2005 Buick LaCrosse

Based on 309 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Needs Work

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Car looks great, but definitely needs work. Have had the car a little over a year, and have had it in for computer work twice. Had to reprogram it once and put a new one in the second time. Have had it in for tranny work 3 times. Last time they had to replace the valve body. Third time is to probably re-do the last work. Replaced the belt tensioner twice, and is squeeking again, Everything is under warranty, but too much major work in less than 26K miles."

overall good vehicle

By on Thursday, October 8, 2009

"we bought this LaCrosse new in feb. 2007 We've had 3 or 4 minor problems. There seems to be a transmisson problems that the dealer can't or won't fix. This car is great on the highway. We took it all the way to northern Michigan,about 1400 miles each was last year & it was very comfortable. However the seats in our 2002 Century were plusher. I would like to trade it for the new 2010 LaCrosse but the trade in value on this one is terrible. Our 2004 Camry SE is worth almost as much on trade in."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Thursday, August 21, 2008

"If you are looking for something that rides like a Cadillac, responds like a Cadillac, but has a much more reasonable price? Then a Buick LaCrosse is perfect for you. No, a LaCrosse doesn't have all the luxuries, but the quality of the car as a whole is great! I have come from 2 Fords and previously I had a Taurus before owning my LaCrosse. What a difference!! Much more push from the engine and the smoothest ride you could ever want. In fact, my dog used to get car sick in my Taurus, now she doesn't even pant as much as she did. She sleeps soundly and quietly the WHOLE time!! As far as repairs, I have just had to deal with the basics. New Brake pads, oil changes, head light bulb replacement. I have owned this car for 2 years and recieved it as a used car at 33000 miles and now have 56000. Best 2 years I have ever had with a car. While my parents and friends are compaining about their repair bills and awful gas mileage; I get 24mpg on avg (32 highway when i go on trips) and minimal repairs. All I can do is i smile!"

Better than Honda

By on Thursday, December 17, 2009

"I was surprised when I saw the price tag on this vehicle at the dealership, $23050. The MSRP was $30350, and it was better than the Honda Accord that I have been test driving the past weeks. I was looking for a decent car, and this one was it as it was much quiet and relaxing while driving. Although it's engine may be smaller than the Honda's, you floor that pedal to the metal and you can feel the pullback. So far, there's just one thing I don't like is that the trunk doesn't have a handle to open or close it. You'll have to slide your hand under the trunk as it is open at the slightest and raise it up. The gas mileage usually drops once you hit the road. I let my wife drive the vehicle to work, she usually drives 30 minutes on the freeway, and the gas mileage increased to 24.6 mpg. We switched cars and I drive on the side streets and with the dramatic difference my mpg went down to 17.3. I'm thinking of trading the car in for the 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL, the dealership didn't have any in stock during the moment I purchased, and with that I was in need of a vehicle as my old vehicle broke down. But, for the price you get you'll get a decent vehicle with leather and a quiet interior at the lesser price of a top class Honda Accord (without navigation)."

love this car

By on Monday, March 16, 2009

"The feel of driving this car on long road trips is awesome. If you are normally driving stop and go in the city, it would be comfortable, but its real gold value is on the long road trips.. I have taken 3 2,000 Plus mile road trips with this car, and it has performed perfectly, it handles wonderfully, and allows for less stops because you stay more comfortable."

Great Automobile

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"I have drove Lincoln',Mercury',Fords for over 23 years. GM has a smoother,Quiter ride. I have a 2008 CXS and love the 240 HP very quick. Great sound system. Had to replace the battery under warranty. Buick service is top notch. This is my first GM product in a long time and they have done it right. Drive a Buick you will be impressed."

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"Test drove its contenders (Camry, Accord, etc,) and the LaCrosse was the most comfortable by far. Smoothest runnng engine of any car I've ever owned. Have to be careful not to try starting it twice. Very quiet on the highway. Gas mileage is as expected of a powerful V6; not disappointed at all. Have owned this car almost a year and have had no major problems. Looks like J.D. Power was right when they equaled Buick with Lexus for realiability. Would recommend this car to friends and relatives without hesitation."

Great Buy

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"This is by far the quitest car I have ever driven. It is very comfortable and the MPG is great, 22-24 city and 28-30 on the highway. Good solid value for the working class of people."

Best car I ever owned

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "smooth ride and never had any issues"

"I tell everyone if they want a smooth riding car that's reliable, get this model - it's the best overall car I have ever owned and that says a lot because I've owned them all!"

Favorite Car Yet

By on Monday, March 28, 2011

"It,s quiet and very comfortable.We got 33 mpg on a trip to Cal. and back. Our old '95 Park avenue was not as quiet or good on gas. We love the xm radio and feel safe with the onstar system. I really like the two tone gray interior and the power lumbar support. The car has a solid heavy feel that reminds me of the Buicks of the fifties. Also, I liked the 3.8 v-6 which is my favorite GM engine. I would buy another Buick just like it if I could(new)."

Love My Buick

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Purchased new at a dealership. We wanted a comfortable vehicle with leather interior. We also love the quiet, smooth ride. It is nice to actually hear the radio when driving down rough country roads. The mileage ran around 30mpg hwy when new, but has declined to around 25mph hwy over the years. Seats are comfortable - front and back. We chose this LaCrosse over the very popular Corrolla, for less money and (we feel) far more comfort."

