2011 Cadillac SRX

8.0

Based on 178 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Not sure I would get this car again

By on Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pros: "Price seems fine for what you are getting"

Cons: "Computer system seems to have a mind of its own"

"We bought this car end of March 2011 and have had it in the shop several times for climate control issues which just can't seem to be resolved by our local dealer or the tech department. It is getting frustrating never knowing if you have heat or air conditioning. Beginning to think we got one of the lemons. Road handling is fine but city traffic starts and stops are jerky at best. Interior is very nice. Navigation system is fine but can be temperamental about entering destinations. Overall, I think I would think twice about getting such a luxurious CUV, opt for a less expensive one for running errands and tasks that require extra hauling space and go for the CTS or DTS for the luxury ride and feel that Cadillac usually is known for."

Special Vehicle

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"I have had a Benz SUV, two Escalades & most recently a CTS. Liked them all but this CUV in reality beats them all! I got the 2.8 Turbo 300 HP V6 and yes, it does accelerate very rapidly enough to make me smile. I have all the whistles & bells including ultra-vista roof. The sound system, when cranked-up is also really cool. Do I love this vehicle? You betcha!"

Not Worth the Money

By on Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Very disappointed. It is a good idea, but poorly executed. The 3 liter motor is very weak, not enough torque. When going up any upgrade the transmission is hunting for the right gear. The ride is harsh when going over any road bumps. I traded in my 2006 CTS for this 2010 SRX. It is too bad they did not use the 3.6 liter CTS motor, it would handle the SRX much better. The SRX is a heavy vehicle for its size and just needs a larger motor. I am going to trade mine in for a new Lexus RX350."

Excellent

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Quality and looks"

Cons: "Need extra 50 horse being turbo"

"little tough on gas since it is turbo and have to use premium gas, but it delivers smooth acceleration specially over 70 mph. Almost everything is covered under warranty. My cost to maintain is near zero out of my pocket. Unless you got lemon this car is built solid."

Great looking, comfortable and economical.

By on Monday, July 18, 2016

"I've had this car for close to two years and I love everything about it except for a few minor things. One, the radio comes on when you put the navigation system on and you have to turn it down if you don't want to listen to it. Turning it off turns off the nav system. The other is that the pop-up screen for the back-up camera sometimes takes its sweet time popping up. I've had to wait about 5 seconds for the stupid thing. The 3.0 liter engine has sufficient power for me and the 6 speed automatic shifts flawlessly and, you don't need to change the transmission oil every 30,000 miles like you do with a CTV tranny. It also runs on regular gas. My overall fuel economy according to the on-board computer is 18.4 MPG over the time I've had it. That's on par with my previous vehicles, a Toyota Sienna and Nissan Murano. It rides well and is almost as agile as the Murano but the seats are very firm. My wife complains about their hardness. All in all, this vehicle ranks among the best I've had and I would recommend it to all of you who drive sanely. If you're cruising the NJ toll roads between toll booths, it may not have the get-up-and-go you'll need. But if you're in small town America, this is the car for you."

For single folks

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Drives great! Looks good and love the navigation"

Cons: "Small interior, no spare tire (must buy option),"

"Drives great, looks good but short on rear seat space and value after purchase drops like a ton of bricks! Had this car for 6 months and needed to trade in for a larger size. Rear seat was to small to fit my kid and a passenger comfortable like you would expect a caddy to be. Lost $8,000 on the trade in, lol. If your single, go for it. Not a family car or a buyer. Lease, lease lease. Oh, and don't forget the $500 spare kit tire you need to buy unless you want to get towed like me."

Not recommended

By on Friday, March 11, 2016

Pros: "enjoyable driving experience"

Cons: "Interior cramped and hard to get into, bad mpg"

"Though the SRX performs nicely, very sturdy solidly built giving one the sense of safety. However, fuel economy is poor for this type of vehicle. Access is very poor but comfortable seating once you get seated, if you can live with the lack of space. The CUE system is not easy to use, and we are having intermittent issues with the screen blacking out. For the price there are better options out there."

Awesome vehicle

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, very functional cargo area"

Cons: "Michelin tires cannot keep up with its power."

"This by far the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned a lot of them. It has it all and the Cadillac service tops it off perfectly !!"

Love my wife's 2012 Caddy SRX AWD Crossover

By on Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pros: "Outstanding quality, ride, everything!"

Cons: "None."

"The 2012 Caddy SRX AWD Crossover vehicle is a absolute joy to drive! Very good power and fuel economy especially with the 3.6L DI V-6/6-speed Auto OD trans and a weight of 4600 pounds: I'm consistently seeing 2-3 mpg higher than the EPA ratings! The AWD is great - very sure footed and confidence inspiring. Very, very comfortable on longer drives. We've added the 20" chrome factory wheels and the optional LED tail lights (both dealer installed)which look great on the vehicle. Vehicle quality is superb all the way around, inside and out. I'd very much recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a crossover/suv type of luxury ride. Yes...Cadillac and GM are back and better than ever!"

Owned Since Dec., 2009, Never Had A Problem

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "good looks, luxury interior, uses regular gas"

Cons: "side visuals for driver not the best"

"I bought my SRX in December, 2009. Its beautiful styling is what first caught my attention. Other people, even strangers, often stop me and comment on the SRX's good looks. The luxury interior is great. It has great highway power and seems to even improve after it has been driven a few miles. Indeed, I've noticed that my SRX engine is much more responsive now than when I first bought it and I have 35,000 miles on it. I've never had a mechanical problem with my SRX. Before, I bought the SRX, I had driven three MDXs over a ten year period and my SRX easily stands up to MDX quality, but the SRX is a much better looking vehicle and cost less money."