2012 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 232 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Amazing Vehicle, lots of tech., smooth look

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pros: "Technology, Engine, Interior, Traction Control,"

"Looks great, good engine performance, quiet from outside noise, comfortable seats, warning on side view mirrors for close vehicles, nice radio and sound system,heads up display(which is the main reason for buying this car).Fit and finish are superb. Excellent fuel economy for a full-size vehicle. Quiet and comfortable ride."

A Car For The Senses!

By on Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Pros: "Price, Fun to Drive, Great Sound System, Looks Gre"

Cons: "Grill Looks Weird"

"This car seems to have everything a car lover needs... and then some! Every time I get in it and play around with the buttons and switches, I discover a new feature that blows me away. The performance and handling are superior - it is clear GM took it's time engineering and building a true road car with this model. The ride is smooth, the braking is responsive, it's fast (we have the CXS model), and for the icing on the cake, the 11-speaker Harmon Kardon speaker system sounds phenomenal! Watching a DVD in the built-in DVD player is like being in the movie theater, except the sound is MUCH better. I can't think of anything that's not to like about this car yet."

HIGHLY LUXURY AUTOMOBILE

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pros: "Navigation, headlights, onstar, safety, quiet"

"Bought two hours ago I love this car after trading a 2002 BMW its a car worth everything. I looked at this vehicle Friday salesman said the paperwork wasn't ready at the time. After get off work stopped by dealership just bought my Lacrosse has so much in class."

great car, top notch interior, style is a plus,

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "great car for price,love style"

Cons: "handling"

"best car i every owned"

Luxury Vehicle for Less than Luxury Price

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Great amenities and handling for the price"

Cons: "Outside rear view mirror visability"

"Not only do I like the vehicles styling , but I am thrilled with its performance. I have the basic powertrain configuration with the upgraded 19" chrome wheels. It handles like a European vehicle costing much more."

Very Nice Car

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, sharp looking"

Cons: "none so far"

"I traded my Audi in on the LaCrosse and have not regretted the decision. The looks, fit and finish of the car are excellent, but the my real motivation was to get away from high priced Audi repairs. I was suprised by how much I have enjoyed the car so far. At this point, 10000 miles into it, I would buy another Buick and would recommend to others. Buick is quickly catching up to the foreign car luxury market."

2010 Buick laCrosse

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Excellent looking car with spacious interior seating and decor. Very stylish. Transmission requires some getting used to. Car runs smoothly and quietly. I am getting better than expected miles per gallon on highway."

Unbelievable

By on Saturday, July 25, 2009

"There are no more poor excuses left to buy a Lexus when America can build a car like this. After 3 Lexi I had to try an American car and this one caught my eye. It's by far the quietest car I've ever been in and the interior detail is fantastic. The fuel economy has been better than the manf stated. Flawless paint job as well. Everywhere I go people ask me about this car."

WOW

By on Thursday, December 31, 2009

"I have had 3 Cadillacs in a row, but this 2010 LaCrosse is the quietest, most comfortabl;e, easy to drive car I have ever owned. Electronics are easy to use; blue lighted instruments are pleasing to the eye; Nav System is very accurate; back seat has limo proportions."

Problem free for 2 years

By on Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Pros: "Interior, rearview camera, navigation"

"By far the best interior GM has ever developed outside the Cadillac line. The car is as fun to drive today as it was when it was purchased new 2 years ago. 2 oil changes and a tire rotation was all the maintenance needed this first two years of ownership."

Excellant vehicle, BUT!!!!!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Handles well, quiet good workmanship"

Cons: "Visibility"

"Their are many fine features in this automobile but it has a number of design problems which are in some case dangerous and some just annoying. DANGEROUS: Visibility in the front is very poor because the front roof supports art too wide and the side view mirrors are placed so that your visibility is further reduced, Rear view visibility is very poor you can lose a tractor trailer in the blind spot. The rear window is too small and provides limited visibility. ANNOYING; No interior trunk release, no lock on the glove compartment, arm rest is too small and does not have enough storage space, the cargo net is almost useless (very poor design), trunk is too small, map pockets in door needs to be larger""

Nicest Car Yet

By on Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pros: "V6 has lots of power; 6-speed auto trans is smooth; excellent handling; very nice interior"

Cons: "Rear view is someone restricted; but reverse sensing system helps overcome this."

"I am very happy with my LaCrosse CXL. The car offers a lot of features I wouldn't have expect on a car in this price range. Performance is excellent and the V6 engine gives more than enough power while maintaining good mileage for a car as heavy as the LaCrosse (I got 32 MPG on a recent trip to Boston). The interior is luxurious; everything is soft and inviting; the seats are very comfortable and the ambient lighting adds a nice touch. This car is a winner and definitely not your grandfather's Buick. If GM can continue to makes cars like this they have a customer for life in me."

