2011 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 229 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Not My Fathers Buick

By on Sunday, November 28, 2010

"I had a hard time switching to a Buick after years of driving Corvettes and SUV's but I figured it was about time to grow up. My Dad always drove Buick's so I stopped at the local dealer to get me a look. This Car is awesome, Nothing like my Fathers old Buick. It is a smooth ride, comfortable, quiet, with clean lines and it turns heads like my Vet did. It doesn't accelerate like a Vet or Camero but I never thought it would. If you want a great car, run to the dealer and grab one of these."

Looks beautiful; poor gas mileage!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful car"

Cons: "Very poor gas mileage!"

"My car is beautiful, but it only gets 13 mpg. That would be ok if gas were $2.00/ gal; but at $5.00/ gal it is no good. I tried 4 cyl car, but that was awful! I got the 6 cyl and no one told me how bad the gas mileage would be. I am so disappointed. I have only driven Buicks, but this was a big mistake. Front door not wide enough for bad knees. Steering wheel doesn't move high enough."

This is a great car!

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "Power, ride, interior space and quietness"

Cons: "None for us"

"My wife bought a 2011 CXS w/ 18" chrome wheels fwd and V6 after someone totaled her 2005 Lexus ES330. She and I love this car in comparison. After reading the negative reviews, I will agree the, trunk is kind of small but our family of three went to Disney for a week with no problems even though my wife had a suitcase for herself ;-). Yes the A pillars are large but I can only think of a very few times that it has even caused a concern. Yes there are some blind spots but I recommend having the blind spot indicator that shows in the rear view side mirrors which works really well, not to mention the review camera. The negatives aside, this car rides and handles extremely well with a very quiet cabin. The seats are comfortable for all day driving and the back seat space is awesome! The high performance front struts do cancel any torque steer. The radio, navigation and air controls are easy to use and work great. The cool thing is that we have had more compliments with this car than any other ever including the Lexus. This car is great to look at even standing still. It has been very realible so far."

Service Bullitins Galore

By on Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"CXS-Keyless entry has major problems. Causes seat functions not to work and makes the remote start range terrible. GM has no fix and if you complain they just run you in circles. Trim falling off. Front bumper coming loose. Great looking car but run in the other direction if your looking at this car!"

Great Ride with comfort and performance!

By on Saturday, June 18, 2016

Pros: "Good pricing, handling and luxe interior."

Cons: "The center console is hard to access due to lid."

"I've had my '14 Leather AWD for 20 months and remain impressed with the ride, performance and technology. Being 68, I've had my share of autos, a mix of luxury and performance nameplates. This car is solidly in my Top 10."

Best, most enjoyable car I've ever owned.

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable and economical."

"When I pay this one off, I plan to trade it for another one. It gets 29.2 mpg overall. Since day one."

Better than the Lexus, Jaguar, Infinity etc!

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "CXS has more features buy but burns more gas w/ v6"

Cons: "The 18'' wheels make for a smoother ride than 19''"

"Compared to the other Midsized vehicles... lol the Lacrosse not only looks better but beats some of them in price! My CXS is fully loaded"

Beautiful car with many issues

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful looking car, great comfort of driving"

Cons: "Quality of built"

"Buick has built a great looking car, but quality is still an issue. In the past year and a half (86,000 miles done in that time), had steering wheel replaced (wood trim started to crack), had repeated problems with sun roof shade (it still does not close all the way, in spite of few trips to the dealer), had few mechanical issues (catalytic converter had to be replaced), roof lining got loose at the corners of the sun roof and had to be replaced, rubber sills at the window start to come off in cold weather, will have to make another trip to the dealer soon. If you plan to buy this car, extended warranty is a must. Comfort of driving is what got me to buy this car, still love it, but becoming a personal friend with the service department at my dealer is not what I had in mind when I decided to buy a Buick. GM has to seriously start to work on improving the quality of this car, improve its mileage, and improve the visibility if they want to compete with the likes of Lexus."

Switched from BMW to this car

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Styling, handling, power, roomy and comfortable."

Cons: "Mileage could be a little better. Blind spots."

"Every ten years I try and buy an American made car and until this car I have always been disappointed. It's a 2011 and I have 25000 miles on it and it has been great. I have used it for family trips with 2 kids and a teenager in the back seat with no problem. I had a BMW which I liked a lot and I have to say that the La Crosse compares favorably to the BMW. Not quite as responsive but nothing that I notice a lot. I saw complaints about trunk space but I can't agree (maybe previous years had a problem). There is definitely a blind spot issue but I have the side radar warning and the backup camera so I have learned to get around it. Very comfortable even for passengers. So pleased I can finally buy an American car I bought my wife the Enclave for Christmas."

nicest car I have ever driven

By on Saturday, October 15, 2011

"excellent fuel economy and not one squek or rattle"

Extreme mixed emotions!!!!

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pros: "Great price for all the bells and whistles."

Cons: "Car really does not have a definitive identity.."

"I have had my 2010 CXS for about 1.5 years. I have some mixed emotions. I think the design is beautiful. Really pretty to look at. I have the white Tri coat pearl option and the gas cap and the plastic bumper are a darker shade. The bumper is not flush with the body of the car. The ride for the CXS is not what I would call "Smooth". With the 19" wheels"

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Have had it just over 6 months, no problems. It's a pleasure to drive."

CXS

By on Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Never thought I would buy a Buick... Now I'm buying a second one."

Think Twice Before Buying!

