2008 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 310 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Very comfortable and good-performing sedan

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Good performance and reliability; smooth running"

Cons: "Mediocre stereo sound"

"I am the second owner of my '06 LaCrosse. My previous car was a '94 Buick Park Avenue. Compared to the Park Avenue the LaCrosse is equally quiet and smooth-running (both have the familiar 3.8 litre V-6, not supercharged.) However I did prefer the soft ride and large interior of the Park Avenue. The LaCrosse is less of a boulevard cruiser but its ride is quite comfortable. The standard stereo system is powerful but has a booming bass quality that I don't care for, so I have to tinker with the tone settings a lot. At 6 years old and 67,000 miles, there are no problems with the car and no known major mechanical problems in its history. I would recommend this type of car to anyone looking for a comparable sedan in its price range."

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

By on Saturday, July 17, 2010

"only had this car 11 days and i love it . 2007 cxl with 55,400 miles. best thing was price, only 10,600 dollars. 3800 v-6 is peppy but also thirsty average 20mpg.filly loaded w/remote start, which i didn't know it had till i brought her home. buick are supposed to be old people cars, but still are sporty[looks like mercedes in front] i'm 45 but feel like a 20 year old behind the wheel! car gets plenty of stares."

Great vehicle for price

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"I have had my LaCrosse for over a year now. I purchased it used with 10, 000 miles on it. Never had any problems with it. It has the high out put engine so the mpg is a little low but ok. I get 21-22 in city driving and 26 on the highway. If you need power it is there from the start or passing on the highway. It is a very comfortable ride and can adjust to meet any need. Only down side is no MP player due to being marketed to an older genreation but I am 40 and love the looks and style just needs a few newer tech toys to make it a totally awesome vehicle. I would not trade it for the very few short comings. I purchased it for a work vehicle to drive clients and co-workers."

Love my LaCrosse

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Bought my '05 new. I drive 100 miles per day and love this car. Very reliable and dependable. My husband has a blind spot when he drives my car. Doesn't seem to have much head room for a average man. Perfect for me. 27-30 mpg. Never a minutes trouble"

I love this car!!

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"I bought my 2005 Buick LaCrosse from a local dealer and my friends thought I was crazy because the car had 80000 miles on it when I bought it in 2007. That mileage told me that it had been mostly driven "highway" and hadn't experienced a lot of "stop & go". I have never had a moment of regret! It is the smoothest riding car I have ever owned, gets 30+ mph highway & 26+ overall avg. mph. I love the dual climate control, the split bench seat with the fold-down console and the remote start. If & when it's time to trade again, I wouldn't hesitate to try to find another LaCrosse. I LOVE this car!!"

By on Friday, July 11, 2008

"My Buick La Crosse proved to be an wonderful purchase. We owned it for 2 years. Just yesterday my children and I were in an awful crash. We all walked away with only minor whip lash. The car might be totalled, but its safetly features were invaluable. I'll miss my beautiful car."

Caddy in Buicks clothing

By on Saturday, April 5, 2008

"When I went looking for cars I did not have a Buick in mind. I went out looking at Impalas, G6's and older Caddy CTS's. I am a professional 35 year old man and thought that a Buick was an old guy car. Man was I wrong. My '07 LaCrosse CXS has heated leather, premium sound, moon roof and a 240HP 3.6L VVT V6. This car is awesome. It gets 27-30mpg on the highway and is the most comfy car I've ever been in. The best part is it's an American car so if you are willing to buy a used one you can acquire one for about half of the original MSRP. My CXS had a MSRP of $30492 and I bought mine with 18K on it for $17392, not a bad deal for "a Caddy in Buicks clothing"."

2006 CXL

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"I have a 2006 CXL. Great car. Two issues I bought this car based on the 29 MPG. Will never happen. Best I can push out of the car is 22.5 MPG. Traction in the winter snow and ice with stock tires and rims falls into the dangerous class. Change rims to 17" and better quality tires it is a different world."

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"I've had my 2007 LaCrosse CSX for 6 months now and put 8K miles on it. Great ride, gas milage, and over all excellent experience. If GM keeps building cars like this the auto wars are over and they win!"

Very Nice!

