2005 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 309 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Love My Buick

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Purchased new at a dealership. We wanted a comfortable vehicle with leather interior. We also love the quiet, smooth ride. It is nice to actually hear the radio when driving down rough country roads. The mileage ran around 30mpg hwy when new, but has declined to around 25mph hwy over the years. Seats are comfortable - front and back. We chose this LaCrosse over the very popular Corrolla, for less money and (we feel) far more comfort."

Great Value for Price

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I have to agree with other reviews -- the gas mileage is not great! However, the car does handle well in all weather and Buick customer service is wonderful. It has been reliable and no transmission problems as stated in other reviews. GM should look at putting something other than Goodyear tires on their new cars -- I've replaced 2 tires already and have less than 10,000 miles on the car."

My second Buick. Very comfortable, easy to drive.

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, good gas milage, low maintenance"

Cons: "big"

"Gets really good gas milage, only selling because garage of new town home is too small for the car (literally!)"

The Best Ever

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"I do not particularly like the exterior design of the 2005 LaCrosse. I was always a Monte Carlo Fan or most recently a Dodge Charger Fan. I like mean looking vehicles. I guess I grew up after I retired and had to go for a "not your grandpa's buick". However, I have to admit I've had a trouble free vehicle since February, 2005. Very good performing auto. Will probably purchase a 2010 or 2011 LaCrosse."

Great Reliable Luxury Car

By on Saturday, June 19, 2010

"2007 Buick LaCrosse CXL w/ 3.8 L V-6 purchased new in June 2007. 18,400 miles in 3 years. This is an excellent car with a luxury ride that holds its value. Pros: 1) Quiet luxury ride. 2) Good acceleration and stopping. 3) Large trunk. 4) Seats 6 w/ fold down front console. Great for extra grand kids. 5) Only mechanical problem was one key fob stopped working. Replaced by dealer under warranty. Only 1 minor recall in 3 years. Cons: 1) Gas mileage is disappointing 15 city/22 Hwy over 18,000 miles of record keeping. This is far below the advertised 20 city/30 Hwy. 2) OEM Goodyear tires are terrible. They were noisy and completely wore out after only 18,000 miles. 3) Tire pressure sensors in wheels have to be reset at the dealer when you rotate the tires. 4) Poor uncomfortable entry for larger or taller drivers. 5) GM dropped my dealer and now I will have to travel 25 miles RT for service. Guess they don't want me to buy another Buick."