By on Friday, September 14, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful Car, great gas mileage, nice options"

Cons: "No Spare Tire, Poor visability"

"I purchased this car almost a year ago after doing considerable research and comparisons to other 2012 vehicles. I read all the reviews and test drove two Lacrosse's before making a final purchase. From the beginning I have never felt comfortable driving this car because of the poor visability. The side posts of the car plus the head rests block a large area that leaves you blind when pulling out of an intersection or even my driveway. The sides of the car are so high that its hard to see medians that separate lanes and I have run over them twice because I couldn't see them. Traveling in heavy traffic is a bit daunting because you feel like you can't see all the cars around you even with the "blind spot" feature. The front end of the car drags my driveway every time I pull in and out. Also, the front is so low that if I pull too close to a concrete parking "stop" it scrapes the paint off the front of the car. THEN what I didn't know about and had no reason to ask is that this car does not come with a spare tire - not even a "doughnut". I recently ran over a nail on I-85 and barely made it to the next exit before the tire went flat. My only option was a can of Fix A Flat and a pump. No tire! Since I had a hole in my tire big enough that Fix A Flat wasn't going to take care of it, I had to be towed 27 miles to an APPROVED Buick/GMC dealership, passing a GMC dealership on the way that apparently was not APPROVED. The tire couldn't be repaired so I had to wait several hours while a tire from an APPROVED tire store could be found, transported to the dealership and put on my car. The flat tire happened at 8:30 a.m. and I got my car back at 1:30 in the afternoon with a cost of $250. With no spare tire, your choices are limited. I could have been stranded in a dangerous place or left waiting on the interstate until an APPROVED towing company could be found and dispatched. GMC apparently left off the spare tire to achieve better gas mileage. But this action could leave you stranded with no choice but to wait by the side of the road. My husband checked into purchasing a spare tire and at first was told there were none available even though there is a place in the trunk to put a spare tire. Now we are told that they are hard to get but the dealership can order us one for a price of nearly $600. My car has all the bells and whistles which are very nice, but I could do with less "bells" for better visability and my own spare tire. Think twice before you buy this one. I'm shopping for another vehicle WITH A SPARE TIRE!"

Beautiful Car - Poor Visability

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Great looking car."

Cons: "A safety concern with such poor visibility."

"What were they thinking when they made this car? I should have gotten the backup camera. Yes, it is a beautiful vehicle; however, my visibility when backing up is very poor. My general visibility when driving this care is not good. I have a 4 cylinder engine, and my mileage is only 19.2 mpg for city driving. I receive compliments on what a great looking car I have. I like the look of the interior and the exterior."

This is one of the finest cars I have driven.

By on Friday, August 7, 2015

Pros: "Like riding in living room, but more comfortable!"

Cons: "Blind spots I would suggest the warning option"

"Great Car!"

Great car on the highway.

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

"I have had the 2011 Lacrosse for 3 years and it is a great car. Runs great and very smooth on the highway. The only difficulty I have with the vehicle is that visibility out the front of the vehicle is unusually cluttered by the large side mirrors and roof supports. Makes for some tricky intersections at times."

excellent luxury sedan with all upgrades

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "comfort of expensive luxury car; every convenience"

Cons: "no interior trunk release"

"one owner; serviced by dealer every 5,000 miles; one driver, no accidents or body damage for life of car; paint excellent condition, tires fairly new, interir excellent;"

Jerky drive makes the car less than desirable

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, great looking"

Cons: "Jerky drive, not a good value for the money."

"The transmission jerks, severly sometimes, when you let off the gas to slow down. Everyone that rides with me is surprised that it does that since Buick is suppose to be high quality. Dealership can find nothing wrong with the car."

visibility very poor.

By on Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pros: "handles well and sharp looking so far few problems"

Cons: "lots of blind spots"

"gigantic head rests and small back windows make me feel like I'm in a cage. I'm learning to use mirrors more but still not comfortable in traffic."

Great Car!!

By on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pros: "Features"

Cons: "Sight Lines"

"I traded up from the 2011 Buick Regal (which I loved) the 2013 Lacrosse is NOT a disappointment! I got the Premium II (minus navigation due to On-Star a mistake) however, the features are totally enjoyable. The sound system Harman Kardon is perfect with surround-sound (very nice). The car is very quiet and extremely comfortable; I get compliments all the time by valets. The Lacrosse handles well and the safety features off-set the view issue just adjust to the car attributes. My favorite feature heads-up, cool seats, heated steering wheel and expanded sun roof. When this lease expires I plan to try the 2014 or 2015 what a great car, just treat yourself."

It's a beauty!

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "Luxury, great engine, technology equipped"

Cons: "Poor lateral visibility"

"The 2011 Lacrosse CXS has everything you need. It's one of the smoothest rides I've ever had and the HUD technology experience brings the driver to a totally different level!"

Ultimate Highway Cruiser

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Quiet, Reliable"

Cons: "Average handling, gas mileage"

"I spend a lot of time in the car, especially on the interstate. This car is PERFECT for long road trips. I pay a little bit in the mileage department (typically get around 28 mpg cruising along at 75), but the comfort level makes up for it. The only thing that would make this car better is if the handling (cornering, braking, etc.) were better, and perhaps a slightly more spacious trunk. Since I didn't buy it to take to the track, though, it serves its purpose and serves it well. I genuinely love spending time in this car. We look for excuses to take road trips in it."

Sexy Montral!

By on Saturday, November 20, 2010

"I am so happy with my CXL Lacrosse. I bought it in September 2010. It is amazing, the ride is smooth, it shuts out the noise from the outside world and I feel like I'm floating in space. You won't regret this purchase!"

Beautiful auto

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"We looked at BMW Mercedes and Lexus. We saw the Lacrosse and fell in love. The car is a year old and has not been to the dealer once. GM has won back a customer. We love the Buick."