2006 Cadillac CTS

Based on 498 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Expensive to maintain

By on Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"A lot of little things go wrong with the CTS, battery (no after market) $150.00 at dealership. Turn signals, running lights burn out quicker that most vehicles, expensive to get replacements. Air bag lights comes on, caused by the seatbelt connection....$175.00 to repair and the list goes on. Nice car but repair bills are way over the top just because it has the Cadillac emblem on the front. Depriciated quicker than advised when I bought the car so I am unable to trade it without a lot of cash."

Really glad I bought a certified pre owned

By on Monday, October 4, 2010

"I bought a 2007 CTS in November of 2009. I've had the car now just under a year. In that time frame I have had both driver and passenger front seats stop working, driver side rear passenger door handle brake and the main engine wiring harness replaced do to corroded wires. Along with that the windshield washer hose that leads to the nozzles is probably one of the worst designs I have ever seen. The hose comes out of place on a regular basis. It runs up under the hood of the car and is simply pushed into place. My glove box broke as well. I suggest to anyone interested in buying a Cadillac to make sure it has a warranty that covers everything, such as a certified pre owned. I'm looking to trade mine in soon. Sad thing is that it only has 32,000 miles."

By on Sunday, October 3, 2010

"Bought this 2003 CTS used from someone who was buying from auctions, and wholesaling to the public. The car was PRISTINE when we bought it even though it had 77000 miles on it. The only problems we have had so far (102000 miles now) are simple parts such as door lock and trunk release, plus the multi-cd kept jamming up, and was replaced with a single cd unit. Otherwise the car has been a great, fun car to drive! I will buy another CTS when I am done with this one. I suspect that I will have this one for some time yet, since it has been very well maintained by the previous owner."

Disappointed

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"When I bought my 2006 CTS, I was very excited. Unfortunately within the first 6mos, the rear dif went out (the first time) and I had to replace the tires. I was told then to count on replacing tires every 20000 miles regardless of what type of tires I put on because of the sport suspension. That has held true -- I'm constantly replacing tires. Also, it eats oil. I put in a quart every 500 miles or so. I was told that was normal for this car by the dealer. While I like the loaner car whenever I bring the CTS into the dealer, I would just as soon not have to be there so often. Just be aware that the cost of this car is high. I love the interior and sound system, but it's not enought to make up for the headaches."

Great

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"For many years I thought the Caddi was just "My Fathers Car", but this one has changed my mind forever. Just love this car. A balance of style, comfort and performance. I was a "Jag" man but now I am chnging my nickname to Caddiman!"