Good value

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "Feels good on the road. Little choppy in town."

Cons: "Limited front passenger storage."

"I like the car. Good feel and power. Only negative is the rear window and pillars. Very difficult to see side view when backing up. Narrow line of site."

love it

By on Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cons: "front seats could be more comfortable, stereo ok"

"I loved the look of this car. The front bucket seat could be more comfortable. At first I thought Buick put the arm rest too far back until i realized it slides forward. It is extremely fast and responsive. You get better gas mileage when you are in sport mode and shifting the gears yourself. I got the touring package and love it. HUD is a must. I've heard better stereos but it is ok. One complaint is I wish there were paddle shifters on the steering wheel. It gets a lot of looks plus you don't see a million of them. Love the navigation,(do wish it was a satellite system and not hdd) on star is a great."

Spectacular automobile!

By on Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pros: "Fantastic car for the price."

Cons: "Front window pillars are wide and obstruct view."

"I get compliments wherever I go regarding the LaCrosse. It is a gorgeous automobile inside and out. Drives like you are sailing on a cloud. Have driven a Caddy and, honestly, it does not come close to the ride of the Buick. Sound system is spectacular. Bluetooth is fantastic. Navigation is wonderful. Comfort is great. Only problem is that the front window pillars are too wide and distract your view somewhat. It is a fabulous auto."

The Rear View Camera often blacks out

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

"The Rear View Camera is very poor. The Camera does not adjust for slight changes in light value and then blacks out. After a delay of from 21 seconds to 2 minutes the camera sometimes resets to the light and an image is visible. The camera does not display a satisfactory image at night. The dealer replaced the camera but theres was not improvement in the image. The dealer wrote a 'technical issue' report and Buick responded that these black out incidents were 'a normal characteristic' of the camera. I did two online chats with customer assistance and was informed both times that camera image black outs and unsatisfactory images at night were 'a normal characteristic' of the camera. I wrote a comprehensive summary detailing the slight lux value of the light a these camera at the time of these blackouts. Buick replied that the blackouts and unsatisfactory to no image at night were 'normal characteristics' of the reverse camera system. And that Buick did not intend to replace any reverse camera components on my vehicle. I own two other vehicles with reverse camera systems and both of these systems display a perfect image under all of the light conditions wherein the Buick Lacosse system fails. Buick is aware of these facts and still claims that the Lacrosse camera is OK."

great styling; responsive; loaded with extras

By on Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"We love the back-up camera, it has saved us from a few accidents with civilians/inanimate objects. Plus the radar alerts for blind spots in side mirrors."

Buick is for us younger folk too.

By on Sunday, January 17, 2010

"I tested an Acura TL and RL, a Cadillac CTS, a '06 Lexus LS and GS350, a Hyundai Genesis, and an Infiniti M35 and G37, VW CC; and then I bought a Buick at 29 years of age. I think GM has set their sights too low by comparing this vehicle to the Lexus ES. I didn't drive the ES because it looks very boring. I did however, drive a lot of other cars that I thought would convince me not to buy the Buick. All the cars I mentioned above have something nice to offer: TL's sportiness, GS's smooth power, LS's numbing comfort and living room size, Genesis's interior quality, CC's one of a kind design however, none of them put the package together quite like the LaCrosse (The M35 came close but for a lot more $). The Buick is a beautiful car inside and out, it is VERY comfortable, quiet but still allows you to stay in touch with what is going on with the car and the road. I've only had this car for a couple of days but I am more than pleased with my decision. The only regret I have is that I might've spent a few more thousand for the CXS. I know GM is coming out with a 4 cylinder; I just hope they don't cheap this vehicle down like Ford does with the Mustang. I don't want an entry Lux vehicle that goes into high end Malibu territory. That being said, I hope GM stocks become available sooner than later."

My 1st Buick

By on Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"I never imagined EVER buying a Buick, but this is not your Father's Buick. The design both inside and out rival or beat Lexus and Acura and for a much lower price. The leather seats and quality of the trim work on the interior cabin is top of the line and the 5 year warranty is great. The drawbacks that I found... it is underpowered for the size of the vehicle. If you want any options just get the CLS, because it comes with so much that you wouldn't have to add anything - plus you get the more powerful engine, better wheels and the fancy rear exhaust. I found out after I bought it that the production of the car was stopped because of electrical issues. I haven't had a problem and hopfully that has all been resolved. I do love the car but one more issue... GM dealerships... they need to get a clue from Honda. The waiting areas are small and dirty and they act like you are bothering them. I look forward to taking my Honda in for service. Free Starbucks and great atmosphere. Not that tough GM."

