2009 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 309 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Numerous problems

By on Saturday, July 25, 2009

"The transmission acted up around 6000 miles. Dealer "fixed". Went out again at 12000 miles. Vehicle warranty expired. Had to have new transmission installed at my expense. Ignition faulty. (Warranty expired.) New shaft in steering column. (Warranty expired.) Starter replacement. (Warranty expired.) Battery replacement. Groaning noise when backing up and turning wheel to left. This vehicle has cost me $2450 in repairs since the warranty ran out. I don`t want to invest any more money in the car, and seriously considering trading it in, but not for another GM product. This is a CXS "top of the line"? I must admit that it is a nice driving car with a great engine, but not worth it with all the other problems."

disappointed in engine

By on Monday, December 26, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, solid ride"

Cons: "3.6 V6 terrible"

"I bought my 2nd LaCrosse in 2014 after my first one was totaled in a crash (thank you side curtain airbags!). However, the 2nd on had the 3.6 V6 instead of the reliable 3800. The engine jerked and sputtered on acceleration. When the weather got extremely cold, the engine would not start. Mechanic checked it out and found insufficient compression when the weather was cold. Determined the cylinders were scored, and needed a new engine. Overall both cars were great, but the 3.6 is definitely a dud."

Good vehicle

By on Thursday, December 22, 2016

Pros: "nice well equipped car"

Cons: "should make abs & antiskid std."

"Bought used last June w/100k miles. Generally pretty happy with the car. Prefer cloth seats to the standard leather I got. I would gladly trade the auto-A/C & OnStar for ABS & Anti-skid which this car did not have. It's not the best on ice & snow. Got it because of previous ownership of '02 Park Ave. & the excellent 3800 engine. It's not quite the car the Park Ave. was,but generally works well. No real problems so far. Driver's recline needs a stronger return spring. Paint markings on radio & A/C knobs is poor quality. Highway mileage is inconsistent at times for the same trip..???? but generally is fairly good. Ride is good. Brakes are very good."

Great Reliable Car.

By on Friday, February 1, 2013

Pros: "Comfy and great to drive."

Cons: "Gas Mileage."

"It has never let me down or stranded. The Gas Mileage could be better. 22-24 on the expressway. I had a Regal GS Superchsrged that got 30-32. Same basic 3.8 Liter Engine. It has a nice quiet interior and quite comfortable. But that's what Buicks are all about. Overall it's been a Very Nice Car. But with 99000 Miles it's ready to be traded in. Great Car that I hate to see go, but another Buick caught my eye."

Love IT!!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, Nice engine, Beautiful interior"

Cons: "I do not have an MP3 jack"

"My second Buick and I absolutely love this car!! The leather seats are beautiful and easy to clean. Wood panel is a great touch. Ride is smooth. I'm 25 and let me tell you Buick is not a grandma car anymore!!!"