2004 Cadillac CTS

Based on 497 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

Disappointed

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"When I bought my 2006 CTS, I was very excited. Unfortunately within the first 6mos, the rear dif went out (the first time) and I had to replace the tires. I was told then to count on replacing tires every 20000 miles regardless of what type of tires I put on because of the sport suspension. That has held true -- I'm constantly replacing tires. Also, it eats oil. I put in a quart every 500 miles or so. I was told that was normal for this car by the dealer. While I like the loaner car whenever I bring the CTS into the dealer, I would just as soon not have to be there so often. Just be aware that the cost of this car is high. I love the interior and sound system, but it's not enought to make up for the headaches."

great car... electrical system problems and gasket

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"Great driving car; original owner. ordered it with a 5 speed manual. Freeway miles just roll by. Very comfortable to drive. However, electrical problems keep coming up. Power doors locks, display panel. GM at first kept replacing but washing hands of it now. Parts at time are hand to find. Main brake lines are no longer available( was redesigned six months into production). Had to replace a internal transmission gasket which was leaking and I was waiting in line with other CTS owners with the same problem."

The Beamer Killer

By on Monday, September 14, 2009

"By now you've probably read the reviews and checked out the videos on YouTube. (You got to check out Cadillac CTS vs. Audi Quattro on BBC's "Top Gear"). I'm a former 325 owner (which I loved at the time) and have now had my '04 CTS for over 3 years. I purchased it slightly used from Carmax. I have 80k on it and still love driving it every day. Though the gearbox has been a bit clunky from day one, the entire vehicle has been very reliable and the performance never gets old. Remarkably the average mileage is over 20 for combined city/highway driving. Love the interior with the exception of the cheap buttons on the console...the plastic radio buttons tend to flake. And very tall people tend to look a bit scrunched up in the passengers seat. Also a small nuisance is the gas guage...if it indicates low, you need to stop and get gas within 25 miles or you'll be stuck on the side of the road (happened to me twice)! Overall, exhilerating driving experience and I still get complments all the time about it's sharp profile & performance even though this car is 5 years old now...and this with 2 baby chairs in the back!"

The CTS Rocks!

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"The Sport handling package includes Xenon HID headlights, and makes seeing at night much easier. Braking is the best, great turning radius, easy to park. Fit and finish seem perfect to me. Great power when needed, and if you are paying attention to your driving habits, mileage is fantastic too. Navigation, XM Radio, memory seats - my dream car. From a late 50's woman driver: This car is so much fun to drive there should almost be "a law against it"! I can't wait to get in it and drive every day. Corners like it's on rails - the most fun car I've had since my new 1974 260Z. Cadillac Certified 6 yr./100,000 mi. warranty is great, and I have the best dealer and service dept. No complaints at all about reliability at 23,000 mi. I wish I owned two!"

Who designed this car?

By on Sunday, October 28, 2007

"I have the basic CTS with the 2.6 v6. I bought it new in 2002. It is an 03. I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. Let's see, sensors in 3 of the four wheel had to be replaced. The truck cover on the back up lights leaked, filled with water, had to be replaced. The left stop light quit working. The carbon covers on the headlights had to be replaced. Both rear windows fell into the doors and had to be replaced. The seat belt assembly on the drivers side had to be replaced. The analog clock was fifteen minutes slow for the first 4.5 years I owned it, even though it was worked on over and over. The battery went dead. The trunk pressurized supports had to be replaced. The motors computer module had to be replaced. Oh, did I mention the car ONLY HAS 40,000 miles on it. GM wonders why no one want to buy American. Kick out all the big 3 and start changing their factories over to the imports. As of 10/07 its going back in the shop, the engine is dieing at idle when I come to a stop at the red light. Being honked at is not a pleasure I look foward to"

M5 on a budget

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"So you think quality, sexy cars aren't built in America? Think again! Bold styling that you either love or hate, it may be, but GM can and do get it right! Want quality, awesome brute power with drivig poise and luxury to carry 5 at a realtively affordable price? This will be the the car for you. The V's discreet yet aggresive road presence, won't attract every State trooper so makes for the ultimate Q car. Put on stickier rubber and this car will outpace cars that would cost you more than 20-30K more. If you set your heart on the performance of an M5 or and AMG Mercedes do yourself a favor, test drive a CTS-V, you wont be disappointed."

