2012 Buick Regal

Based on 107 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Great Buy

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, styling, and features."

"Had mine 3 months and like it better now than on day one. Exterior styling speaks for itself and the interior is first class. Standard features are a plus. The ride is as advertised, smooth. Love the color, Granite Gray Metallic with ebony interior. I get a lot of comments on this car. Mileage is 30 MPG. The 2.4L certainly isn't drag strip ready but has enough power for the interstate and in the mountains did great as well."

31 years old and LOVE my new Regal Turbo!

By on Friday, September 2, 2011

Pros: "comfy and fun to drive and looks great!"

Cons: "lack of good color choices... brown or blue..."

"If anyone would have asked me if I EVER thought I'd own a Buick at age 31, I'd have looked you square in the eye and told you that you were crazy! That being said, I am surprised to see a Buick key on my ring! I looked at many other cars and ended up with a Quicksilver Metallic Buick Regal Turbo. This car has landed me a TON of compliments, especially regarding the LED cat eyes around the Bi Xenon headlights and plenty of "That's awesome for a Buick" comments! The original car came from Germany and I made dead sure I got one of those and NOT one that came out of Oshawa Canada... This car is amazing! It has beautiful lines, a sexy back end and the interior is just beautiful. It's simple, sleek and not over done inside and I find the interior to be super comfortable and easy on the eyes... at over 6 feet tall, I rarely find a car with enough leg room and I can honestly say that I have plenty of room to stretch out in this car! (sorry about the guy behind me though) I LOVE the 9 speaker Harmon Kardon stereo system and especially LOVE the fact that I can slam all my music from my computer right onto a thumb drive and plug that right into the car and easily control it all right from the steering wheel. The speakers maintain their clarity even at high volume and don't sound at all distorted. When I am in the car, I made sure to get one that is quiet with little road noise and a stereo that is of high quality... loud cars make me crazy! Put the petal down and you'll notice that there is absolutely ZERO turbo lag and the car scoots along the power curve gracefully... I had it to 100mph at the blink of an eye and it stayed nice and firmly planted to the ground! I also love the fact that I get a 4yr/50k bumper to bumper warranty and a 5yr/100k power train warranty. Even though I only did a short term 27 month lease, I know I will never have to worry about a repair! None of the other cars offered such a long warranty WITH OUT having to purchase an extended service agreement for a lot more money! At the end of this, all I can say is that this car makes other cars with luxury stickers on their trunks look like they got their interior pieces from D.E. Jones! And P.S. Acura can keep their "premium" 8 speaker sound system... I have 9 thanks and they sound way better! :) Hope you find this helpful!"

Impressed with 2011 Regal

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "A car that rivals the euro models, w/good price."

Cons: "Nothing yet."

"My friends and family have been absolutely shocked that my car is a Buick! It has European looks and is fun to drive. I now take my time driving to and from work because I enjoy this vehicle so much. The sound system, nav, and bluetooth phone are great. Very sporty, yet elegant!"

Luxurious Drive but small

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Pros: "Styling, performance, and ride quality"

Cons: "Gas mileage and smallish interior"

"I bought this car as a certified pre-owned with 18K miles. I put about 30K combination highway/city miles on it. Acceleration: I was skeptical of a 4 cylinder engine, even a turbo charged one. However, my skepticism was misplaced. This car has strong acceleration and a wide power band. Merging onto the Interstate at high speeds is no problem. The Regal will get you to 80 mph in the blink of an eye and engine noise is almost non-existent at cruising speeds. However, gas mileage is less than you would expect from a 4 cylinder engine. Braking: The Regal brakes as strong as it accelerates. Can't comment on brake fade since my driving style does not warrant excessive braking. Interior: High quality materials are used through-out the cabin. The leather seats look great, although the bottoms are a little flat. All control knobs/buttons are well placed and are of good quality. Nothing about the interior says cheap or economy. When showed to a family member, she commented, "Wow, the interior really looks rich". The soft touch dash and door appointments really add to the well though out interior. The only complaint, a small one at that, is that the infotainment controls are a bit of a reach for taller drivers whose seats are set back. The only shortfall of this car is the interior space. The car feels a bit cramped. At 6'1", I have to adjust the seat to its lowest setting to get a some head room. The driver sides compartment feels snug, like a race car. I guess this is inherited from the Regal's sport lineage. The rear may be cramped for taller people. Handling: This cars handles like a European sedan. It's hugs the road and inspires confidence but never looses its composure. The Regal simply out classes the Accords and Camrys of the world. This car is more in the class of the BMW 3 series and the Audi A4. Exterior: The exterior styling is on the sporty side, with 18" wheels and 50 series tires. The waterfall grille is both elegant and sporty. The chrome accents are tastefully done. Although, the rear stance my be a little too sporty for some taste. Paint quality is second to none. This is a fun car to drive. It's gives you luxurious ride, but also has some muscle when needed."

amazing vehicle

By on Monday, November 7, 2011

"I went from an SUV to a this turbo model and I couldn't be more pleased. This vehicle is equiped with everything you can imagine and then some. The price was right and Buick made a heck of a car. Comfort, size, fuel mileage is fantastic. There are a few blind spots that you can easily correct with your mirrors. We turn heads every corner we take! I give this car a 5 out of 5!"

