2007 Cadillac SRX

7.9

Based on 316 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

car has cost more to repair than to own

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "great stereo system and dvd"

Cons: "cost too much to repair and to keep running"

"Am trading ASAP because have spent thousands trying to get this car to run like a cadillac and it still not fixed. replaced all 4 hubs- twice; replaced tires; replaced radiator; replaced water pump; replaced transfer case."

Leased one, then bought a second. Great Looks!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"We had leased an SRX in 2004. When the lease ran out we decided to get another and to buy this one. Love the looks and space. The drive train and ride beats the Lexus RX that we have by a long shot. The front and rear A/C keeps all in control of their environment. We do not have the third seat but have the storage package instead. We can carry groceries easily and conveniently. Grown-ups can actually be very comfortable in all four seating positions and a fifth can ride in the rear seats well enough. It is not a sports car but handles well enough and gets us into traffic and out of trouble with ease."

I am enjoying the luxury of this vehicle!!!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, handling, speed when needed"

Cons: "Tires are very expensive."

"I have owned this cadilac for almost 2 years now and I enjoy driving it every day.This is the first caddy that I have owned and I would buy another in a minute. The power is outstanding. When you need it to move it will get up and go when you need it to. When you kick it and the turbo comes in to play you are gone. It handles great for the size of the vehicle. The low profile of the car does not make it top heavy when making a turn. This was a great puchase."

Best car ever

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"We purchased this car used with 15,000 in 2006, we now have over 130,000 miles and have never had a mechanical issue, I can easily see this vehicle making the 200,000 mile mark without a problem! There are several instances that I can say the AWD in this vehicle saved us from real bad wheather. My wife and I are both car fanatics and are amazed how well this car has performed and out performed are other cars (honda and ford to name a couple) We usually only keep cars for two or three years or until they start to give us trouble, we want to keep this one and will attempt to double the current millage.For us this is that car that we will never forget, it always runs perfect and looks so good after a wash, it has been impossible for us to replace!"

SRX 1st Edition: Awful

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"I had lost faith in American built cars, regained it with a Ford SUV, and have completely lost it again after the purchase of the 2004 Cadillac SRX. This car has an awful, uncomfortable ride, has had multiple mechanical and electronic failures (many times the same thing breaking several times) and is generally nervewracking to drive. Having had to replace the right front blinker/fog light 3 times (@ $350/pop since the whole bumper has to be removed and it's not the bulb, it's the entire fixture), the left one once, the trunk no longer opens, the sunroof needs manual intervention to close, etc, etc, etc. I will never buy the first edition of a Cadillac car again. It didn't help that the dealer was dishonest about registering it as a "Cadillac Certified" used car, so all repairs have been out of pocket. Being the owner of a lemon flavored guinea pig is something I recommend to no one."

Great handling

By on Thursday, August 13, 2009

"I gave this car an average rating because of the poor transmission shifts. It required a TCM software upgrade and still does not down shift or up shift properly."

awful on tires

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"I really loved this vehicle until I realized that the tires cannot be rotated from front to back. I have had this car for 3 years and am ready to buy my 3rd set of tires(not including the ones that came on it). I have about 50,000 miles on it, I will NEVER buy another car without asking about being able to rotate the tires. The salesman never mentioned the info on tire rotation and I didn't know to ask--LESSON LEARNED!!"

Nothing but headache and heartache

By on Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"We got our SRX in the fall of 2007. We've gone through a battery, a new side window, and new vanity mirror all with being stranded and the joys that come with it. The vehicle has less than 25k on it and we are still upside down and will be for at least another year. There is no resell value to this vehicle. We will never buy another Cadillac- and most likely will stay away from GM all together. What a waste of money. We should have gotten a Volvo or Mercedes. The only reason I gave 2 stars was because we love the huge sunroof. Run don't walk AWAY"

Why buy German?

By on Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"I have owned Cadillac, Mercedes, Audi, Acura. Nothing delivers on comfort like the Cadillac. Not with the magnetic ride control this crossover vehicle is complete. It fast enough to have fun in, yet comfortable enough for a long family weekend. Our family loves this car and have not experience any problems so far, we have 35,000 miles on it. However, we service our cars and keep them very clean. BTW. We did have a couple of plastic cover fall off certain part of the car's interior; however it was easy to snap back in. I highly suggest a test drive of this vehicle if you are looking for a 3 row SUV. Good Luck and spirited driving."

NICE CAR

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"BEEN A GREAT CAR FEW MINOR PROBLEMS, GETS 18-19 CITY DRIVING V6 HAS GOOD POWER"