2012 Cadillac SRX

8.0

Based on 178 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

My first and last Cadillac

By on Thursday, January 4, 2018

Pros: "Nice ride, Not lacluster V6 but pretty quick"

Cons: "Too many issues"

"My dad had a 2000 Seville DTS gave him lots of issues at 294,000 miles. After his death, we sold the car. My mum had a 1997 Cadillac 2 door SLS coupe, she got rid of it because of door issues. And what do I do? I buy a 2010 Cadillac SRX AWD Performance Edition, Black on Black. Right at the get-go I had an issue with the roof leaking. Not a slight leak, but passenger side and driver side floor boards were swimming pools after a decent Michigan rainy day. The dealer in Detroit, I initially got it from, said they were not responsible, but when I hankered on the Lemon Law, that issue was fixed in no time. It seems if you google roof leak, every SRX comes with a panoramic sunroof and in California there is an ongoing class action suit against GM for the same issue 225,000 vehicles to be exact.No recalls by GM since they do not consider it a safety issue (with all the electronics behind the dash and what water does to electrical components)Also the roof leak was fixed by GM on their 2012 model years, but any owners of the 2010-11 SRX will art some point in time get this issue. The drain pipes are too short and vibrate lose over time thus causing the leak. And GM charges a customer 413 to fix/upgrade to the new system, and shampoo and change carpets another 500. So now a week after the roof leak is fixed, I am driving home from work and the check engine light goes on. Took it to Autozone and their OBDII meter produced a P0017 code that could be either sensors or a lose timing chain. Seems also per Google, in 2009-10 GM had a bad batch of timing chains installed on their vehicles. No recalls for this either. And 3 days ago, the service airbag light came on. And around the same time with this years extreme colds in Michigan, the gear has an issue shifting out of park after 8 hrs of non-use. thank God I paid the extra for the 2 year 25,000 mile GWC Warranty, I plan on going to their preferred shop after I get out of work today. No at all happy with my Cadillac. Also be noted: For AWD owners the AWD system is a Haldex series 3 system, what they use on Audi, BMW and Volvo, so Cadillac did do right in some points."

Fast and Functional!

By on Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pros: "Well suited to most any adventure or task"

Cons: "Should have come with radar detector"

"I am a former CTS-V owner, yes, the one with 556 HP. My biggest concern was sacrificing speed, luxury and handling that I had come to enjoy, in order to get the room and function of an SUV. This crossover is truly both! Mine is the AWD Performance model and I have had zero issues with the transmission, even when pulling a low-boy trailer. Smooth and responsive is how I would describe my experience. The SRX has wonderful suspension and hugs the road much like a sportier car. The multiple options for configuring the rear, are very convenient for my work as a designer, for those trips to costco or for taking the large dog to the park (recommend the heavy duty pet cargo net accessory). This car is great looking - especially with the chrome upgrade wheels and the panoramic sunroof gives me the feeling of a convertible (without the bad hair). This car is a great value and I would encourage you to give a test drive."

Absolutely love this car

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "CUE, driver safety package"

Cons: "Not enough rear passenger room"

"This car is amazing. Driver safety package is awesome. CUE is great and easy to use. Plenty of leg room, love the extra large sun roof. Smooth ride, with plenty of cargo space. Only downside is not enough rear passenger leg room."

Great vehicle! One of my favorite cars ever owned

By on Monday, March 4, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle, fun to drive and looks great!"

Cons: "Wide support beam on each side of windshield."

"I have had a lot of cars and this is one of my all-time favorites. I bought it new and have never regretted the decision. It drives and handles great, has plenty of power and is comfortable. The only con about the vehicle is the wide support beam on each side of the windshield, which can create a blind spot if you are not aware of it. I've had no problems with any of the mechanics or electrical functions and plan to drive it for several more years."

Owner

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"If you want a sedan but find them to hard to get into then this is the car for you. All the style of a sedan with room for us big guys. Back-up camera system the best on the market. Buy"