ZIP code

1997 Buick Regal

Based on 434 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

excellent car

By on Saturday, April 16, 2011

"I bought my 98 regal used in 2000 with 16K on it and now have 166k on it. The only things replaced are front brakes at 140k, belt at 120k and the battery after 9 years. Fantastic reliability and next to no repairs - best vehicle I have ever owned. No rust and it still looks and runs great, I would not hesitate to drive it accross country. I have a friend with a taurus of the same year and it looks and rides like a worn out car at only 145k."

03 Regal LS

By on Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"119000 miles and still a great car. Just had the tranny rebuilt, but other than that it has been basically bulletproff. Buick builds a great car and she gets 30 plus mpg on the highway. This car should go another 75K miles without much in the way of repairs. Too bad GM ceased using the 3.8 V6 as that is one of the very best engines ever built. If you want a reliable inexpensive all around good car, buy a Buick with a 3.8 V6. This would be a great first car for kids."

Excellent Sedan

By on Saturday, November 20, 2010

"This is the premium Buick similar to a Century but with lots of upgrades, leather upholstery, nicer trim, better wheels, etc. - We had one for 7 years with no mechanical problems. It is a very comfortable car. Rear seat fold down for extra storage and hauling long items. Nice V6 engine with decent gas mileage"

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"I've enjoyed my 98 Regal for over 12 years, have put 220,000 miles on it and it still drives and operates great. None of the import cars can compare to the comfort of a Buick - believe me, I've tried to talk myself into a Honda or Toyota more than once! My old Regal still gets 25 mpg on the highway, rivaling the competition. I'm glad Buick is making Regals again - it is hands down the best, most comfortable and dependable vehicle I've ever owned!"

Great vehicle. Beware at high miles.

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"I replaced my 1991 Regal (which I loved) with the 1999 Regal I am selling now. The options, reliability and gas mileage are great. At about 130,000 miles many electrical problems began. Every power window motor failed, gas gauge died, fog lights died, interior trunk release won't work, sunroof won't open. The car now has 150,000 and looking for a pasture to retire in."

Dependable

By on Sunday, January 3, 2010

"Have about 170k on this car. All orginal. Even orginal A\C. Daily driver. Never been in shop except for regulare maintance and tune ups. Drives excellent. Gets 29mpg on highway, but when u need to go, it will throw u in the seat. Fun car, hope it lasts another 10yrs."

Much better than expected!!

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"I inherited this vehicle when my grandfather recently passed. At first I was a little hesitant to own a Buick (I'm only 36), but my husband and I thought it would be nice to keep some miles off our minivan and I liked the idea of driving something smaller than the Town & Country around town. After driving this car 6 hours home from my grandfather's place in southern Oregon, any prejudices I once had about Buick were long gone! I love this car. Smooth acceleration, good handling, and comfort for miles. It's solid, quiet, and has good visibility. I would rather drive my new Regal than my husband's '06 Charger! It's been a fantastic car and I'm looking forward to many more miles and years with it."

Love this car!

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"I have 117,000 original miles and plan to drive it until the wheels fall off. Every other car pales in comparison when I think of shopping around. The leather seats are the best!"

We bought the car new and it has been a great car.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "A nice car, fun to drive, very good condition"

Cons: "Fender needs repair"

"A very good car to drive. Mileage is good and have had regular oil changes and repairs as they are needed. It has no rust but the right front fender needs to be repaired."

Reliable and comfortable

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Good road car. Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Limited cup holders."

"Comfortable and reliable car. Great highway gas mileage and not bad around town. Good road car overall."