2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT Consumer Reviews

EXT

By on Monday, December 22, 2008

"I have had my truck for 3 years and it NEVER has given me any trouble, its powerful, comfortable, out handles most family sedans, tows, and hauls lots of stuff in the bed. its the perfect vehicle. the only down side is my average of 12-14 city mpg, but hey that's the only down side the silver lining of that is it takes regular. I just LOVE my Truck!"

Awesome Vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"When I first got this truck I bought it for the looks. Then the more stuff I had to tow, including a 67 mustang, the better the truck got. Then even off road going up the mountain to our cabin, no struggles at all! Turn off the traction control and this luxury vehicle turns into a real truck. But I must say if you are towing stuff you definitely need the towing package. It is simply awesome!!!"

Great Vehicle with problems

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Conversion bed, ride, stereo, heated seats"

Cons: "maintenance nightmare, no trust in service"

"I really love the EXT for all the things that I bought it for. Flexibility, pulling, all wheel drive and a great ride. The upgrades from Cadillac are really nice and it will be hard going back to a regular ride. However, It does have some serious maintenance problems. I have driven 3 vehicles to 200,000 miles and had less problems mechanically with all of them combined than I have had with this vehicle in the first 50,000 miles. Steering column had to be replaced, universal joints, several axle boots, lights burning out, etc. I am now replacing the transmission due to slipping gears 3 and 4. "I can't get it out of second gear" as the song goes. It was in the shop almost every other month it seemed like the first couple of years. Service is spotty and unfortunately lives up to the bad reputation of American Auto makers. My current dealer is fabulous and I would rather go to them than just about any lower cost vendor for repairs. They do treat me right but can't say the same for others. One dealer actually fixed my leaking intake scoop with duct tape. They did it well enough that I didn't notice even though I was changing my own oil at the time. I had to pay for its replacement. I have never had this car to anyone except a Cadillac dealer since the day I bought it. I would never get this car again without a longterm warranty. The 5 yr/100k warranty currently being offered by Cadillac isn't enough. In its defense, it is great in snow and pulling a trailer, Also off road. The ride is excellent and lives up to its Cadillac emblem in lots of ways. I really do love the vehicle. Unfortunately it is sold by an American dealer and they seem to have no respect for their customer base for the most part. Things may have changed in the last several years as they are doing flex fuel and they are offering the 100k mile warranty, so at least they are willing to take responsibility for the mechanical problems. Unfortunately it is too late for the rest of us."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted