOVE IT!

By on Saturday, October 8, 2016

Pros: "great features, comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "MPG little low, lacking a little back leg room"

"I have a 2016 Premium SRX and I love it. I have read a few reviews about the CUE system, but even though I am still learning I have found it is easiest and more convenient to just use the voice commands because the touch sliders are touchy. I love the ride, the comfort, the features, the look, I love everything but the price, and the gas mileage..wish it got just a little better MPG, but I wont complain too much since I only live 1.5 miles from my café. One of my favorite features is setting my dashboard LCD to tell me the posted speed limit so if I am somewhere I am not as familiar with the speed limits I don't end up with a ticket. AND THE SUNROOF!!"

Herky-Jerky Transmission

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, responsive, stunning appearance."

Cons: "Transmission is a disaster."

"This is a very stylish, very comfortable crossover. Unfortunately, the transmission can't figure out which gear it belongs in, and acceleration from a stop is often unpleasantly jerky. It's a good thing the car has a 5/100 power train warranty, because I'm convinced the transmission will fail long before the warranty lapses. For this reason alone, I would have purchased a Lexus RX if I could turn back the clock. I'm disappointed Cadillac. Are you listening?"

its ok but not great

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "poor mechanical quality"

"terrible transmission. shifts hard, and has locked up on me then the dealer took a week to fix due to parts availability. rough ride ! tire pressure indicator installed backwards, says rear tire is low when in fact its the front tire."

2010 SRX4 Performance Package

By on Friday, July 29, 2011

Pros: "Attractive redesign, Handling"

Cons: "Repairs, Visibility"

"We bought my wife the 2010 SRX4 AWD with the performance package. We've had it for over a year now and have put approximately 12k miles on it. POSITIVES: *Attractive exterior/interior redesign. We are in our late 20's and wouldn't have considered the previous model's station wagon look. *Fair amount of storage for a smaller vehicle. *Impressive handling, especially in the snow and on ice. *Active HID lights are great. NEGATIVES: *Shop visits for warranty repairs... (a) 3x to fix trunk that would open on it's own (b) Additional 3x to fix clock issue that resulted from trunk repair. Total of 6 dealership visits within 2 months, after the 2nd the dealership would p/u and d/o car and leave us with a loaner. NOTE: A lot of the visits could have been eliminated but the dealer insisted that the problems were related to software updates, ended up needing the computer chip replaced for each problem. *Poor visibility looking into oncoming traffic. *Can't get cooled seats as a stand alone option. *Gas mpg is fair. We avg approx 16-17 mpg for everyday driving which is mainly on back roads in the suburbs. We avg approx 21 mpg for highway driving."