2005 Cadillac SRX

7.9

Based on 315 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Most unreliable car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"We have owned this vehicle for about a year. Had 24,000 miles on it when purchased. Has 34,000 miles on it now. In the last 6 months the car has had to be towed to the shop 6 times for starting/dead battery problem. You never know when the problem will rear it's ugly head. Cadillac has no idea what is the cause. There are at least 3 Technical Service Bullitens out on this problem and all deal with different possible causes. They are just replacing parts trying to find what might work. From researching the internet, it appears a number of other SRX's have the same problem. The vehicle handles superb and the V8 has all kinds of power. Getting the drivers seat adjusted for a 6'2" person on a long trip has been a problem. Other than the electrical problem this vehicle is a decent vehicle. Don't think I will be buying another one though."

Love It

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"My husband calls this my "Ultimate Mom Car," but truly he wants to drive it whenever he can. The car is powerful but peaceful - you don't realize how fast you're going sometimes! The Bose sound is AMAZING. Sunroof is in a class of its own. If there were any nicks, I will say that the 3rd row is really only for kids, but aren't most? Also we have the factory DVD mounted on the back of the center armrest, and it seems you might get a stiff neck from stretching down if you are watching too long. OK sacrifice to have that sunroof though. I've read reviews where people complain about the gas, but this is an American V8, let's be serious. I traded up from a Jeep Grand Cherokee and despite the fact that I did love my old car, this car's made a great impression. Any recommendations - stay away from black paint on black leather, it will get way too hot in the sun esp w/sunroof or sunshade open. I got silver w/light gray leather and it's a world of difference. That's it, if you get the car too, enjoy!"

Best Vehicle of the twenty I have owned

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "responsive, powerful, fun to drive, great value,"

Cons: "none that I have found in these years"

"If I knew that a Cadillac was this nice I would have bought one twenty years ago. The Cadillac SRX is beautiful and wonderful for traveling. The seats are large, well designed and comfortable. Even the back seats are adult sized and comfortable. The responsive, powerful vehicle rides and drives like none other. (I have owned twenty diffent vehicles, high end and low, foreign and domestic.) The bells and whistles are all functional and intelligent. I have owned three convertibles and the Cadillac panoramic sunroof is a great alternative to a convertible."

Great Ride!

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Just took my Cadillac SRX on a road trip to up state NY from MI. This car rides like a dream on a long trip. The seats are GREAT! The SRX road handling is awesome. The V6 has plenty of ponies under the hood, and the suspension handles very impressively for this type of vehicle. Drove the mountain roads around Lake Placid, NY and had PLENTY of FUN pushing the car through the curves. On the down side, fuel mileage could be better. Averaged 20MPG city/highway."

I LOVE this car, but have had too many problems!!!

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, luxury performance, BOSE, V8"

Cons: "low quality on some parts, gas mileage"

"This car rides smooth, drives great, looks beautiful and with the Northstar V8 it moves pretty well. Additionally, we have the AWD option and it has completely conquered our Alaskan winter roads without so much as a studded tire. We also love the panoroof and the great sounding bose system. With that being said...I have replaced every single wheel bearing ($300 each for the part only) and the rear end ($1700 installed). We have also had issues with the "stability control" since we got it 4 years ago and at times it will not stay idling after initial start up. A quick rev up seems to "blow it out" and then all is great for an indeterminable amount of time. We got a good deal on the car so it makes it tolerable, but for a car that ran $50,000 new, that lack of quality is ridiculous."

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"i traded a caddy sedan and this vehicle rides as good as ever, i'm very pleased with the performance and comfort. plenty of storage area too."

Super Sleeper

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Luxury Performance"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"GM finally got it right with the 2007-2009 Cadillac SRX. Especially when equipped with the Northstar V8, this luxury station wagon has few competitors. It feels and drives like a high performance sedan, albeit with lesser gas mileage. Unfortunately, GM had already poisoned its own well with the earlier (2003-2006) models, which were plagued with mechanical problems and design flaws. Ironically, most 2007-2009 models were produced with V6 rather than V8 engines, thus bringing their performance down to mortal levels. If you can find one with the V8 and AWD, grab it while you can."

Awesome when new. Outhandled my 05 saleen mustang.

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, a real looker with aftermarket rims"

Cons: "expensive repairs as mileage crests 100k."