LOOKING TO BUY A NEW CAR ???

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "A SPORTS CAR AND LUXERY CAR COMBINED"

Cons: "MY WIFE WON'T LET ME DRVE IT."

"I WAS LOOKING TO BY A NEW CAR AND TRADE IN MY CADDY BUT TO BE HONEST I COULD NOT FIND ONE TO REPLACE IT. I'VE HAD IT FOR 4 YEARS AND HAVE HAD NOHITHING GO WRONG. OIL CHANGE AND FILL UP THE TANK AND YOU READY TO GO. HANDLES GREAT IN SNOW, ICE AND RAIN. IT HUGS THE ROAD IN TURNS AND HAS GREAT EXCELLERATION. IT'S A SPORT CAR AND LUXERY CAR COMBINED. IF YOU NOTICE THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM ON THE ROAD AND THAT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF."

Never again!

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Wow! The 2004 CTS is terrible. I go through 1 qt of oil every 1,000 miles. Its in the shop every 3 - 5 weeks. If you are thinking about getting it, BUY NEW THAN 2005. 2006 is a new engine."

looks great, needs work

By on Monday, November 22, 2010

"Story of our life with this car - every 6 months or so the car won't start, and it costs $1500. First, it was the timing chain, which, thank God, was under warranty. Then, it was the spark plugs... seriously - $1500 for spark plugs?! Sure, when they basically have to pull the engine out! Again today - starter. It's a great car - I LOVE to drive it, and when it starts, I LOVE this car. In one year, we'll have spent (after today) almost $5000 in repairs. Try again, GM!"

Worst Cadillac of 9!

By on Monday, September 20, 2010

"I purchased a GM Certified used 2007 CTS 4 months ago with 15500 miles from a local Cadillac dealership. I would trade it today if I wouldn't loose my tail! I had the car 2 weeks and the car started chugging,the torque converter was replaced. The windshield trim was warping at the same time and it was replaced. I took the car back 3 weeks ago because the car was chugging again. This time I was told, it is operating normal. Also, the windshield trim has deteriorated again and needed replaced, as well as the passenger door handle ( nationwide back order). This is the worst Cadillac that I have ever had! I have had 8 prior to this one. I traded a 2004 Deville for this CTS and I wish that I had it back. I would not suggest to anyone that they purchase a CTS. A nice looking car,but built cheap!"

worth the value

By on Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"style,comfort, smooth acceleration all in one."

Great car

By on Monday, May 26, 2008

"Owned the 2005 for 2 years great car. The 3.6 liter with sports package. Gets a little light on the tailend when pushing it but stablitrac kicks in. Great ride, flys when you want to. Handles good.(like I said the tail gets light) I get about 18 MPG mostly city so I am saying goobye to a great car. Milage is good for a car like this 25 hwy 18 around town. Never had any issue with the car just change the mobil one oil when it's due and it will treat you right. Oh well back to an econo box for me Just need better milage these days."

CTS 3.6L 18"wheel sport appearance pkg

By on Monday, February 25, 2008

"My car is now 2 years old with 36,000 miles. 85% highway mileage. Just now replacing the original Bridgestone Potenza 225/50ZR 18 tires. Oil change about every 12,000 miles. Zero repairs. No paint chips on Raven Black finish. Bose sound system great. 27+ miles to the gallon if I keep it at 68 MPH on the cruise control ( I slowed down to go green). Looks great with tail fin and 12 spoke chrome weel sport package. Hope Motor Trend 2007 selection of 2008 model as Car Of The Year will prop up my resale value."

