2011 Buick Regal

Based on 104 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Great car for the price

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"This was my first car I ever purchased on my own. For 26k it comes loaded with just about every comfort option one needs. a comparable Impala (awful looking) costs just as much if not more. The engine is kind of underwhelming but it is smooth and quiet."

Just Perfect!

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Great driving experience. Comfort as expected and it will surprise you with its performance. Must have, in my opinion."

Great Style,German Quality, Performance,Comfort...

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Driving, Price, Quality of CXL R6 = A Winner"

Cons: "Haven't found any negatives"

"The Buick Regal CXL-R6 is a total driving experience. Compared the Mazda 6, Volkswagen CC, Lincoln MXZ, Acura, and every other sports sedan in its class both tech and real world. Bought the Regal and after 7000 miles realized that we didn't make a mistake. Great Comfortable Ride, Quality, Style,and Love to drive it. Handling ... It really goes where you point it. Really great wonderful lay out and size for 4 adults or two adults and kids (rear seating not as large as some others) That is what we bought it for. 2nd Vehicle is Avalanche, so Regal is perfect. The R6 option covers it all ... no turbo, so 87 octane regular forever. Would have to rate our overall experience a "10" in its class and under $ 38,000 price range."

Great all round car

By on Monday, May 2, 2011

"I have owned this car now for 6 months. This is my everyday car and I own a porsche carerra. This car has it all. Heavy enough to handle any inclimate weather to hold the road nicely. Stylish and great comfort. I have 6k miles and love driving in it everyday. I could have a little more pep but with gas up around $4 i'll sacrafice and takes regular unleaded. I get all sorts of compliants asking about this car and who makes it. This has to be one of the most comfortable cars I have every owned. Looking forward to maybe getting the GS when my lease expires."

RL5 - Love it so far..

By on Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"I recently purchased this vehicle and absolutely love it. I've read several reviews that talked about the engine performance being bleak but I have found that to be far from the truth. I was considering a Chevy Cruze or a Honda accord but the Buick just blew them both away. One caution however, If you're a younger driver (I'm 24), upon telling people you got a buick their first thought is a grandpaw car. You might get some strange looks until they see it!"

Awesome ride, but thats about it

By on Thursday, December 15, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Falls apart"

"I own the 2011 Buick Regal CXL Turbo. Fell in love with this car after the first test drive! Great power, good looks, and handles like a dream. I bought it with 44k miles on it and it went all down hill from there in 2 years. List of issues in 2.5 years of owning the car: 1. Belt tensioner has gone out on the car 3 times! the dealer paid for the first 2 but the 3rd time was out of warranty. 2.Rear Passenger window fell of track and wouldn't work. Had to take the door apart and fix myself. A cheap foam spacer fell off causing a jam. 3.Harmon Kardon sound system is awesome... when it works. Driver speaker just quit and center speaker sounds awful (my wife drives the car and never turns them up loud enough to blow them). 4. Had two cylinoids go out (probably normal wear and tear). 5. The entire shifting console broke and fell in pieces in my hand. was stuck in a parking lot until the dealer could tow me and get it fixed. 6.the "chrome" on the inside of the car is mostly just stickers... that started peeling terribly. 7. The TPMS went out on the back right tire. they want $150 to repair... no thanks. 8. Car randomly will try to "jump" at stops. Without paying proper attention you could easily hit someone in front of you (rare, but it has happened at least 5-10 times) 9. The turbo started leaking oil at 90k miles. this is when I finally dumped the money pit. Long story short, I loved this car, Just wish it didn't have so many issues and wouldn't recommend this to anyone i cared about."

Excellent condition Great car best vehicle ever.

By on Monday, September 28, 2015

Pros: "Great price fun to drive"

"Great car in excellent condition This car is the finest car that I have ever owned or driven. I have no complaints."

coarse engine, funky transmission

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "engine and transmission miss the mark"

"Great handling and comfort, interior and exterior look great. Good features. Transmission hesitates and whines, engine has no power and sounds unrefined. Buick came close, maybe turbo and manual are better? Hard to find that combination. Can't wait for lease to end."

only similarity from past is the name buick regal.

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "LOOKS QUALITY LUXURY"

Cons: "PAST REPUTATION"

"Went to buy a Lexus....came home with a Buick Regal. Huh? AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I had a 06 is250 and this regal is so much more luxurious. True it has less punch but the tech, quiet ride, quality, and did I mention LOOKS?? Definite eye catcher! Nobody can believe its a Buick. This is the up and coming car to own.. For the value and quality it is a no brainer!"

Great reliablity and drivng experience

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

"This car has 90000 miles and only one thing has gone wrong with it, which was then covered under the factory warranty. The heated seat (driver side quit working). Great gas mileage, awesome power (for its size), comfortable ride and handles great in the snow. The interior is comfortable and quite. Its a shame that the resale value has dropped so far. That would be my only complaint. I guess I'll drive it until it drops!"

Lots of power with the new 2.0 L Turbo.

By on Friday, April 15, 2016

Pros: "Purposeful technology and lots o power"

Cons: "small back seat"

"I just replaced my 2006 Impala SS, and although the regal does not have the same power it is much more comfortable and easy to handle. I love the radio system; easy to use and compatible with apple car play or android auto. I am enjoying the remote start off my smart phone too. Fuel economy ranges very wide depending on my driving. I have gotten 30 mpg and beyond on the highway, but I do tend to hit the gas a little too much around town. Usually my car reads out at 22-24 mpg. No complaints!"

It compares well to similar cars I have owned.

