2006 Cadillac Escalade

Based on 263 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

great suv!

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

"handles well, great acceleration, tows incredibly. when i have a trailer hooked up you cant even feel it, the tow package push button is wonderful, just hit the button and away you go. the esv is much roomier than the standard escalade, much more room for luggage, groceries, etc. the awd is excellent in the snow, and the traction control does a great job of putting the power down no matter what the road conditions are. my next vehicle will also be a cadillac esv. the gas millage isnt the best in the world, but there must be a trade off somewhere. you cant have power and capability with out consuming a bit more fuel."

I love my car!

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Gorgeous, comfortable, classy, great hwy gas miles"

Cons: "Gas guzzler in the city..."

"Take care of it and it will take care of you. I have owned this car for 5 years and it has never let me down. It is gorgeous and very comfortable. It get great highway miles and you cannot beat the storage space. Third row is removable and 2nd row seats fold down. Would do it all over again."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"Great SUV, I've loved it. Very smooth ride, comfortable and roomy for my four kids and I (with lots of sports equipment in the back!). The sound system is great too."

Beware 4L60E

By on Monday, December 15, 2008

"We had to replace our torque converter just prior to our 4wd Escalade reaching 50,000 miles, at a cost of $1,500. The service technician informed us that this is a common problem with the Escalades. Apparently, GM matched a light duty transmission (4L60E) with the high-torque 6.0L Escalade engine and this causes premature transmission and/or torque converter failure. The technician told us we would be back for a total transmission rebuild before the Escalade reaches 80,000 miles. Apparently the sun shell gear of the 4L60E goes out earlier than normal in the Escalades, again, due to the transmission not meshing well with the 6.0L power train. If you buy a used 4wd Escalade, purchase an extended warranty to cover the transmission that will assuredly go bad."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Great SUV no matter how much gas costs, the comfort and reliabilty are exceptional, tows my car and enclosed trailer prox. 5000 lbs. with out a problem. Gas milage when towing prox. 8 mph."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Escalade near Honolulu. See local deals