ZIP code

1998 Buick Riviera

Based on 138 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Love this car

By on Monday, December 10, 2007

"When I called Buick to ask them why they discontinued the Riviera in 1999 when I had hoped to buy another, they stated that the market was not there for a luxury coupe. Funny, it seems to be there for Mercedes, BMW, and many others. The styling is still fresh and not dated. It still does not look like anything else out there. Very quiet and comfortable. Nice finish on everything (unlike it's Aurora cousin). Plenty of power for a car its size and fun to drive. This car has never let me down in over 170K miles and still rides like a new car. Buick had a concept car called the LaCrosse a few years ago that was very much like the Riviera but got canned. I was waiting in line for that car. The actual LaCrosse that came out was not anything like it. While Buick still tries to throw some style in their line, they have gotten much more conservative and mainstream."

97 RIV

By on Friday, May 30, 2008

"I'M 52. I GOT MY RIV WHEN IT HAD 74K ON IT, IT NOW HAS 243K. I WOULD FEEL SAFE TAKING IT CROSS COUNTRY TODAY AND TO DATE, I HAVE HAD TO REPLACE THE FRONT STRUTS, REAR HIJACKERS ,FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS AND THE SERP BELT. I GET 20 MPG WITH MY FOOT IN IT AND IT STILL WILL DO 0-60 IN 3 TELEPHONE POLES. SMOOTH POWER QUICK ACCELERATION, A GREAT CAR, COMFORTABLE AND STILL NOT TO BAD ON THE EYE. ALSO HAVE THE ORIGINAL EXHAUST SYSTEM."

LOVE THIS CAR

By on Monday, August 19, 2013

"I loved this car and wanted one forever, but the planets never aligned for me. finally I picked one up, 98 fully optioned 134k. The car has some slight hail damage, some slight interior wear and the infamous paint damage. other than that, the car just glides its as great as I imagined."

Very comfortable,swift car!

By on Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pros: "Great drive for town or long trips."

Cons: "Not the best drafting car on windy days."

"My only regret is that it didnt have the supercharger, but even without it is Very Peppy;) I really want a late 60's early 70'model Riviera to restore. Wish Buick would bring back the Riviera it was always and still is Very Reliable with a touch of class!"

nice ride, but not economical; bad paint job

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "nice ride"

Cons: "not economical"

"This car is wonderful for road trips---has a very nice ride. But it is kind of big and therefore inconvenient when running errands around town. Original paint job is defective---large patches where paint is coming off. Luxury features are nice, but are excessively expensive when repairs are needed. Parts are expensive and this car has needed a great many repairs. Weatherstripping freezes doors shut in winter---this caused door handles to break (both sides) when I pulled them too hard to try to get in; requires premium gas and only gets around 20 miles per gallon (in town); nice car if it's an extra car, but not very economical if it is your main mode of transportation;"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Buick Riviera near Honolulu. See local deals