2011 Cadillac SRX

8.1

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

LOVE IT!

By on Saturday, October 8, 2016

Pros: "great features, comfortable, fun to drive"

Cons: "MPG little low, lacking a little back leg room"

"I have a 2016 Premium SRX and I love it. I have read a few reviews about the CUE system, but even though I am still learning I have found it is easiest and more convenient to just use the voice commands because the touch sliders are touchy. I love the ride, the comfort, the features, the look, I love everything but the price, and the gas mileage..wish it got just a little better MPG, but I wont complain too much since I only live 1.5 miles from my café. One of my favorite features is setting my dashboard LCD to tell me the posted speed limit so if I am somewhere I am not as familiar with the speed limits I don't end up with a ticket. AND THE SUNROOF!!"

Total Satisfaction

By on Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"I bought this car for my wife in October 2009, the model i have is a 2010 and wow is all I can say I am not much into luxury cars but this vehicle has some nice features and a great engine that really gets me going. I am proud to own this vehicle and will always back up the name cadillac great car buy for your wife and you will be with no headaches.."

1st yr out, lots of picky things.

By on Wednesday, April 4, 2012

"Been in the shop too many times for a Cadillac. Problem still not fixed. Bearings replaced on front, inside electronics eat up battery because "shift to park" light won't go off when car is shut down. Very dissappointed in service and car."

Great look and drive but with many flaws!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "great exterior and interior, great drive"

Cons: "electrical problems, etc..."

"I own a 2010 SRX which was purchased new. This vehicle fails in comparison to other Cadillacs I have owned (Escalade and CTS-V). The SRX is beautiful on the exterior and interior and has a very comfortable ride. I will be trading this in the next few weeks as it will soon be out of warranty. I have had numerous electrical problems and other problems, such as the rear hatch opening on its own and not closing back (this has happened 3 times now), the air conditioner blowing out heat wide open and would not turn off, the rear DVD screens have now had to be replaced twice due to overheating and turning brown from overheating. The vehicle is currently having to be repainted (under warranty) due to the paint peeling on the hood and bumper. I am very disappointed in Caddilac with this vehicle and would not recommend."

2010 SRX4 Performance Package

By on Friday, July 29, 2011

Pros: "Attractive redesign, Handling"

Cons: "Repairs, Visibility"

"We bought my wife the 2010 SRX4 AWD with the performance package. We've had it for over a year now and have put approximately 12k miles on it. POSITIVES: *Attractive exterior/interior redesign. We are in our late 20's and wouldn't have considered the previous model's station wagon look. *Fair amount of storage for a smaller vehicle. *Impressive handling, especially in the snow and on ice. *Active HID lights are great. NEGATIVES: *Shop visits for warranty repairs... (a) 3x to fix trunk that would open on it's own (b) Additional 3x to fix clock issue that resulted from trunk repair. Total of 6 dealership visits within 2 months, after the 2nd the dealership would p/u and d/o car and leave us with a loaner. NOTE: A lot of the visits could have been eliminated but the dealer insisted that the problems were related to software updates, ended up needing the computer chip replaced for each problem. *Poor visibility looking into oncoming traffic. *Can't get cooled seats as a stand alone option. *Gas mpg is fair. We avg approx 16-17 mpg for everyday driving which is mainly on back roads in the suburbs. We avg approx 21 mpg for highway driving."

Great vehicle! One of my favorite cars ever owned

By on Monday, March 4, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle, fun to drive and looks great!"

Cons: "Wide support beam on each side of windshield."

"I have had a lot of cars and this is one of my all-time favorites. I bought it new and have never regretted the decision. It drives and handles great, has plenty of power and is comfortable. The only con about the vehicle is the wide support beam on each side of the windshield, which can create a blind spot if you are not aware of it. I've had no problems with any of the mechanics or electrical functions and plan to drive it for several more years."

Great looking, comfortable and economical.

By on Monday, July 18, 2016

"I've had this car for close to two years and I love everything about it except for a few minor things. One, the radio comes on when you put the navigation system on and you have to turn it down if you don't want to listen to it. Turning it off turns off the nav system. The other is that the pop-up screen for the back-up camera sometimes takes its sweet time popping up. I've had to wait about 5 seconds for the stupid thing. The 3.0 liter engine has sufficient power for me and the 6 speed automatic shifts flawlessly and, you don't need to change the transmission oil every 30,000 miles like you do with a CTV tranny. It also runs on regular gas. My overall fuel economy according to the on-board computer is 18.4 MPG over the time I've had it. That's on par with my previous vehicles, a Toyota Sienna and Nissan Murano. It rides well and is almost as agile as the Murano but the seats are very firm. My wife complains about their hardness. All in all, this vehicle ranks among the best I've had and I would recommend it to all of you who drive sanely. If you're cruising the NJ toll roads between toll booths, it may not have the get-up-and-go you'll need. But if you're in small town America, this is the car for you."

