2008 Cadillac DTS

Based on 214 Ratings for the 2006 - 2011 models.

By on Saturday, December 12, 2009

"I purchased a DTS Platinum Edition with all the options about 6 months ago. It is my 5th Cadillac. It replaced a 2006 Cadillac STS with all wheel drive. I prefer the larger DTS but I was concerned about giving up some of the premium options that are not available on the DTS, such as Head-Up Instumentation. Nevertheless, I am not disappointed in this vehicle. I miss the all wheel drive, but not the miserable gas mileage. My new DTS gets about 18 MPG in the city and 24 on the road - about 20% better than the STS without sacrificing safety in wet and snowy weather. The turning radius has been drastically improved over my 2001 DTS which was my chief complaint of that car. I agree that the cup holders leave something to be desired and I'm keeping my fingers crossed regarding the electronic problems that others mention, but so far I've not had any problems. The navigation system in my new car does not have all of the features of the one in my STS, but it is dramatically easier to operate and is much more user friendly. (I don't have to get out the owner's manual in order to use it.) The front drivers head rest is actually quite uncomfortable for me, I don't understand why they didn't just keep the old style. (That's why I gave it 4 stars for comfort.) I miss the automatic emergency brake release of my 2001 and older cars. By 2009 the style is aging a bit, but it is by far the best driving and smoothest car I have ever owned. If Caddy keeps turning out reasonably priced cars at every level (from CTS to Escalade), they just might be able to save GM from insolvency."

Great car

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"The DTS is probably the best car I ever owned. The only shortcoming is the headroom if you have the moon roof. I'm tall so the ceiling seems a bit low. The car has lots of power and very quiet cabin. Another nice benefit is it doesn't look like all the Japanese and German cars out there. It has a unique style and ride."

Best Automobile I have ever driven or owned

By on Sunday, March 15, 2009

"In 40 plus years of owning many cars, this is by far the best I have ever owned or driven, including much more expensive European vehicles. The handling, reliability, comfort really have set this car apart. After 60,000 mi on it, the only work that it has needed is regular maintaince and tires. Just can't say enough about this car. I will certainly buy another and highly recommend it."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I have had this car for 2 years. I don't drive much but it is very comfortable to ride in & has great power when you need it. Also takes regular gas & gets decent gas mileage."

Last of the big ones

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "this vehicle is in storage 7 months out of every y"

Cons: "no warrenty"

"This car is in excellent condition. It is garaged 7 months out of each year. It has been serviced since purchased by the dealer I bought it from. All new tires (Michilen) put on at 34,000miles. Will answer any and all inquires."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac DTS near Honolulu. See local deals