"But...repairs can be expensive.I just replaced struts. they arent available aftermarket. cost? 200? 400? NO...keep guessing. Try $1,000 each from GM!! $500 to put on! Next up...my ABS Brake Control Module. I got smart on this one though and hit the used market. New from gm?! try $1800! i found one aftermarket for about $300. Problem is...it took 3(replacing by mail-uugh) for one to work on my car! Tech said computer would not talk to it. Still paid a couple hundred for dealer labor. I pray nothing else expensive breaks. I really like my car, the color, the interior, the ride, the ultraview roof and the third row seat, which gm deleted on the new "Saturn" model. we are mad at gm for not offer a thrid row on the new SRX or CTS wagon, which is what i call my gen SRX anyway.(2004)."

Great Buy

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I purchased my SRX 7 months ago from Car max, It had 6,000 miles on the clock. I drove over 8,000 miles across the country this summer and can honestly say this car is great, very comfortable not bad gas mileage ( 20mpg) . My wife loves the heated seats and seating comfort. The dash board protrudes into the cockpit a little too far, and I could get picky about the sunroof controls and rear wiper controls the silly glove compartment (with no light). But really the only big complaint is that after about 10,00 miles the tires started to make major road noise. Perhaps a different brand of tire will solve this. Value for $'s spent. Absolutely!"

75,000 in 3 1/2 years

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"Comfortable car to drive. Northstar engine very responsive - the reason I bought the car. We live in snow country and the AWD has always gotten me through the snow. I think the car could have more luxury creature comforts to make it more of a Cadillac and I wish the rear seats would fold flat. We live in the mountains (6000') and the car will outrun most everyone coming up the hill. I am looking for its replacement and I keep coming back to buying another one just like it, only a different color."

Great Crossover SUV!

By on Monday, September 9, 2013

Pros: "great handeling and great looks!"

Cons: "None."

"The all wheel drive is amazing in the snow. Lots of power from the 325HP North Star engine, and the 3rd row seating comes in handy occasionally."

Work truck

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Lots of space in the back-decent milage"

Cons: "Havent had to yet but probably expensive to work o"

"My 2nd SRX. Cant wait to get the new body style. Great car!!! Great work vehicle. with 3rd seat down, I carry all my inspection tools including my 12' fold up ladder with the 2nd row seat up and in place for passebgers."

High maintenance beauty

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Excellent family drive"

Cons: "High maintenance"

"The car looks great, feels great, rides great. However, shortly after we bought the vehicle, we found ourselves in and out of allignment. Soon we were replacing tires, rims, sway bar links, head lamp assemblies, power steering pump, the list seemed to go on. I have to believe that the "nickel and dime" here and there was only due to the fact that this vehicle's previous owner drove on oversalted New York state streets and highways. Everything underbody needed repairing or replacing. Every oil change was no less than $60, requiring 6 quarts of synthetic Mobil 1 brand oil. This girl seemed to slug the gas down too, with an approximately 18 gallon tank and 17 average miles per gallon. But what a luxurious drive when everything worked. Kids had DVD players with screens in each headrest, passengers rested in a powered/heated/lumbar bucket seat and 7 people fit in comfortably. When you weren't driving with full capacity, the 3rd row powered down out of sight with PLENTY of space. All in all, great car, just spendy to take care of. If I could turn back the hands of time, I would have bought brand new."

Mold Smell in Ventilation System

By on Monday, November 2, 2009

"I bought a 2005 SRX & had to trade it in due to mold smell coming thru the ventilation system & dealer couldn't find the problem. I missed my SRX and decided to give it another try after another dealer told me that Cadillac knew there was a problem and the 2008 SRX has an afterblow fan that comes on so the mold issue shouldn't happen. I've now had my vehicle 1 yr w/22,000 miles on it and the mold smell is back, there is a rattle in the driver's door, shifting not smooth in the 30-40 mph range and once again the dealer can't find the problem. I tried to do the right thing and buy American and paid a premium price to get it and got less than a premium vehicle. It's a shame. I love the engine in my SRX. It's very comfortable to drive, but I can't have my vehicle make me sick. Buyer beware!!!!"

outhandles my 05 mustang gt!

By on Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"My family loves this car. even the Lexus suv owners in the family. great styling, handling & performance. very low maintenance required. good job cadillac!"

2006 SRX is OK

By on Sunday, May 4, 2008

"Overall the SRX is adequate. Given the price and the fact that it is a Cadillac I would have expected more especially when it come to the little things, e.g. no interior rear hatch release, seat belt stationary clasp too short, no side marker lights. seats uncomfortable for long rides, third seat unusable even for pets and very little front seat "storage" space. The car handles very well. Even with the V6 it has plenty of acceleration and with AWD it corners great. I've been able to get 19-20 MPG mixed driving with AC on. Not bad for such a large vehicle."