Best suv ever!

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Pros: "luxury, great power, love driving it."

"I purchased a SRX suv after owning a couple of Chevy Equinox's. They were both great vehicles and always dependable. The SRX was quite a change to luxury. It handles great, it has great pick-up & go, and well worth losing 2 mpg. The ride is extremely smooth and I love all of the extras that the premium pkg offers. Sharp car. I love it!"

Fast and Functional!

By on Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pros: "Well suited to most any adventure or task"

Cons: "Should have come with radar detector"

"I am a former CTS-V owner, yes, the one with 556 HP. My biggest concern was sacrificing speed, luxury and handling that I had come to enjoy, in order to get the room and function of an SUV. This crossover is truly both! Mine is the AWD Performance model and I have had zero issues with the transmission, even when pulling a low-boy trailer. Smooth and responsive is how I would describe my experience. The SRX has wonderful suspension and hugs the road much like a sportier car. The multiple options for configuring the rear, are very convenient for my work as a designer, for those trips to costco or for taking the large dog to the park (recommend the heavy duty pet cargo net accessory). This car is great looking - especially with the chrome upgrade wheels and the panoramic sunroof gives me the feeling of a convertible (without the bad hair). This car is a great value and I would encourage you to give a test drive."

Absolutely love this car

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "CUE, driver safety package"

Cons: "Not enough rear passenger room"

"This car is amazing. Driver safety package is awesome. CUE is great and easy to use. Plenty of leg room, love the extra large sun roof. Smooth ride, with plenty of cargo space. Only downside is not enough rear passenger leg room."

nice riding vehicle. Handles nicely

By on Monday, December 19, 2016

Pros: "handles very nice, has good 'pep'"

Cons: "expensive, not roomy, poor factory remote start"

"I don't like the "Cue" system. A mis-understood command prompts it to ramble on and on and won't let you interrupt to give the corrected command until it's all done "rambling". Voice recognition not the best. It's hard to figure out how to save navigation set points so you can retrieve what you want. The statement that pops up once in awhile about...don't take your eyes off the road...You have to select "ok" to get it off the screen which makes you take you eyes off the road..(contradictory). Inside is too small. Occasional car seat doesn't fit in 2nd row unless front seat is all the way forward. Seats are comfortable but not much leg room in 2nd row (especially if driver-me has to have seat all the way back and I'm only 5'7"). When folding down 2nd row seats, it leaves permanent 'dents' in the leather from the seat belt buckles that stick up. Cannot fold down 2nd row when front row seat is all the way back (2nd row head rest gets in the way) Factory remote start is very poor..only about 60 yards. When mashing the gas, it revs up to 6000 RPM before shifting. Very close to red-line every time. Not sure if that's good for an engine...."

Owner

By on Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"If you want a sedan but find them to hard to get into then this is the car for you. All the style of a sedan with room for us big guys. Back-up camera system the best on the market. Buy"

Herky-Jerky Transmission

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Very comfortable, responsive, stunning appearance."

Cons: "Transmission is a disaster."

"This is a very stylish, very comfortable crossover. Unfortunately, the transmission can't figure out which gear it belongs in, and acceleration from a stop is often unpleasantly jerky. It's a good thing the car has a 5/100 power train warranty, because I'm convinced the transmission will fail long before the warranty lapses. For this reason alone, I would have purchased a Lexus RX if I could turn back the clock. I'm disappointed Cadillac. Are you listening?"

its ok but not great

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

Pros: "looks good"

Cons: "poor mechanical quality"

"terrible transmission. shifts hard, and has locked up on me then the dealer took a week to fix due to parts availability. rough ride ! tire pressure indicator installed backwards, says rear tire is low when in fact its the front tire."

I rarely keep a car over 1 1/2 years

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "I get lots of looks while driving it."

"This one will be with me for several years. The styling, fit and finish are fantastic, good mileage, drives great, handles like a dream, just love it. People go out of their way to compliment me on it Great looking vehicle. I owned an Acadia prior to this Caddy, and as far as I am concerned, there is no comparison. Two of my friends want me to contact them when and if I decide to trade it in, as they would like to buy it"

So far so good

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"I am only giving the 2011 Cadillac SRX 4 Stars because I havent had it a week yet. Thus far I like the vehicle, I purchased the Luxury FWD model. So far the vehicle is really user friendly, has a great ride.. There are some parts of the interior that look like leather but arent and I don't think Cadillac should have skimped on that. But for all of the features you can't beat the price. I also looked at the Infinity FX35, BMW X3 and the Acura MDX and Cadillac seemed to be the best buy. I havent driven American in years and this is my journey back, so I truly hope Cadillac doesnt dissapoint me. I like the warranty and the free maintenance service."

tight sporty comfortable luxury crossover

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "super price , very fun to drive with all safety fe"

Cons: "they dont make ventshades for it"

"awsome trouble free car with great cutting edge styling well thought out interior fun to drive and haul kids and shopping at same time great in snow not bad on gas awd 6cyl"

Get the luxury option to enjoy. (Why a base?)