By on Wednesday, February 24, 2016

"I find the Regal Premium 3 with the turbo 2.0 motor is a fun car to drive. It has a comfortable ride and can handle all types of roads with ease. It has many options that normally come only in the high price cars. The 19 inch wheels are an added bonus. The leather seats are well made and don't wrinkle with use/age. They remind me of leather seats normally put in sport cars. I also really appreciate the 4 year 50,000 miles warrenty."

my first car

By on Monday, February 14, 2011

"this is my first car and i am a new driver but have driven an expedition & dodge grand caravan. i love this car it is comfortable, quiet & smooth driving. this will be my car for the rest of my life.. the only thing that bothers is me is when it rains the breaks scrape & it is really loud other then that its comfortable smooth & stylish. i am a 20 year old female & i love this car."

2011 totalled, liked it so much leased another one

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great equipment."

"Smooth ride, roomy, good styling."

great car!

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Great styling, Comfort, Gas mileage,"

Cons: "transmission jumpy from start"

"After several months driving this car I would have to say I enjoy it more everyday! This body platform has been incorporated into many of current and upcoming models including Chevy Malibu, Saab 95, etc. GM has done a great job using their European affiliation to bring back some excitement in their design program. While this car cannot quite compete with it's European rivals it is a big move forward in both design and function regarding what today's driver both expects and enjoys. This model will be an initial example of where the US goes to compete in the luxury market. Come on U.S.A. why can't we design cars like this!"

Own it Love it

By on Friday, September 9, 2011

Pros: "Read comments"

Cons: "no auto starter"

"They got it right is it really a GM car? I don't believe it, it GREAT and it rides GREAT and it looks GREAT. you have to drive one to believe it don't trust me go drive one I had mine nine mos. now you will love it try it before you buy anything else."

Quiet Comfort

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"This is a great car if you are looking for a car that has a great ride and is quiet. I average 21 mpg around town and have taken one trip of about 100 miles and averaged 26,7. Im sure once i get more mileage on the car and take a longer trip I will get the advertised 30 mpg on the highway. I would give it a 5 in performance but I am still adjusting to the transmission. Engine has plenty of power for the average driver. Give it a test drive and I think you will like it. Handles GREAT."

One of the nicest GM cars I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pros: "Strong performance with amazing MPG"

Cons: "Not enough interior storage compared to an Impala"

"Started out to get a 2014 Impala to replace my '08 Impala LTZ which I completely loved. Stumbled upon this 2014 Regal Turbo while walking the lot of a Buick dealer who had a few Impalas for sale. Salesman convinced to test drive the Buick and I was sold within 3 miles. Got back to the dealer, wrote a check and left my LTZ in the rear view mirror. This black on black Regal is an absolute total package: looks, performance and mileage. It is not my grandfather's Buick. Only negative is the awkward placement of the window controls and cup holders. Other than that it is a blast to own and drive."

Not the usual Buick quality

By on Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, sexy appearance, 30 mpg @ 73mpg"

Cons: "minor built quality."

"I love the care overall, but it has little aggravating problems: It three trips to the dealer to get the heated drivers seat repaired. The left turn signal on the left front quarter sticks out of the car because the brackets broke. The trip around the radio came off because the brackets broke. The cheap faux chrome on the driver's side hand started coming off and actually cit my hand. Other than that I love the car. Sexy looking. I completely detailed it with Mothers Premium Carnauba wax/cleaner, followed by their black label, followed by two coats of the black label top finish. People cannot believe how beautiful it is. Great road manner and a pleasure to drive."

Great!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2017

Reason: lease

Pros: "Great reliability"

Cons: "0"

"Wife leased a 2014 regal FWD and had 0 problems here in Upstate NY. She just leased a 2016 AWD that I feel is the equal of any Audi in the mkt., and though I dont feel my 2015 1.5 Ford fusion is lacking, the Buick Regal is much more of a drivers car."

Just ok came out of a bmw to this. Not impressed

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

"Poor visibility. Navigation hiccups . Lots of body squeaks"

great car

By on Friday, November 8, 2013

Pros: "enjoyable ride, good mileage, looks great"

Cons: "bulky key"

"I like driving this car it rides comfortably with enough power to move well at highway speeds. Gas mileage has been about 21 city and 30 highway. The edge of the roof liner was not finished properly, the dealer replaced all the parts it looks great now. The key for the push button start is bulky in my pocket and the "switchblade" manual key pops open in my pocket too often also the other buttons get pushed in my pocket. i have found my trunk open more than once. car looks great i realy like it"

I love my car

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Cons: "Door locks lock immediately"

"I got my Buick Regal Turbo on June 1, and am still in love with it. I have had more strangers coming up to me and telling me what a beautiful car I have, and a couple have even said how "sexy" it is. Even at work, fellow employees are still telling me how great it is. Normally, I am excited about a new car for a couple of weeks, then the newness wears off. Not this one! And I love the color (expresso)."

They only get better

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Pros: "Fun car to drive."

Cons: "Some Turbo lag on the hills of the North East"

"I got my 2017 Regal because I wanted a new sporty car with all the safety features. I tested the lane departure, and it worked great, the rear camera and cross indicator, all worked as expected. I did like how the adaptive cruse worked keeping the set distance as it slowed down and sped up. I was surprised how well the auto-breaking also worked. Over the years I have owned a 1990 Buick Century, a 2012 Regal Premium 1, a 2014 La Crosse, and now the 2017 Regal, I have had other GM brands, the Buicks have had the best reliability, and I have gotten complement's on each of the Buicks."

Great choice

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Pros: "Nice drive, good interior quality"

Cons: "Lot of plastic for the price, the apps and radio"

"No longer just for old folks for sure:)"