Back in the mix-with quality fun car

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "value, luxury, good build quality"

Cons: "none yet"

"I came back to GM--Buick Regal after owning several Hyundai's--I am glad I did , This 2012 Regal is teriffic. If you took off the Buick badges, you can easily mistake it for a high end sedan the likes of BMW Audi.Buick has turned the corner with their cars. Hats off to GM , this division is back to making great mid level luxury cars"

1st Buick since 1968, should have come back sooner

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Sporty looks and sports car like driving"

Cons: "Rough shifting at times, no driver's seat memory."

"I have the CXL R5. I love this car. Had it for 4 months now. Gas mileage isn't great, about 23 in city, 28 highway. But the comfort, styling, quality and sporty driving can't be beat. Love the sunroof, sound system, bluetooth and nav system. Seats are very comfortable and adjustable. Just wish it had memory for the driver's seat. Have the same shifting problem as some others have mentioned. Just a little irritating at times."

Love the car except....

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

"I love the way this car looks and all the features it has. Driving on the highway is a pleasure. I have had the car 6 months. My only complaint is when driving in traffic which I do every day. The car snaps forward when it shift between 20 and 25. It also has hesitation but only when in traffic. The dealer has had it 5 days and now tells me all the Regals do this and they consider it normal. I've asked a few other Regal owners and most have had this problem too."

Great Ride

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "ALL"

Cons: "none other than the seat.."

"traded a monte carlo for this car...love it, but have only 1 problem. the seat bottom dosent recline up enough. the lumbar is exelent!!! got the black. have ALOT of compilments..i would recomend this car!!! no problem with gas millage! was bought back in april."

Owned 7 vehicles and I've found my love...

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Stylish and fun to drive!"

Cons: "Bluetooth - first ring always loud"

"No matter what angle I look at this car from, this car has style. I love the size and the way it feels when I drive it. I've owned a Tacoma, Accord Coupe, Jetta, Legacy, but this car has surpassed my expectations. Overall I love this car and would get this car again if I got the chance of making a choice again...I just hope it ends up having a durable lifespan (pay it of before it starts giving issues). As a young professional I say its an excellent car!"

2011 Buick Regal CXL

By on Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"I got the first new 2011 Buick Regal CXL delivered in Daytona Beach, Florida and I absolutely love it. I traded in my Buick Lucerne CXL for it. The interior, especially the dash is super. I would highly recommend this car to anyone. I love the German features on the car."

I absolutely LOVE this car!

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "The total package, quality made!"

Cons: "small trunk"

"I bought this car new-- 2012 Buick Regal w/eAssist, sunroof, intellilink, Premium 2 package, LED lights, french stitched leather interior, keyless startup (which I can also do from my iPhone!!), bluetooth, parking rear assist,... I could go on and on! This car is the full package. It rides so smoothly, the cabin is so quiet and comfortable! I love the heated seats and dual temperature (since my husband and I prefer totally different temperatures). The Harmon Kardon sound system with the well insulated cabin makes you feel like you're in a theater every time you listen to music! I also love the OnStar app and Sirius Radio that came with the car. OnStar even runs diagnostics on your car when you request it! With the OnStar app on your phone, you can also check your oil, tire pressure, gas %, send your car navigation, start your car from your phone... AHHH! Very on the front end of technology!) According to my car, I am getting 30mpg avg. Can't complain about that! This is a great car. Rides SO smooth-- looks sharp inside and out!"

This is a great sporty car to drive.

By on Friday, August 31, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, nice exhaust tone"

Cons: "Chrome shifter plate."

"The handling is superb. Love the great gas mileage with incredible low and mid-range power. The interior is quite and comfortable. The electronics are easy to use and functional. The only downside is the chrome plate on the shifter trim, it reflects sun in your eyes while driving. I overcame this by having the plate "black plated" which is more Euro looking than the chrome trim."

Awesome ride!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"This Car rides and drives like a dream! Very smooth and comfortable I would recommened it to anyone."