$40K sounds expensive

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Reasonably nice car but way too expensive, too heavy (2 tons) and fuel hungry. Poor visibility so back-up camera and blind side alert system should be standard on all models. For that much money interior materials should be of higher quality especially on door and dash. Too much hard plastic that scoffs too easily. Otherwise a nice and smooth car. At idle it is quiet as a library. I do mostly city driving and I get about 17 mpg. Go for the 18" inch wheels as they are much more quiet than the 19". In six months of ownership the car has been flawless."

Better than 2009 LaCrosse

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"I first sought eyes on this car in early January, doing a lot of research here and there. I found out that it wouldn't be released until late 2009 and I needed a car immediately as my previous vehicle broke down. I went ahead and bought the 2009 Buick LaCrosse in early 2009, for the price of $23,000, knowingly that the 2010 was just 5 months away. I told the dealership to give me a call when it comes in, and last week they called me and I got my hands on the 2010 LaCrosse CXS. Traded in the 2009 for $21,000 and the trade in already covered my previous loan. Walked out of the dealership with the CXS with navigation and 'push start/stop'. The interior is much more quiet and smoother than the 2009, the leather seating feels more 'tough' as it does not sink down after hours of driving. Although, if you plan on purchasing this car I would suggest buying it with the rear back-up sensor or camera as you cannot see the trunk as you reverse. It's almost like the Lucerne, you cannot see the trunk but the window is very wide."

As good as the advertising suggests

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive; Good gas mileage for its size"

Cons: "Poor sunroof design; Limited options for 4 cyl"

"I've only had the 2012 LaCrosse for 6 weeks. But so far it is everything I wanted. It is classified as an entry-level luxury car, and I'd agree. It has all the expected items I would want - port for ipod or mp3 player, 30 gb disk to store music, 120 volt outlet, navigation, good sound system, rear view camera and proximity detectors, etc. I wanted the 4 cyl model with eAssist (electronic) controls - what EPA calls a mild hybrid. It has only a 182 hp engine (20th out of 21 in its class), but its pickup from a dead stop is nothing to sneeze at. The battery backup makes up for the supposed lack of horsepower, and I like getting 29-30 average mpg for a fairly large car - much better than the 23 mpg car I traded in or the EPA 21 mpg for the 6 cyl LaCrosse. Engine turns off at stoplights, and usually flawlessly starts between the time you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator. Occasionally you feel a slight shudder as the engine starts. Only complaints so far are: GM's sun roof has a curtain covering always letting light in, even when you don't want it (so I didn't buy a sunroof), and the fact that some features are only available with the premium II or premium III options with a 6 cyl engine. Why can't I get keyless ignition in a 4 cyl? There is no logical reason why some options are limited to 6 cyl cars only."

best handling most comfortable ride & 28mpg

By on Sunday, October 9, 2016

Cons: "none that I can think of"

"white diamond ,all leather, handles like a dream. All the bells, whistle & safety features Much more......."

Not the Buick Quality Im used to

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Price/Lease, Fun to drive, Comfortable"

Cons: "City MPG, Quality, Storage"

"The car itself is sub par. In looks and features it's packed for the price, however the quality is not there. After 9 months and almost 7900 miles on it there are so many squeaks and rattles that according to the dealer "doesn't effect the driveabillity of the car. So its something WE just have to live with" I'm thinking really? I could have saved $10,000 and got a foreign make but Ive always had and loved a GM vehicle. Maybe its just my car as I have a few (4) friends with the same car with various "packages" and they have been "good" so far. As far as driving goes the car is comfortable and fun to drive, however seem sluggish at times or like the transmission isn't quite sure what gear it wants."

My wife and I both love this car!!!

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, styling, leg room, easy to drive"

Cons: "not discovering this car sooner"

"We have only had the car for a month, so I can't say anything about reliability, however ride and comfort is above top notch. We were looking at and test driving the SRX, and, CTS and feel that the Lacrosse beats it in every category, the ride is smooth, the seats just wrap around you, and power on the highway is more than enough (more than the SRX). We just took an extended trip with 4 adults and luggage, everybody was comfortable and NOT cramped at all. Plus we averaged 27 mpg with all that weight. Ambient lighting is a sweet touch also. My wife likes the lines of the car, it looks like it is moving down the road when it is sitting still."