Great Value for Price

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I have to agree with other reviews -- the gas mileage is not great! However, the car does handle well in all weather and Buick customer service is wonderful. It has been reliable and no transmission problems as stated in other reviews. GM should look at putting something other than Goodyear tires on their new cars -- I've replaced 2 tires already and have less than 10,000 miles on the car."

My second Buick. Very comfortable, easy to drive.

By on Friday, June 21, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, good gas milage, low maintenance"

Cons: "big"

"Gets really good gas milage, only selling because garage of new town home is too small for the car (literally!)"

The Best Ever

By on Friday, July 30, 2010

"I do not particularly like the exterior design of the 2005 LaCrosse. I was always a Monte Carlo Fan or most recently a Dodge Charger Fan. I like mean looking vehicles. I guess I grew up after I retired and had to go for a "not your grandpa's buick". However, I have to admit I've had a trouble free vehicle since February, 2005. Very good performing auto. Will probably purchase a 2010 or 2011 LaCrosse."

Great Reliable Luxury Car

By on Saturday, June 19, 2010

"2007 Buick LaCrosse CXL w/ 3.8 L V-6 purchased new in June 2007. 18,400 miles in 3 years. This is an excellent car with a luxury ride that holds its value. Pros: 1) Quiet luxury ride. 2) Good acceleration and stopping. 3) Large trunk. 4) Seats 6 w/ fold down front console. Great for extra grand kids. 5) Only mechanical problem was one key fob stopped working. Replaced by dealer under warranty. Only 1 minor recall in 3 years. Cons: 1) Gas mileage is disappointing 15 city/22 Hwy over 18,000 miles of record keeping. This is far below the advertised 20 city/30 Hwy. 2) OEM Goodyear tires are terrible. They were noisy and completely wore out after only 18,000 miles. 3) Tire pressure sensors in wheels have to be reset at the dealer when you rotate the tires. 4) Poor uncomfortable entry for larger or taller drivers. 5) GM dropped my dealer and now I will have to travel 25 miles RT for service. Guess they don't want me to buy another Buick."

great ride

By on Monday, May 10, 2010

"Bought this car almost a year ago. Bought it as certified used. have had no problems so far. My wife and I can't believe how quiet and smooth the ride is. We've owned a Chevy Impala before and there is no comparison in the ride. It took awhile to get used to the quietness and haven't noticed any rattles yet either. The gas mileage is about 28.5 on the highway and 25.5 overall. Not bad for a midsize car. We had an Aveo that got about 32 at its best. I'll take the Buick especially for safety........."

one of the worst experiences

By on Friday, November 13, 2009

"Had the car since June 2008. Have had the steering bearing and shaft replaced. Have had a continual shimmy between 55 and 75 mph. Undoubtably the worst gas milage. In town 16 on the highway the best todate is 23.7. The information lights in the instrument panel will dim to the point they can't been seen during the day. Sensor was replaced however, the problem continues to crop up. Other than the above problems the car is great. Looks super going down the road."

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"For anybody looking for a midsize sedan, young or old, seriously consider a Lacrosse. I have had this car for about a year now and I want no other. It runs great and has plenty of power. Mine has the 3.6L engine which is very quiet with a lot of pep. Car gets fair gas mileage. I get about 24 or 25 all freeway. City I get about 20 mixed about 21. The interior is very roomy and the seats are comfortable. Not as soft as other Buick's I have seen but it will support you well. If you are a tall person there is a pretty good amount of headroom. I am 6'2 and there is about an inch or so from the top of my head to the headliner. I have had only a couple of minor problems with this car. So if you are looking for a nice looking car that you will love to drive, get a Buick Lacrosse."

Great Luxury Car

By on Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Got this creampuff with only 8,000 miles on it. Looks show room new. Drives like a dream! Quite, responsive and comfortable. If you are looking for a top-notch vehicle with looks, style and comfort then the 2005 lacrosse is it."

Last LaCrosse for me

By on Saturday, March 8, 2008

"It is a nice vehicle, nice ride, very quiet. Mileage is terrible, 17-19 in town, never more than 25 hwy. I have CXS with 240 HP engine. Only 19,000 miles, but been in shop several times, last time was out of warranty. The transmission is noisy and shifts jerky and whiney at times. LaCrosse is no Lexus, in looks or otherwise. My previous 3 Buicks, all Regals, were far superior in handling and mileage. This would be my first, only, and last LaCrosse"

Excellent Vehicle

By on Thursday, January 3, 2008

"I averaged 28mpg in city and highway. Got 32mph when I drove to Chicago. One of the best vehicles I have ever owned. The only problem was that it had a tad too much wind noise at high speeds."

By on Sunday, October 7, 2007

"Front doors are small and do not open far enough. Comfortable & quiet ride. V-6 has good acceleration and the 4 wheel disc ABS brabibg system is excellent. Good trunk space. Just make the front doors open more."

saved our lives

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"had a horrible wreck - totalled car - walked away - my favorite car ever ! will get another"

great vehicle

By on Thursday, April 9, 2015

Pros: "runs great and looks great, inexpensive to operate"

Cons: "none to speak of"

"I've had this car for what seems like ages. Run great and looks new. A little care goes a long way."

Great car

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"The LaCrosse has been very reliable. Simple regular oil changes and maintenance work."