2010 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 227 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

The Rear View Camera often blacks out

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

"The Rear View Camera is very poor. The Camera does not adjust for slight changes in light value and then blacks out. After a delay of from 21 seconds to 2 minutes the camera sometimes resets to the light and an image is visible. The camera does not display a satisfactory image at night. The dealer replaced the camera but theres was not improvement in the image. The dealer wrote a 'technical issue' report and Buick responded that these black out incidents were 'a normal characteristic' of the camera. I did two online chats with customer assistance and was informed both times that camera image black outs and unsatisfactory images at night were 'a normal characteristic' of the camera. I wrote a comprehensive summary detailing the slight lux value of the light a these camera at the time of these blackouts. Buick replied that the blackouts and unsatisfactory to no image at night were 'normal characteristics' of the reverse camera system. And that Buick did not intend to replace any reverse camera components on my vehicle. I own two other vehicles with reverse camera systems and both of these systems display a perfect image under all of the light conditions wherein the Buick Lacosse system fails. Buick is aware of these facts and still claims that the Lacrosse camera is OK."

great styling; responsive; loaded with extras

By on Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

"We love the back-up camera, it has saved us from a few accidents with civilians/inanimate objects. Plus the radar alerts for blind spots in side mirrors."

Buick is for us younger folk too.

By on Sunday, January 17, 2010

"I tested an Acura TL and RL, a Cadillac CTS, a '06 Lexus LS and GS350, a Hyundai Genesis, and an Infiniti M35 and G37, VW CC; and then I bought a Buick at 29 years of age. I think GM has set their sights too low by comparing this vehicle to the Lexus ES. I didn't drive the ES because it looks very boring. I did however, drive a lot of other cars that I thought would convince me not to buy the Buick. All the cars I mentioned above have something nice to offer: TL's sportiness, GS's smooth power, LS's numbing comfort and living room size, Genesis's interior quality, CC's one of a kind design however, none of them put the package together quite like the LaCrosse (The M35 came close but for a lot more $). The Buick is a beautiful car inside and out, it is VERY comfortable, quiet but still allows you to stay in touch with what is going on with the car and the road. I've only had this car for a couple of days but I am more than pleased with my decision. The only regret I have is that I might've spent a few more thousand for the CXS. I know GM is coming out with a 4 cylinder; I just hope they don't cheap this vehicle down like Ford does with the Mustang. I don't want an entry Lux vehicle that goes into high end Malibu territory. That being said, I hope GM stocks become available sooner than later."

$40K sounds expensive

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Reasonably nice car but way too expensive, too heavy (2 tons) and fuel hungry. Poor visibility so back-up camera and blind side alert system should be standard on all models. For that much money interior materials should be of higher quality especially on door and dash. Too much hard plastic that scoffs too easily. Otherwise a nice and smooth car. At idle it is quiet as a library. I do mostly city driving and I get about 17 mpg. Go for the 18" inch wheels as they are much more quiet than the 19". In six months of ownership the car has been flawless."

Better than 2009 LaCrosse

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"I first sought eyes on this car in early January, doing a lot of research here and there. I found out that it wouldn't be released until late 2009 and I needed a car immediately as my previous vehicle broke down. I went ahead and bought the 2009 Buick LaCrosse in early 2009, for the price of $23,000, knowingly that the 2010 was just 5 months away. I told the dealership to give me a call when it comes in, and last week they called me and I got my hands on the 2010 LaCrosse CXS. Traded in the 2009 for $21,000 and the trade in already covered my previous loan. Walked out of the dealership with the CXS with navigation and 'push start/stop'. The interior is much more quiet and smoother than the 2009, the leather seating feels more 'tough' as it does not sink down after hours of driving. Although, if you plan on purchasing this car I would suggest buying it with the rear back-up sensor or camera as you cannot see the trunk as you reverse. It's almost like the Lucerne, you cannot see the trunk but the window is very wide."

As good as the advertising suggests

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive; Good gas mileage for its size"

Cons: "Poor sunroof design; Limited options for 4 cyl"

"I've only had the 2012 LaCrosse for 6 weeks. But so far it is everything I wanted. It is classified as an entry-level luxury car, and I'd agree. It has all the expected items I would want - port for ipod or mp3 player, 30 gb disk to store music, 120 volt outlet, navigation, good sound system, rear view camera and proximity detectors, etc. I wanted the 4 cyl model with eAssist (electronic) controls - what EPA calls a mild hybrid. It has only a 182 hp engine (20th out of 21 in its class), but its pickup from a dead stop is nothing to sneeze at. The battery backup makes up for the supposed lack of horsepower, and I like getting 29-30 average mpg for a fairly large car - much better than the 23 mpg car I traded in or the EPA 21 mpg for the 6 cyl LaCrosse. Engine turns off at stoplights, and usually flawlessly starts between the time you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator. Occasionally you feel a slight shudder as the engine starts. Only complaints so far are: GM's sun roof has a curtain covering always letting light in, even when you don't want it (so I didn't buy a sunroof), and the fact that some features are only available with the premium II or premium III options with a 6 cyl engine. Why can't I get keyless ignition in a 4 cyl? There is no logical reason why some options are limited to 6 cyl cars only."

Great car with poor visability

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pros: "a reliable car, very comfortable"

Cons: "poor visability"

"Reversing in this car is a nightmare due to the poor visability thru the rear side windows due to the oversized headrests in the front seats blocking the view. Also the high trunk deck means the the rear view mirror only shows 50% of the outside of the vehicle - the rest of the mirror shows the inside ! Car handles great, gas mileage is 24 overall, 32 on highway."

Not the Buick Quality Im used to

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Price/Lease, Fun to drive, Comfortable"

Cons: "City MPG, Quality, Storage"

"The car itself is sub par. In looks and features it's packed for the price, however the quality is not there. After 9 months and almost 7900 miles on it there are so many squeaks and rattles that according to the dealer "doesn't effect the driveabillity of the car. So its something WE just have to live with" I'm thinking really? I could have saved $10,000 and got a foreign make but Ive always had and loved a GM vehicle. Maybe its just my car as I have a few (4) friends with the same car with various "packages" and they have been "good" so far. As far as driving goes the car is comfortable and fun to drive, however seem sluggish at times or like the transmission isn't quite sure what gear it wants."

My wife and I both love this car!!!

By on Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, styling, leg room, easy to drive"

Cons: "not discovering this car sooner"

"We have only had the car for a month, so I can't say anything about reliability, however ride and comfort is above top notch. We were looking at and test driving the SRX, and, CTS and feel that the Lacrosse beats it in every category, the ride is smooth, the seats just wrap around you, and power on the highway is more than enough (more than the SRX). We just took an extended trip with 4 adults and luggage, everybody was comfortable and NOT cramped at all. Plus we averaged 27 mpg with all that weight. Ambient lighting is a sweet touch also. My wife likes the lines of the car, it looks like it is moving down the road when it is sitting still."

Very Nice Car!

By on Saturday, July 7, 2012

"I have owned the car for a year and a half, runs and drives exellent. I have had more people make comments on what a nice looking car it is. I have the CXS and it has every option you could want, and I love the keyless ignition never have to take my fob out of my pocket. If your looking for a car, take a good look at the Buick Lacrosse."