2006 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 309 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride and never had any issues"

"I tell everyone if they want a smooth riding car that's reliable, get this model - it's the best overall car I have ever owned and that says a lot because I've owned them all!"

Favorite Car Yet

By on Monday, March 28, 2011

"It,s quiet and very comfortable.We got 33 mpg on a trip to Cal. and back. Our old '95 Park avenue was not as quiet or good on gas. We love the xm radio and feel safe with the onstar system. I really like the two tone gray interior and the power lumbar support. The car has a solid heavy feel that reminds me of the Buicks of the fifties. Also, I liked the 3.8 v-6 which is my favorite GM engine. I would buy another Buick just like it if I could(new)."

Love My Buick

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Purchased new at a dealership. We wanted a comfortable vehicle with leather interior. We also love the quiet, smooth ride. It is nice to actually hear the radio when driving down rough country roads. The mileage ran around 30mpg hwy when new, but has declined to around 25mph hwy over the years. Seats are comfortable - front and back. We chose this LaCrosse over the very popular Corrolla, for less money and (we feel) far more comfort."

Great Value for Price

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I have to agree with other reviews -- the gas mileage is not great! However, the car does handle well in all weather and Buick customer service is wonderful. It has been reliable and no transmission problems as stated in other reviews. GM should look at putting something other than Goodyear tires on their new cars -- I've replaced 2 tires already and have less than 10,000 miles on the car."

My second Buick. Very comfortable, easy to drive.

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, good gas milage, low maintenance"

Cons: "big"

"Gets really good gas milage, only selling because garage of new town home is too small for the car (literally!)"

The Best Ever

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"I do not particularly like the exterior design of the 2005 LaCrosse. I was always a Monte Carlo Fan or most recently a Dodge Charger Fan. I like mean looking vehicles. I guess I grew up after I retired and had to go for a "not your grandpa's buick". However, I have to admit I've had a trouble free vehicle since February, 2005. Very good performing auto. Will probably purchase a 2010 or 2011 LaCrosse."

Great Reliable Luxury Car

By on Saturday, June 19, 2010

"2007 Buick LaCrosse CXL w/ 3.8 L V-6 purchased new in June 2007. 18,400 miles in 3 years. This is an excellent car with a luxury ride that holds its value. Pros: 1) Quiet luxury ride. 2) Good acceleration and stopping. 3) Large trunk. 4) Seats 6 w/ fold down front console. Great for extra grand kids. 5) Only mechanical problem was one key fob stopped working. Replaced by dealer under warranty. Only 1 minor recall in 3 years. Cons: 1) Gas mileage is disappointing 15 city/22 Hwy over 18,000 miles of record keeping. This is far below the advertised 20 city/30 Hwy. 2) OEM Goodyear tires are terrible. They were noisy and completely wore out after only 18,000 miles. 3) Tire pressure sensors in wheels have to be reset at the dealer when you rotate the tires. 4) Poor uncomfortable entry for larger or taller drivers. 5) GM dropped my dealer and now I will have to travel 25 miles RT for service. Guess they don't want me to buy another Buick."

great ride

By on Monday, May 10, 2010

"Bought this car almost a year ago. Bought it as certified used. have had no problems so far. My wife and I can't believe how quiet and smooth the ride is. We've owned a Chevy Impala before and there is no comparison in the ride. It took awhile to get used to the quietness and haven't noticed any rattles yet either. The gas mileage is about 28.5 on the highway and 25.5 overall. Not bad for a midsize car. We had an Aveo that got about 32 at its best. I'll take the Buick especially for safety........."

one of the worst experiences

By on Friday, November 13, 2009

"Had the car since June 2008. Have had the steering bearing and shaft replaced. Have had a continual shimmy between 55 and 75 mph. Undoubtably the worst gas milage. In town 16 on the highway the best todate is 23.7. The information lights in the instrument panel will dim to the point they can't been seen during the day. Sensor was replaced however, the problem continues to crop up. Other than the above problems the car is great. Looks super going down the road."

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"For anybody looking for a midsize sedan, young or old, seriously consider a Lacrosse. I have had this car for about a year now and I want no other. It runs great and has plenty of power. Mine has the 3.6L engine which is very quiet with a lot of pep. Car gets fair gas mileage. I get about 24 or 25 all freeway. City I get about 20 mixed about 21. The interior is very roomy and the seats are comfortable. Not as soft as other Buick's I have seen but it will support you well. If you are a tall person there is a pretty good amount of headroom. I am 6'2 and there is about an inch or so from the top of my head to the headliner. I have had only a couple of minor problems with this car. So if you are looking for a nice looking car that you will love to drive, get a Buick Lacrosse."