1998 Cadillac Catera

5.9

Based on 229 Ratings for the 1997 - 2001 models.

6.0/10
    6.3/10
    5.9/10
    6.9/10
    7.3/10

OKAY

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"This vechile was purchased with 72000 miles. I bought the vechile about 4yrs ago and since have put over $5000 of work into the car. My main problem is the alternator (which don't ever buy non cadillac parts) cause it caused my engine to through a cyclinder and I still ended up buying the cadillac alternator after the cheap one did $3000.00 worth of damage. I also have had problem with people putting noe enough oil in the car since it holds six quarts and had to replace my cooling system due to the wrong antifreeze eating all the hoses. The car now has 160000 miles on it and for the price I paid it has been an okay car to purchase. I would not buy one again though cause if something does break it is to expensive to fix."

fair vehicle to own

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"the catera get good gas milage and it is comfortable,mine has been quite reliable rather expensive to repair/maintain, handles well...brakepad replacement is somewhat of a problem"

GREAT car would buy another

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I bought this car in 2001. It was a 1998 only had 56k in miles. I have had no major repairs done to this car. I have to replace a valve 2 times since i bought the car. The valve is made of plastic and does crack other than regular maintance i have had the best car for the money i paid for it. The car has got the best power w/the turbo on it you can not get a better car thats as fast as the Caddy when you kick in the turbo and not even a sport car. I would tell anyone whom is looking for a family car and have the chance to get it to buy it they will not be disappointed they did. If GMC still made them i would trade mine in for a new one. I have had the car for 9 years and i hope i can get another 9 years out of it. I have everything in it that a towncar has in it but mine is and was alot cheaper and to me better looking"

Awesome Car........

By on Saturday, August 14, 2010

"I have owned this car since 1997, runs excellant..... Have only done regular maintance with no major issues. The car is fast..........you step on the gas and it goes like a sports car and handles like one. I live in Maine and it is great in the snow too........ But what else would you expect from a Caddy.........."

Don't Do It!

By on Thursday, November 19, 2009

"I have to add to the chorus of bad reviews - DO NOT buy this car! I have a 2001 that I bought in 2004 with 30K miles. I have since paid the purchase price in repairs. It's a money pit and I see no end to it. Aside from the major repairs already done, the stereo/radio shuts off randomly for 1-5 minutes at a time, the gas cap cover doesn't work properly, a/c no longer works, intermittent wipers work for only a few minutes until stopping, in cold weather you can't get the gear shift out of "Park" until the car warms up..and on and on. It's comfy and spiffy-looking, but stay away from this nightmare!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Cadillac Catera near Honolulu. See local deals