Nice Car

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"I purchased my used 2003 cts in 2006 with 69,000 miles on it for $12,000. It currently has 85,000 miles on it and I have not had to do any maintaince (other than oil changes) The handling is great the styling is nice (added 18" chrome rims big differance in looks) and it is comfortable. The power is adequate, the console display is somewhat frustrating. All in all very nice car and will purchase a used 2008 in a couple of more years,(let some one else take the hit on depreciation)"

Sooooo Fast

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"My 2005 CTS-V Is the fastest car I have ever owned. The car handles extremely well in a stiff racing fashion. I ditched the run flat tires at 5000 miles (well they were shot) as the rigid sidewalls made the ride bone jarring. It is still not a good family long distance cruiser but it is an absolute pleasure to drive. The cooling system is poor in Northern California so I would guess it would be a terminal fault in a hot climate. I love looking at the car and a run up the California coast on highway one is a peak driving experience. A good value in the 400 horsepower class of luxury sedans"

Great Little Cad

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"The only concern is the size for four people. The rear seat would be a "little" small for four "grown" adults. Other than that it is a great car; value; style, ride and on trips we get around 25-26 mpg."

great performance sedan

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"The CTS-V is a phenomenal piece of engineering from the cadillac division. My V will do the quarter mile in the 13.1's, but when it is cool it will go under the 13 second mark. It will outperform most "sports cars' and almost all euro sport sedans as well. What Cadillac has done is nothing short of an awesome feat, and they should be applauded for their tremendous effort. They combine elegance and performance, true performance, for a very reasonable price. I can't wait for the LS7 in the V....then it can sit by my '06 Z06 with it's own LS7"

2006 CTS

By on Friday, June 15, 2007

"I've had the car for a month now and I love it to death. The ride is like driving on clouds and the 2.8L has enough get up and go to get the job done. I'm 6 "3" and I have enough leg room to keep me not feeling cramped. For right now, I have only possitive things to say about the car. Lets hope it stays that way."

By on Friday, April 6, 2007

Very reliable. Have had no major problems with it.

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Good car, love to drive it."

Cons: "Have no cons."

"I enjoy this car, it looks good, is easy to drive and it handles well. Plus it hasn't given me any major problems. any problems."

Luxury

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "nice riding"

Cons: "Air bag not operating"

"Right front airbag needs repair"

You Know It's a Cadillac !!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "every thing"

Cons: "Price"

"I love the CTS! it is truely a 30something's Cadillac. This is not your granddaddy's Cadillac. Sporty, fun to drive and a head turner. This is my first Cadillac and I was shocked at the status level it puts you in when you own a cadillac. Maintainance is more affordable than I thought."

bought used , great car for the money.

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "great drive, fine finish every thing fits,"

Cons: "no light in glove box. sometimes harsh ride."

"bought used 3 years old 12000 miles, still appeared new. now has 26500 miles no fixes needed. car is fast and handles well for a sedan. good road manners. mfg left some small items off, no light in glove box , or under hood."

The best car I ever owned

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Great power, Comfort, handling and cup holders"

Cons: "Wheel hop, rear end failures, weak motor mounts"

"I have owned many FAST vehicles in my life and this one is the best. I probably should have waited a year or two for the flaws to get out, however things like rear end and motor mount failures still loom, they were replaced under warranty. Overall, this car is a modern musule car with all the modern technoligy. It also has modern comfort such as heated seats and dvd, cd and Bose Stereo. Not quite as fast as my GMC Syclone in a short sprint, It has much higher top end and handles like a race car should. The gas mileage is over 25 MPG on the open road. Only around 14 around town. I use it mostly for trips."

great car

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "speed-engine-6speed-burnouts-rearwheeldrive-"

Cons: "wish the plastics inside were comfy leather"

"i love my cts-v!!!! i feel like i can go against any car on road and my car will perform well while in with the comfort and the luxury of a cadillac. sporty looking but not raced out, you can still blend in well on the road. But real car people will know what your pushing once they see the "v" emblem."