Overall good vehicle

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"Great vehicle with two exceptions...one is a minor design flaw on the center console, sunlight hits the metal around the gearshift and it can be blinding. Second and it is not minor, with the 6 speed transmission, get into a jam and need to "floor" or step on the gas, the transmission struggles to find the right gear to go into and nearly stalls."

looks great ,handles great needs more power

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "very nice interior ,handles very nice"

Cons: "lack of power 180hp just isnt enuff!!!!"

"The interior of the car is what turned me on looks very nice and is very comfortable the quality of the interior is as nice as a BMW .Handling is amazing for a GM car, very fun to drive . The styling is very nice i love the bulging fender flares my only complaint is the lack of power, when its offered with a v6 i will trade this one in im not a turbo fan car could use more torque would make it much more fun"

Solid European handling and driving experience

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pros: "european turbo acceleration and handling/feel"

Cons: "loud sunroof and clunky bluetooth"

"I was a SAAB owner and was looking for a replacement after the SAABs downfall. The Buick Regal Turbo has the european scale, handling sensibility, gas mileage and turbo to get close to the SAAB without breaking $35K (although the latest versions may do that). Only issues I've had with the car are 1) a loud sunroof that two dealers still could not get right - I just close the solid panel to cut down noise if it is loud and 2) bluetooth and entertainment connectivity was very clunky at first - but now I've figured out how to work around the system. I normally lease and turn in, but I'm going to buy this car and give it to my college age daughter to use - a solid buy."

great style, value compared to imports

By on Saturday, April 7, 2012

Pros: "looks inside and out drive, value"

Cons: "deep narrow cupholders and small outside mirrors"

"had for 6 weeks. have TO6 package on 2011 turbo. the car drives handles well, mileage is about 28 combined city/highway. i would recommend this car to anybody that wants american with german roots. this car is so underated compared to imports.i like the 19 inch wheels,heated leather seats ride and most of all the compliments i get from people about it's looks."

loved this car when I saw it in Germany

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

"But there are a few bugs about it. I first saw this car sitting in the Frankfurt airporst as an Opal Invicta. Compomared to the newest MB it was parked to, this car was a killer. When I heard Buick was getting it, I couldn't wait to drive it. Okay, after eleven months an many trips...I still like it. There are a few quirck about it and I annoyed at Buick marketing. Marketing first. Why no manual for the non- turbo. It is certainly available in EU, why not US? The non turbo would perform far better with a manual. In traffic, I use manual mode most often anyway, the shift patterns of the auto version are a bit quircky. The other marketing bit, no option to get projecter beam HID headlamps in the non-turbo version? Poor decision. Other perspective, for long drives, the leather stitching bugs my thighs, like the seam should be faced the oposite direction. Pluses, this car handles like its a skateboard on a rail. Super tight, its a blast to drive fast... solid at 170 kph. Need more open road to push it further, over all a great car."

Was exactly what i was hoping it would be.

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

"Great interior, great styling, everything you want or need comes standard. Great power with the 2.0 Turbo. Good fuel economy if you can keep your foot out of it. Great fun car to drive."

Love this car. Fun to drive & nice to look at.

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive and great looking"

Cons: "my tall husband finds it a little cramped"

"I have owned this car for over two years and it has proven to be a very reliable car. Except for maintenance, it has not been in the shop. It is great looking and fun to drive."

very nice car black on black tinted windows

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "sporty with a nice feel of control"

"the car has been troule free I just wish it was a turbo need just a little more power on the hwy very good gas mileage 21 city 31 hwy nice car"

Solid feel

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "great value for price Plus warrantee"

Cons: "would like a little more pick up from 0-25"

"I just purchased this vehicle a short time ago. My only hesitation was having a "old person" car. I made my purchase knowing I liked the car, but loved the bumper to bumper warrantee until 62,000 miles or 3 years. Not bad since I did not have to deal with the loss of value from driving off the lot brand new since I purchased it with 14,000 miles."

2012 Buick Regal Premium III Turbo

By on Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pros: "Runs great, excellent mileage"

Cons: "Finishing touches on design.. headliner, paint"

"I bought this car after trading in an H3.. obviously the gas milease is excellent at 28mpg but the paint job is something to be desired. The trunk has multiple variances in the paint and while covered under warranty is annoying with 1,200 miles on it! The other thing I noticed is the design of the interior/exterior. The headliner, while secure is not visually appealing from the exterior. If you stand in front of the vehicle, you can actually see a "gap" between the headliner!! Interestingly, I have looked at several dealerships and all of the Regals have the same! Nice car, drives great but will most likely not buy another."

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Mileage, Handling, style"

Cons: "Cup holders in awkward place"

"Had for 6 months now, no problems, great driving car, great highway mileage. Lots of compliments, overall very happy with car"