ZIP code

2017 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $34,389 - $35,728.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Valid for ZIP code 96801 through 07/27/2017

7.1

Based on 9 Ratings for the 2017 models.

7.6/10
    6.7/10
    7.2/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

Notabley poorer than my 2011 lacrosse

By on Sunday, December 25, 2016

I don't own this car

Pros: "better mileage than in past"

Cons: "Ride is disappointing, engine much noiseir,"

"Surprisingly worse than my 2011 Lacrosse. Noisy engine, spongy handling, visability improved which was major flaw in past. Wouldn't consider it after a test drive. Made me appreciate my old LaCrosse."

Buick sets new benchmark in Luxury Sedans

By on Friday, February 17, 2017

Pros: "Quiet, Comfortable ride. Outstanding Technology."

Cons: "Expensive when fully loaded."

"I own the redesigned 2017 Buick LaCrosse, Premium/AWD. Previously I drove the 2010 LaCrosse, purchased new and redesigned that year. My satisfaction with the previous generation was outstanding, delivering exceptional service and reaching nearly 80K miles at trade-in. The NEW generation LaCrosse for 2017 undoubtedly sets a higher benchmark for Domestic Luxury Sedans! In addition to its superior comfort and quietness while in motion, this model simply excels in technology and efficiency. Loaded with every safety feature imaginable, this Buick also includes the most advanced 3.6l VVT 310hp V-6 engine, that includes Auto Cylinder-Deactivation and Auto Start-Stop technology. These features collectively assure impressive gas mileage without compromising on rapid acceleration. The latest available, 8-speed auto transmission, is operated by a very intuitive, shift-by-wire control knob. Gear transitions are flawless at speed. Being completely fair & honest with such low mileage currently, I choose not to rate my experience in reliability. However, if this model meets or exceeds my experience with the 2010 Buick LaCrosse, I will surely give it a 10/10 as well. I have no doubts on the future of this car. Every Professional review that Ive researched, suggests that this Buick will indeed give most comparable Foreign Luxury Sedans a serious run for their money!"

test drove and it's fun

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2016

I want this car

Pros: "really awsome for the price."

Cons: "can't turn off stop/start engine tech feature."

"I wish they would have kept the button to turn off stop/start technology. every thing else looks quite great. such new technology can not be tested real time by customers."

Rides like a go kart

By on Saturday, January 28, 2017

Pros: "gas mileage, quiet, looks decent, handling"

Cons: "ride, steering"

"Best thing about this car is the gas mileage is pretty good for a car this size. And it is quiet. After that, I don't have much good to say starting with the ride. I have a 2017 premium in crimson red with the 20" wheels and tires. What a mistake. I drove the 18" version prior to getting mine and it was a floater. This one, equipped with RE97s rode like a go kart. And in sport mode it feels like you have no suspension at all. Now true, I'm a sporting sort of guy for an old geezer, but this car rides harder than a Vette or Z/28 that I've owned and its not in the same universe as my Pontiac G8 GT. At 500 miles I replaced the tires (at my expense) with Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 and that helped a little. It still doesn't cure the issue that the suspension tuning is way off of the charts. It's never still, never smooth. In the first 1/2" or so of suspension travel it needs more compliance to soak a little more of small road disturbances. Over big road undulations it's fine. Another major issue is the steering in that it's way too light and quick just off of center which makes the car darty. Constant small steering corrections are required to keep this car in your lane. If you want a car that makes you look like an old geezer weaving all over the rode driving it, then this is it. And this time it won't be the geezer's fault. True, big wheels, but still a 40 series tire just like the 19s" on my G8. Why can the G8 ride light-years better on far more aggressive tires (RE-11s)? Brakes are great and the pedal feel is one of the best I've ever driven with great bite and it's pressure sensitive and not travel sensitive. Handling when driven very aggressively is also pretty good for this type of car. Probably would make a decent autocross car as that's how sharp the turn in is. However, that's not what one wants 100% of the time. Be nice to be able to drive straight down the road. How Buick ever put this out in the captured test fleet on the streets of Detroit and didn't notice all of this is beyond me. Other than the above, no complaints."

With 6 cylinder - Rides like a go cart with power

By on Monday, March 6, 2017

Pros: "Not a bad value given size and standard options."

Cons: "Hard ride and small mirrors."

"I bought the basic 2013 module with a six cylinder. Not a bad value for the money. Appreciate all the nice options that come with the car. Only drawbacks are: A hard ride on a bumpy road and the side mirrors are to small. I dont know why more car manufacturers dont put wishbone suspensions on cars. I would not mind paying a little more for those two improvements. If they did these changes, I would have raised my recommendation to other buyers."

Per Page:  5 | 10