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"I have 2005 srx bought in feb 2006 with 8000 miles. When i bought it the nav system didn't work so right off the bat it was in the shop. Right now it is in the shop because my sunroof won't close without having to hold the button down and then it shakes also they are having to replace the driver's side suspension control arms they squeak and already at 26000 miles i need new front tires. By the way tires can't be rotated front and back tires are different sizes. they say the tires on it or at least on mine are designed to only last about 25000 miles. Other than that it drives great and handles great. Went to the new car show and that is not one vehicle there i wanted that i could afford more that this one."

Love It!

By on Sunday, September 9, 2007

"I have owned three cars in the past 12 months. I love my 2006 AWD SRX. Drives like a small sports car. Yet high enough off the ground for good line of sight. Seats comfortable and a good balance between utility and performance driving. Only negatives are: MPG not very good. Wouldn't mind seeing more chrome hues on exterior. Storage bin a little small. However, I am in the market for an o7 now as I like my o6 that much."

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I have owned the SRX for over a month and bought it as a certified used vehicle from a Cadillac dealer. For the value, no car can compare to this as a certified vehicle. The comfort and quality of the ride can only be acheived by paying over $10,000 more for a similar car that is an import. This is an American car at its best. After 5 years in an Audi, I have made the right choice here and I can highly recommend this vehicle. Good Luck!"

Nice in all areas except gas mileage

By on Friday, February 7, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, quick, agile"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Bought this certified used car in 2010 with 45,000 miles on it. Timing belt jumped but I had extended warranty that covered the repair. No other problems. Now have 77,000 miles on it. Very comfortable, quick and powerful for a heavy car with a V-6 with 255 HP. Handles very well with all wheel drive. Gas mileage is poor at about 18 mpg in city and 22 mpg on highway. Overall, a very nice luxury CUV."

car has cost more to repair than to own

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "great stereo system and dvd"

Cons: "cost too much to repair and to keep running"

"Am trading ASAP because have spent thousands trying to get this car to run like a cadillac and it still not fixed. replaced all 4 hubs- twice; replaced tires; replaced radiator; replaced water pump; replaced transfer case."

Leased one, then bought a second. Great Looks!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"We had leased an SRX in 2004. When the lease ran out we decided to get another and to buy this one. Love the looks and space. The drive train and ride beats the Lexus RX that we have by a long shot. The front and rear A/C keeps all in control of their environment. We do not have the third seat but have the storage package instead. We can carry groceries easily and conveniently. Grown-ups can actually be very comfortable in all four seating positions and a fifth can ride in the rear seats well enough. It is not a sports car but handles well enough and gets us into traffic and out of trouble with ease."

I am enjoying the luxury of this vehicle!!!

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, handling, speed when needed"

Cons: "Tires are very expensive."

"I have owned this cadilac for almost 2 years now and I enjoy driving it every day.This is the first caddy that I have owned and I would buy another in a minute. The power is outstanding. When you need it to move it will get up and go when you need it to. When you kick it and the turbo comes in to play you are gone. It handles great for the size of the vehicle. The low profile of the car does not make it top heavy when making a turn. This was a great puchase."

Best car ever

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"We purchased this car used with 15,000 in 2006, we now have over 130,000 miles and have never had a mechanical issue, I can easily see this vehicle making the 200,000 mile mark without a problem! There are several instances that I can say the AWD in this vehicle saved us from real bad wheather. My wife and I are both car fanatics and are amazed how well this car has performed and out performed are other cars (honda and ford to name a couple) We usually only keep cars for two or three years or until they start to give us trouble, we want to keep this one and will attempt to double the current millage.For us this is that car that we will never forget, it always runs perfect and looks so good after a wash, it has been impossible for us to replace!"

SRX 1st Edition: Awful

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"I had lost faith in American built cars, regained it with a Ford SUV, and have completely lost it again after the purchase of the 2004 Cadillac SRX. This car has an awful, uncomfortable ride, has had multiple mechanical and electronic failures (many times the same thing breaking several times) and is generally nervewracking to drive. Having had to replace the right front blinker/fog light 3 times (@ $350/pop since the whole bumper has to be removed and it's not the bulb, it's the entire fixture), the left one once, the trunk no longer opens, the sunroof needs manual intervention to close, etc, etc, etc. I will never buy the first edition of a Cadillac car again. It didn't help that the dealer was dishonest about registering it as a "Cadillac Certified" used car, so all repairs have been out of pocket. Being the owner of a lemon flavored guinea pig is something I recommend to no one."