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "Luxury option features"

Cons: "Need a place for my purse"

"A wonderful car to drive and transport things. It is comfortable with all the features I like. Slightly smaller than the previous SRXs I've had, and that's OK, but gas mileage is about the same. I like the four-year warranty and the scheduled service being included."

very good

By on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Owned 6month, 9500 miles. Ride & comfort are very good, instrument panel is laid out nicely. Door lock location is poor. The primary complaint I have is transmission shifting into sport mode so easily. They should have put a detente or lockout edge. Red gearshift selector light, should be any other color but red. I constantly do a double take thinking a danger light is on. I travel many small winding roads and enjoy handling of car. Transmission shifts hard during modest acceleration. My previous vehicle was a 2007 Acadia, I prefer SRX. Gas mileage is better than expected."

The perfect little SUV!

By on Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pros: "Gorgeous, comfortable, great size"

Cons: "Gas mileage is so-so, wish it had a turbo"

"I was looking for a perfect size SUV/Crossover for a while. SRX was the winner. Beautiful design inside and outside. Very comfortable yet compact. Packed with technology that is well-thought and unintrusive. Really wish there was a hybrid version or at least turbo-charged engine option. Love it otherwise!"

Amazing car!

By on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pros: "Super high-tech"

Cons: "None yet"

I love the way it lights at night! Notice the Cadillac "glows" on the step!

"The first few days I did not really care for it and it grew on me. It is the first car I have had with a pop-up tv to see behind. When I fell all the way was the first drive at night. Mine has the sun roof and navigation and upgraded headlights and even a heated steering wheel. I highly recomend the optional headlights. The only word is amazing (like having night vition)! Car has lights under wood trim even on doors so at night a pleasent light lets the interior stay visable, even the Cadillac name on the doorstep lights-up. I love the sun roof (which I did not care about) and love the electric shade door to cover it. The car has amazing power for a V-6. Gets poor gas mileage with E-85. I also like the no key, just a box. The box just stays in your pocket at all times so no fooling-around at night. Pull the door handle and it automatically unlocks and sit down and push the button and it starts (with foot on brake). It does have a button to start it while walking-up(I don't use it). Overall the car has really impressed me!"

I love the way it lights at night! Notice the Cadillac "glows" on the step!

I love this car, so comfortable

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Great price compared to other brands in same class"

Cons: "Spare tire is an add on."

"The panoramic moon roof is to die for! Comfort, comfort, comfort. The Cadillac SRX is reliable and quiet on the road. Fits 5 passengers comfortably. Navigation system does it all."

Not sure I would get this car again

By on Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pros: "Price seems fine for what you are getting"

Cons: "Computer system seems to have a mind of its own"

"We bought this car end of March 2011 and have had it in the shop several times for climate control issues which just can't seem to be resolved by our local dealer or the tech department. It is getting frustrating never knowing if you have heat or air conditioning. Beginning to think we got one of the lemons. Road handling is fine but city traffic starts and stops are jerky at best. Interior is very nice. Navigation system is fine but can be temperamental about entering destinations. Overall, I think I would think twice about getting such a luxurious CUV, opt for a less expensive one for running errands and tasks that require extra hauling space and go for the CTS or DTS for the luxury ride and feel that Cadillac usually is known for."

Special Vehicle

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"I have had a Benz SUV, two Escalades & most recently a CTS. Liked them all but this CUV in reality beats them all! I got the 2.8 Turbo 300 HP V6 and yes, it does accelerate very rapidly enough to make me smile. I have all the whistles & bells including ultra-vista roof. The sound system, when cranked-up is also really cool. Do I love this vehicle? You betcha!"

Not Worth the Money

By on Thursday, October 7, 2010

"Very disappointed. It is a good idea, but poorly executed. The 3 liter motor is very weak, not enough torque. When going up any upgrade the transmission is hunting for the right gear. The ride is harsh when going over any road bumps. I traded in my 2006 CTS for this 2010 SRX. It is too bad they did not use the 3.6 liter CTS motor, it would handle the SRX much better. The SRX is a heavy vehicle for its size and just needs a larger motor. I am going to trade mine in for a new Lexus RX350."