2012 Buick Regal

Based on 107 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

I love my car

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Cons: "Door locks lock immediately"

"I got my Buick Regal Turbo on June 1, and am still in love with it. I have had more strangers coming up to me and telling me what a beautiful car I have, and a couple have even said how "sexy" it is. Even at work, fellow employees are still telling me how great it is. Normally, I am excited about a new car for a couple of weeks, then the newness wears off. Not this one! And I love the color (expresso)."

Awesome ride, but thats about it

By on Thursday, December 15, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Falls apart"

"I own the 2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo. Fell in love with this car after the first test drive! Great power, good looks, and handles like a dream. I bought it with 44k miles on it and it went all down hill from there in 2 years. List of issues in 2.5 years of owning the car: 1. Belt tensioner has gone out on the car 3 times! the dealer paid for the first 2 but the 3rd time was out of warranty. 2.Rear Passenger window fell of track and wouldn't work. Had to take the door apart and fix myself. A cheap foam spacer fell off causing a jam. 3.Harmon Kardon sound system is awesome... when it works. Driver speaker just quit and center speaker sounds awful (my wife drives the car and never turns them up loud enough to blow them). 4. Had two cylinoids go out (probably normal wear and tear). 5. The entire shifting console broke and fell in pieces in my hand. was stuck in a parking lot until the dealer could tow me and get it fixed. 6.the "chrome" on the inside of the car is mostly just stickers... that started peeling terribly. 7. The TPMS went out on the back right tire. they want $150 to repair... no thanks. 8. Car randomly will try to "jump" at stops. Without paying proper attention you could easily hit someone in front of you (rare, but it has happened at least 5-10 times) 9. The turbo started leaking oil at 90k miles. this is when I finally dumped the money pit. Long story short, I loved this car, Just wish it didn't have so many issues and wouldn't recommend this to anyone i cared about."

Not the usual Buick quality

By on Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, sexy appearance, 30 mpg @ 73mpg"

Cons: "minor built quality."

"I love the care overall, but it has little aggravating problems: It three trips to the dealer to get the heated drivers seat repaired. The left turn signal on the left front quarter sticks out of the car because the brackets broke. The trip around the radio came off because the brackets broke. The cheap faux chrome on the driver's side hand started coming off and actually cit my hand. Other than that I love the car. Sexy looking. I completely detailed it with Mothers Premium Carnauba wax/cleaner, followed by their black label, followed by two coats of the black label top finish. People cannot believe how beautiful it is. Great road manner and a pleasure to drive."

Great choice

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Pros: "Nice drive, good interior quality"

Cons: "Lot of plastic for the price, the apps and radio"

"No longer just for old folks for sure:)"

Convenience & Safety Flaws

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "Seat warmers are fast heating!"

Cons: "Key remote; Often find trunk open. Very sensitive."

"When at stop sign or light, the vehicle creeps forward on its own. Your cell phone is required to be manually connected to vehicle in order to listen to the music on your cell phone. The voice command to make calls does not effectivley recognize commands/requests. Radio functions/Settings continuously have to be reprogrammed The navigation will not auto download and or recognize addresses from your address book. You must download these manually which takes approx. 5 minutes per contact. I have been to three different dealers; they gave two explanations. 1. "Were not sure" and 2. You will have to live with it. If anyone knows how to resolve any of the above issues, please let me know. Bob"

LOW VALUE CAR - would not purchase again

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Pros: "Beautiful interior."

Cons: "Terrible value for a vehicle....many regrets."

"This car's value decreased over $12,000 in the first year. Terrible value for a vehicle. You can now purchase a brand new Regal for LESS than I paid for this one in 2014. Has a beautiful interior but flaws in the paint on the exterior. Too much road noise. MANY REGRETS....but now I'm STUCK with this mess!"

They only get better

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Pros: "Fun car to drive."

Cons: "Some Turbo lag on the hills of the North East"

"I got my 2017 Regal because I wanted a new sporty car with all the safety features. I tested the lane departure, and it worked great, the rear camera and cross indicator, all worked as expected. I did like how the adaptive cruse worked keeping the set distance as it slowed down and sped up. I was surprised how well the auto-breaking also worked. Over the years I have owned a 1990 Buick Century, a 2012 Regal Premium 1, a 2014 La Crosse, and now the 2017 Regal, I have had other GM brands, the Buicks have had the best reliability, and I have gotten complement's on each of the Buicks."

ITS A BUICK

By on Saturday, June 25, 2016

Pros: "DECENT RIDE."

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE NOT AS GOOD AS ADVERTISED."

"GOT A GOOD DEAL ON A LEASE. TOO MUCH TO BUY. LEASE ALMOST UP, MIGHT KEEP DEPENDING ON THE BUYOUT PRICE. BOUGHT E-ASSIST ENGINE FOR GAS MILEAGE. RATED AT 30/42, BUT IM GETTING 27/36. HAD A COUPLE OF RECALLS. GOOD TIRES AND BRAKES FROM THE FACTORY. DECENT CARE, NOT WORTH A LOT, CAUSE NO BELLS AND WHISTLES. MIGHT LIKE THE UPGRADED REGAL IF NOT WORRIED ABOUT PRICE OR GAS MILEAGE. DRIVES LIKE A BUICK."

What's not to love?

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "Features, Price, Style"

Cons: "Radio display looks slightly dated"

"Picked up my 2011 Regal Turbo with about 25k miles on it in November 2014 for $14k. Beautiful car with a ton of features and plenty of power from the turbo. Heated leather seats, bluetooth, moonroof... So much luxury for not much money at all. Can't beat this car. No quality or reliability issues at all. I'll definitely be a Buick owner for a long time."

Great car. Great price, low mileage

By on Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Pros: "Great driving car. Our other car is a Cadillac Xts"

"Garage kept. Wife became unable to drive. Two cars is one too many. This Buick Regal is one of the finest and finest-looking cars on the road. Turbo is excellent as is the entire automobile."