2012 Cadillac SRX

8.1

Based on 168 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Owner

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"If you want a sedan but find them to hard to get into then this is the car for you. All the style of a sedan with room for us big guys. Back-up camera system the best on the market. Buy"

Herky-Jerky Transmission

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, responsive, stunning appearance."

Cons: "Transmission is a disaster."

"This is a very stylish, very comfortable crossover. Unfortunately, the transmission can't figure out which gear it belongs in, and acceleration from a stop is often unpleasantly jerky. It's a good thing the car has a 5/100 power train warranty, because I'm convinced the transmission will fail long before the warranty lapses. For this reason alone, I would have purchased a Lexus RX if I could turn back the clock. I'm disappointed Cadillac. Are you listening?"

its ok but not great

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "poor mechanical quality"

"terrible transmission. shifts hard, and has locked up on me then the dealer took a week to fix due to parts availability. rough ride ! tire pressure indicator installed backwards, says rear tire is low when in fact its the front tire."

nice riding vehicle. Handles nicely

By on Monday, December 19, 2016

Pros: "handles very nice, has good 'pep'"

Cons: "expensive, not roomy, poor factory remote start"

"I don't like the "Cue" system. A mis-understood command prompts it to ramble on and on and won't let you interrupt to give the corrected command until it's all done "rambling". Voice recognition not the best. It's hard to figure out how to save navigation set points so you can retrieve what you want. The statement that pops up once in awhile about...don't take your eyes off the road...You have to select "ok" to get it off the screen which makes you take you eyes off the road..(contradictory). Inside is too small. Occasional car seat doesn't fit in 2nd row unless front seat is all the way forward. Seats are comfortable but not much leg room in 2nd row (especially if driver-me has to have seat all the way back and I'm only 5'7"). When folding down 2nd row seats, it leaves permanent 'dents' in the leather from the seat belt buckles that stick up. Cannot fold down 2nd row when front row seat is all the way back (2nd row head rest gets in the way) Factory remote start is very poor..only about 60 yards. When mashing the gas, it revs up to 6000 RPM before shifting. Very close to red-line every time. Not sure if that's good for an engine...."

I rarely keep a car over 1 1/2 years

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "I get lots of looks while driving it."

"This one will be with me for several years. The styling, fit and finish are fantastic, good mileage, drives great, handles like a dream, just love it. People go out of their way to compliment me on it Great looking vehicle. I owned an Acadia prior to this Caddy, and as far as I am concerned, there is no comparison. Two of my friends want me to contact them when and if I decide to trade it in, as they would like to buy it"