2012 Buick Verano

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2012 - 2017 models.

Great daily driver

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "performance, comfort, mileage, leather"

Cons: "No exterior trunk release, auto shift transmission"

"I bought this car after putting 130K on my SRT-4. I needed a car for work related travel without losing my soul to a boring sedan. This one hit the mark perfectly. the turbo pulls it great and the engineers seem to have found the sweet spot for comfort and performance. I get better mileage than listed and I don't drive slowly... I wanted to buy an American car, but didn't rule out anything. I am very happy with this car!"

Very Happy!

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, zippy, handles great, front leg room"

Cons: "rear leg room, cloth/vinyl seats, climate settings"

"I have had my Verano for a little over a year. We bought it in summer (fitting given it's name) and I drove it through it's first winter here in Michigan. It handled and handles amazingly in rain, snow, and shine. It is really nice for 2 person road trips. It's a little tight for 4 adults to fit in for long (3+hr) road trips, but does it's best to accommodate. The rear trunk space is excellent. The folding rear seats are very easy to use for larger items. Gas mileage isn't comparable to fuel efficient brothers, however, I noticed that when I turn off the traction control I can hit 30MPG easily with a mix of freeway and city driving. If I don't turn it off I get about 26 in the city and 29 freeway. I am not a slow driver. I have to navigate around a lot of large semi trucks on the freeway. I drive 37 miles to work, then back again, each day so for me the fuel economy is great. I love the pick-up and pep in the car. The sound system is really nice for not being bose or alpine. The lack of outside noise is to die for! I am always shocked when I roll down my windows and hear a loud motorcycle. I simply roll the windows back up and enjoy the silence. I really love my Verano. I have had a few problems that the dealership has taken care of. One was a recall. The other was a bit more tricky I guess. Ultimately, in the year I have had the car, I feel I made the right purchase."

2013 Verano - very nice luxury compact!

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "composed ride, near-luxury vibe, excellent value"

Cons: "manual seat adjust, no outside trunk release"

"Wanted a domestic near-luxury compact instead of expensive foreign makes or the usual mid-sized choices. The Verano fit the bill perfectly. Tasteful two-tone interior, understated exterior styling, and perfect size for an empty-nester or young professional. The motor is only average in power and MPG, but the overall goodness of the car for the price is undeniable. The well-equipped base model seems to be the best value, if you can forgo the Convenience or Leather packages. Comfortable leatherette/cloth front seats, stylish gauges and dash, amazingly roomy trunk, and acceptable back seat."

perhaps the best car in class from GM

By on Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pros: "fantastic price, library quiet, high lux & tech"

Cons: "mpg, acceleration, rear seat leg room"

"I took delivery on my base Verano earlier this week. $22,000 out the door, about a $2,000 discount to the sticker with delivery charges. this car is based on the cruze platform, but is closer in size to the malibu, and has a 2.4 liter engine unavailable in the cruze. the fake leather is shockingly realistic. the car is vault like quiet (triple laminated glass, a hundred pounds of sound deadening material). the intellilink system has bluetooth, a rear view camera, XM, CD, onstar, pandora, USB and more - all standard on the base model. mileage is running around 28 mpg around town. "Barely average" according to other reviews. And at 180 hp this isn't going to blow away any civic SI's or BMW 328s. But get this - this car is dimensially larger than a 328 or civic, has MUCH higher content and technology; 18 inch allow wheels, and much quieter. Sharp looking too. I do have gripes - but I accepted these going into it, they weren't a surprise. gas filler is on the right. parking brake is a funky button on the console, not a proper handbrake. no overhead bin for sunglasses or garage remote. donut spare (at least it has one at all); knee room in the rear is tight if you put the front seats all the way back. The trunk is huge - they could have taken 4 inches out of that and used in the rear seat. This car will not out-accelerate or out corner a 328. But it beats it for NVH, standard content, and warranty. And did I mention it stickers for $24,000 (I paid 22) vs. $37 for a base 328? I am in a $215 a month zero down 39 month lease. This is another concern - I usually don't keep a car quite that long. I don't like leases. But $215 a month is great."

Such a great value for the money!

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Great pickup"

Cons: "N/A"

"This vehicle has tons of standard features and gets great gas mileage. I commute 2 hours a day and get about 30 MPG Highway. This is a great car for young business professional, or someone looking to downsize from a larger vehicle. A+!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick Verano near Honolulu. See local deals