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"I find the car to be quite economical for a medium size sedan. It is quiet and handles well for a front wheel drive. I have had no mechanical problems or transmission problems. It has a sleek and smaller look for a mid-size sedan. Good quality and value for the price!"

fuel consumption

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I like the car it is very comfortable, I'm not sure that I like the soft swishey ride, I came to Buick from a Subaru. On the highway it dosen't feel like I'm in control of the car. Gas milage is OK on the hwy avg 26-28 mpg, but around town it is poor."

best vehicle for price

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I have owned my 2005 laCrosse for a year and put 25000 miles on her. I've had no problems except a clicking serpentine belt that I replaced with a GATES belt. The car has great power and fuel economy ,it rides nice and has great standard feature. I will buy another buick if they keep making them as good as this one."

Love this car!

By on Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, great buy"

"Love this Buick. Bought it new in 2005 and has been great. Very comfortable like you're floating on a cloud! Drives very nice. The big engine gives it good speed when needed on the freeway. Very reliable, never had any issues. Fits 5 pretty comfortably. Love the heated steats in the winter time!"

Very good overal daily driver

By on Saturday, March 2, 2013

"Great car to own. I've owned many cars including 3 BMW's and find myself enjoying this car at the top of my list. Interior holds up better than any of my others, looks and drives great too. I'm averageing 24.8 mpg which is fine being that 80% of the miles are in-town."

Very Reliable Vehicle

By on Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Outside mirrors block views on close turns."

"Not what I expected sizewise from Buick but it is reliable, comfortable and stylish."

Love it!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

"Love it! 3800 V6 and trans are bulletproof. Rides and handles great. Amazing comfort and roominess for the price. Might keep this Buick forever."

tHIS IS A GREAT CAR--VERY QUIET AND COMFORTABLE.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "QUIET, RELIABLE."

Cons: "BAD ANTILOCK BRAKES! NO TEMP OR COMPASS, PAINT FL"

"DROVE 160K FROM NEW AND NEVER A PROBLEM EXCEPT THE ISSUE OF ANTILOCK BRAKES. REPLACED WHEEL SPEED SENSOR 3 TIMES, STILL NG. VERY QUIET AND SMOOTH, GREAT ON LONG TRIPS, SEATS SUPPORTAVE."

absoutley wonderful

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Good power, suspension and ride."

Cons: "Cost to replace tires"

"I have owned 6 new cars and this one is by far and away the best I ever bought. On a scale of 1-10 this one's a 12."

A nice vehicle for the price.

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Great value, comfortable, peppy engine"

Cons: "no auxilary hook up for ipod"

"I have enjoyed the car for the most part. It is comfortable, the engine is excellent, and for a V6 it gets good mileage, around 25 mpg on trips. I wish it had an auxiliary cable hook up like most cars of this year do, and the wipers drive me nuts. In the winter it is hard to get the ice out from under them since they recess into the hood, and then to change the blades they do not swing out like most cars. Otherwise I have no complaints about this car, a good value."

Relable long lasting great value

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "gas milage"

Cons: "should have got one with leather seats"

"I purchased this car with 26000 miles on it. Other than oil and tire changes, I have had no major repairs. Love this gas milage too!"

2007 Buick CXL

By on Saturday, January 7, 2012

"I have some major electrical issues with my LaCrosse that the dealership is unable to diagnose. Also, the light front end causes it to slip and slide a lot in the winter. However, this is a smooth, quiet riding vehicle. Very comfortable and roomy."

Excellent transportation

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "Excellent on xways and good gas mileage"

"I've never had a problem wth this car. I love it. It's just hard, at this time, to get in and out of a car and need to get a van or something similar."

Great car

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"NO PROBLEMS. NO COMPLAINTS. COMFORTABLE. RELIABLE."

I love this car

By on Thursday, November 25, 2010

"This car is comfortable on the highway as well as in the city. I bought it as a Certified Used Car when it was less than 1 year old. I have kept up all servicing recommended and it has performed perfectly for the 4 years I have owned it. I am going to purchase another Lacrosse. I guess that says it all. PS It has been garage kept."

Nothing but trouble

By on Monday, July 26, 2010

"Bought this 05 Lacrosse new in 06, have had it in for what I consider major repairs that have cost me more than $500 each time. In the shop AGAIN right now for another $800 out of pocket, thinking of getting rid of this car after it is fixed this time. Also own an 02 Explorer that everyone me told was junk, has 130K miles on it, Buick has only 70K and have spent more on repairs for this Lacrosse then I ever have on the Explorer!!!!"